Post #1 post 23rd November 2011 - 05:12 PM
Engine: 3rzfe

Exhaust: hurricane extractors to 2.25 inch system

Suspension: wound torsions and reset leafs

Wheels: 16x7 sunsaysia rims

Modifications: exhaust, lowered, custom tray, interior, sr5 front end

Stereo Audio / Visual: alpine speakers etc

Estimated Power: enough to get me from a to b

hey this is my 04 hilux ute, i bought it stock and have just been slowly doing it up

to the point that it is now.

all the tray mods etc are done by myself, there isnt much more i wanna do to it

apart from better tail lights, mudguards, tiedown points and put a toolbox onto it.

and yes the tray is long because i hate the short tray look.

like it or hate it i reckon its a pretty cool daily to get my moto around =P

2004 Toyota Hilux Rzn149r

Comments

• Boost Network 21
  • ajr1990
    Post #2

it was alright and then i saw the inside. Not quiet sure what were you were smoking...

krazybeatz
    Post #3

forget what everyone else says the interior looks hectic.. did you do it yourself? or where did/how you get it done?

dool$
    Post #4

sorry mate, interior is shockingly bad. everything else, schmick.

Draven
    Post #5

interior is umm different i guess unsure.gif

drunkn snail
    Post #6

i like the interior, kinda makes me wanna do it, except with darker colours

mattm01
    Post #7

yeah lol idc i like everything so yer, yeah i did the interior myself

nferno
    Post #8

Cool!

slokey
    Post #9

James pollock.

cameron92
    Post #10

i thought interior was just dirty lol.

1200datto
    Post #11

Kwl interior bro - never seen that done before. You've done a nice job, shame you can't get more negative offset in your rims tho.

pat_b08
    Post #12

QUOTE (1200datto @ Nov 23 2011, 08:32 PM) *
    Kwl interior bro - never seen that done before. You've done a nice job, shame you can't get more negative offset in your rims tho.

Not sure if srs.

OT I find it weird how the '04 hilux and the late 80's models are basically the same shape. If it ain't broke, don't fix it I guess. Nice ute, interior is different... I don't "hate" it.

8-O-N-K-A
    Post #13

I like it mate, interior isnt badd not my cup of tea, it would look so much better if u polished ur tray, how are the extractors on ur ute make it go much better??

mattm01
    Post #14

yeah the extractors and system make a massive difference, i notice it most down low. yer i could polish it to a mirror but im gonna eventually just polish a grain into it.

8-O-N-K-A
    Post #15

QUOTE (mattm01 @ Nov 24 2011, 09:14 PM) *
    yeah the extractors and system make a massive difference, i notice it most down low. yer i could polish it to a mirror but im gonna eventually just polish a grain into it.

I got half a system on mine (cat back) with i staright through exhaust and noticed quite a big difference but just wondering if i would notice much more with extractors, fella at the shop reackons hilux already have pretty flow shaped extractors and u probably not worth doin, wat u mean polish a grain into it???

mattm01
    Post #16

well polish a grain into it would look like a duller coloured stainless steel, say a stainless fridge with a grain in it (the little lines going across)

and because its a commercial vehicle you dont need a cat in the system, mine has extractors to 2.25 into a sports muffler, sounds pretty beast.

8-O-N-K-A
    Post #17

QUOTE (mattm01 @ Nov 25 2011, 04:02 PM) *
    well polish a grain into it would look like a duller coloured stainless steel, say a stainless fridge with a grain in it (the little lines going across)

and because its a commercial vehicle you dont need a cat in the system, mine has extractors to 2.25 into a sports muffler, sounds pretty beast.

that will look sweet man, when u had the standard tray on it i noticed u had the mirrors that mount just infront of the quarter glass could u see the road behind u or was the tray blocking ur view, looking at getting some for mine man, i should take my cat out then if u dont need one!!
    http://www.boostcruising.com.au/forums/ind...1&hl=TOYOTA

mattm01
    Post #18

yeah i could still see, i bought it with the mirrors already on. its been pretty optioned out ay power windows abs brakes and all the bs lol

8-O-N-K-A
    Post #19

QUOTE (mattm01 @ Nov 26 2011, 11:56 AM) *
    yeah i could still see, i bought it with the mirrors already on. its been pretty optioned out ay power windows abs brakes and all the bs lol

thats heaps good, did ur tray sit flush with ur cab though?? the only luxury item my ute has compared with come other lux's is cup holders and carpet on roof lol, no abs or electric windows!!

mattm01
    Post #20

nah the tray was as wide as any other one, i cut about 90mm or something like that off each side so it only hangs around 20mm or so outside the cab on either side. yeah i didn't know you could get so many gadgets on a 2wd hilux either till i looked at this one before i bought it and was like fuck yeah gotta get it lol. i had a 97-01 lux before this one with similar mods and sold it for a good price so i upgraded and made this one heaps better haha

8-O-N-K-A
    Post #21

QUOTE (mattm01 @ Nov 27 2011, 09:10 AM) *
    nah the tray was as wide as any other one, i cut about 90mm or something like that off each side so it only hangs around 20mm or so outside the cab on either side. yeah i didn't know you could get so many gadgets on a 2wd hilux either till i looked at this one before i bought it and was like fuck yeah gotta get it lol. i had a 97-01 lux before this one with similar mods and sold it for a good price so i upgraded and made this one heaps better haha

thats heaps sweet, keen to put those mirrirs on mine then ay,

Jaydeng199
    Post #22

Where can I get that sr5 front end

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x