2004 Toyota Hilux  

hilux04
  • hilux04
  • Site Newbie
  • Member No.: 251,568
Post #1 post 22nd October 2012 - 07:32 PM
Engine:

22re i believe, all stock so nothing special.

Exhaust:

2.5" catback to Magnaflow oval muffler. sounds alright.

Suspension:

all stock apart from wound torsions in the front, and 2" blocks in the back. ideally want to get it much lower but i haven't had the time or money seeing as im finishing my year 12.

Wheels:

17x7.5 territory steelies. again, nothing special but are a cheap option to make it look better than stock. hopes for the future are along the lines of a nice set of Rota's

Modifications:

'personal' steering wheel.
exhaust, as mentioned
tail lights
SR5 headlights
SR5 grille and skirt
marine carpet in the tray
flush tonneau cover
re-upholstered the seats
tint all round

Stereo Audio / Visual:
alpine headunit
alpine 6x9's all round
Fusion 1000w amp powering and Soundstream 1000w sub
(havent got pics, but its a nice setup, have managed to stop the rattles ha)

Estimated Power:

its a hilux rolleyes.gif not completely gutless, fun to boot around in i guess.

bought it stock, and tidied it up a bit for the main intention of transporting motorbikes.
Im trying to steer away from the typical air bagged 'minitruck' with unit/southern cross stickers, and attempting to make it a little cleaner than that.

I'm hoping to drop it a lot lower, and fill out the guards with a nicer set of wheels, but for now its gonna have to do!

feedback would be awesome.
i'm expecting hate, it is a 'lux' afterall haha

This post has been edited by hilux04: Oct 22 2012, 07:35 PM
2004 Toyota Hilux
2004 Toyota Hilux
2004 Toyota Hilux
2004 Toyota Hilux
2004 Toyota Hilux
2004 Toyota Hilux
2004 Toyota Hilux
2004 Toyota Hilux
2004 Toyota Hilux
2004 Toyota Hilux

Comments

• Boost Network 16
  • hilux04
    Post #2

ignore the double pics, they posted twice for some reason

DrE
    Post #3

Once you change wheels will look mint

JoshuaH
    Post #4

motor is 3rz-fe 2.7, but good work plans sound good

Anth0ny
    Post #5

Idont mind the wheels. Future plans sound alright. Just keep it clean

hilux04
    Post #6

will definitely clean it up in months to come.

for now is there much i can do engine wise to give it some more legs?
    being on my P's i cant really throw a turbo on it, so I'm already a bit limited...

Stephen92
    Post #7

Looks tidy in the car park pic ! i like it

FA77
    Post #8

Practical & Clean.

I love lowered lux'z

Kane_O
    Post #9

You have a 89-97 hilux chrome lower valance on a 97-01 hilux chrome bar. Bit of mixture. Chase up a 01-05 bumper and a 01-05 4WD apron, it will follow the curved front end and look a lot better.

And you have a 3rz-fe not a 22r

Kane_O
    Post #10

You have a 89-97 hilux chrome lower valance on a 97-01 hilux chrome bar. Bit of mixture. Chase up a 01-05 bumper and a 01-05 4WD apron, it will follow the curved front end and look a lot better.

Gerry Giraffe
    Post #11

Could be worse, its pretty good for a first car and isn't bad on the eyes. Good luck with it mate.

FA77
    Post #12

These are becoming so rare, spacecab styleside look so good. Did you get power windows?

1200datto
    Post #13

QUOTE (Kane_O @ Oct 23 2012, 07:59 AM) *

It looks like an 89-97 lawer valcance and chrome bar to me - not 97-01. But he's rite get a 01-05 bar and valance or at the very least paint your lower valance satin black. Otherwise not to bad.

Kane_O
    Post #14

QUOTE (1200datto @ Oct 24 2012, 12:58 AM) *
    It looks like an 89-97 lawer valcance and chrome bar to me - not 97-01. But he's rite get a 01-05 bar and valance or at the very least paint your lower valance satin black. Otherwise not to bad.

I thought the same, untill you look closer and it matches the side profile of the guards properly, also it has no indicator holes and is chrome, don't think someone went through the effort of welding them up and getting the bar re dipped.

Either way a 01-05 bar and apron will look much better :) nice car OP. always wanted a spacecab but my single cab does the trick :)

hilux04
    Post #15

yeah i got lucky finding an extra cab, reckon i've only ever seen 1 other the same as mine in SA, pretty hard to comeby so i've heard.
    single cabs probably look a bit tidier, but i couldn't go past the practicality.

as for the front bumper, i'm keen to break up the chrome a bit.
    what i was thinking was get a new front bar (01) in either white or black as a couple of you suggested and then paint the grill black.
    i saw one the same front as mine with it black and it looked 100x better. too much chrome the way it is now.

cheers for the positive feedback though!

Kane_O
    Post #16

Perfect plan mate. Everyone does chrome! I'm going gloss black bumper and grille and mirrors.

1200datto
    Post #17

yeh fair call Kane_O. This would be good for you http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Hilux-Fr...=item23247f6744.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x