2002 Ford Falcon SR Auiii - QLD: Brisbane  

lazyvp
  • lazyvp
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 204,087
Post #1 post 2nd February 2013 - 03:05 AM
Engine: 4.0 six cylinder, nothing special.

Exhaust: 2.5" lukey cat back system.

Suspension: Stock.

Wheels: Factory 16" alloys.

Modifications: 2.5" lukey exhaust, iridium plugs, new Delphi coil pack, leads, body kit.

Stereo Audio / Visual: Sony head unit.

Estimated Power: Nothing too epic, still far more fun then my old mirage though.

Well my partner and I after purchasing a 2005 D22 Nissan Navara 4x4 to travel found out that we have a little one on the way! Happy as can be but this meant my fuel efficient mirage had to go and make way for a four door. I'm thankful the car is clean though down to the factory spare tyre in the boot!

I missed having a comfortable auto to just jump into, press the 'go' peddle and be on my way! It had to be fairly safe for my family and easy to get parts for. When I came across this AU III SR I loved it (some people hate them I know). The only mods were exhaust, and body kit, it does however need a TE50 front bar to complete this kit but I'm waiting until I can find an original as the rest of the kits Ford made, not fibreglass.

When I'm on my opens plans probably won't change, might throw in some King Spring lows and a tow pack so I can buy a toy car and trailer, buying a house at the moment means this has to be on hold though, I'm not a young p plater (24) so the car won't get butchered.

This post has been edited by lazyvp: Feb 2 2013, 03:53 AM
2002 Ford Falcon Sr Auiii

Comments

• Boost Network 0
  • Gerry Giraffe
    Post #2

I'd ditch the kit and just have it plain, clean and simple. Good luck with it though, i don't mind the AUser falcons.

lazyvp
    Post #3

I understand what you mean. Funnily enough though I've only ever liked AUs with ford designed kits like TE50s or XR8 kits, I actually can't stand them without any kit at all.. Luckily enough all of this kit is standard as in came with the car other then the TE50 rear bar. Ill attach an image of what I'm aiming for, might give everyone more of an idea smile.gif

lazyvp
    Post #4

Here you go. (:

Draven
    Post #5

AU Falcons, never been a fan, horrid front end... but its tidy at least...

lazyvp
    Post #6

Cheers Draven. Like I said to the other bloke I understand lol AUs have to be one a certain way for me to think they look any good as well. Oh and I was meant to like your post not dislike it ahah. I blame my iPad.

mark1414
    Post #7

Woah its like Falcon day on boost today. Looks ok, I would probably prefer it with the stock kit since even though its a ford designed kit it still screams boy racer a little...

_Ben
    Post #8

If you're gonna have that kit you at least need some good wheels for it

lazyvp
    Post #9

QUOTE (_Ben @ Feb 3 2013, 03:10 PM) *
    If you're gonna have that kit you at least need some good wheels for it

I know I know lol take it easy, I only picked the car up four days ago, I have a brother who had to take some 19" dark agents off of his ute as the tyres aren't load rated, I'm thinking of fitting those temorparily until I find something else I like.

_Ben
    Post #10

QUOTE (lazyvp @ Feb 3 2013, 07:46 PM) *
    I know I know lol take it easy, I only picked the car up four days ago, I have a brother who had to take some 19" dark agents off of his ute as the tyres aren't load rated, I'm thinking of fitting those temorparily until I find something else I like.

Haha, I have an AU too, I just know they look a lot better with a set of good wheels. Im running BA MKII XR wheels and they make the car look a whole lot nicer, though I think you'll need more aggressive wheels to suit the body kit smile.gif

Travis
    Post #11

If you are having a family why would you lower it and spend money on it? I use to own a AU3 falcon with 220hp. Biggest regret of my life was spending money on a car. Even just little things.

lazyvp
    Post #12

QUOTE (Travis @ Feb 4 2013, 05:19 PM) *
    If you are having a family why would you lower it and spend money on it? I use to own a AU3 falcon with 220hp. Biggest regret of my life was spending money on a car. Even just little things.

Because I come from a family who have always been Ford enthusiasts, even though Ive owned cars from both sides of the fence and I believe in enjoying my cars without going over the top and making it dangerous for my family. Hence why ill go for proper shocks and 'low' springs not super low, super super low or ultra low (my partner would shoot me if I did that to a car again lol).

I do small things to this car because it suites my taste, family car doesn't have to mean boring car, just a safe one.

And _Ben do you have any pictures of your AU mate? Im at work so cant spend the time searching through topics lol.

timmo86
    Post #13

nice au, would look great with the kit & dark agents! the au front grows on you after awhile! they still ride pretty good on superlows and dont scrape much at all its a nice height, the au is one of the most reliable falcons every made! and cos everyone seems to hate on them parts are cheap! miss my old wagon! best car i've owned!

vk134
    Post #14

QUOTE (timmo86 @ Feb 5 2013, 08:37 AM) *
    nice au, would look great with the kit & dark agents! the au front grows on you after awhile! they still ride pretty good on superlows and dont scrape much at all its a nice height, the au is one of the most reliable falcons every made! and cos everyone seems to hate on them parts are cheap! miss my old wagon! best car i've owned!

Like a coldsore..........I remember the launch at Metro ford, I have never heard so many people gasp and go WTF?. The AU s1 with that fkd sliced bread grill, It really broke with the progressive styling changes, BA was closer to EL. But I see now the sad arse, dopey dora look has invaded some of the Mercedes range rear styling, so maybe they were ahead of their time.

Great old bombs to thrash around in, I only had an AU for 5 weeks until my BA was delivered, it was a s3 futura so didn't look too fkd, but still never grew on me.

lazyvp
    Post #15

QUOTE (vk134 @ Feb 5 2013, 10:13 AM) *
    Like a coldsore..........I remember the launch at Metro ford, I have never heard so many people gasp and go WTF?. The AU s1 with that fkd sliced bread grill, It really broke with the progressive styling changes, BA was closer to EL. But I see now the sad arse, dopey dora look has invaded some of the Mercedes range rear styling, so maybe they were ahead of their time.

Great old bombs to thrash around in, I only had an AU for 5 weeks until my BA was delivered, it was a s3 futura so didn't look too fkd, but still never grew on me.

The standard front setup like mine currently is less the attractive ill admit that but I really REALLY like the TE50 front using the AU lights like the pic of the silver car above. I guess it's a matter of personal opinion really but the car is a bit of fun, comfortable as anything and has a nice rumble and isnt loud with the lukey exhaust (not raspey or tiny). Once I get the front bar I will be a lot happier, the front bar replaces the grill too obviously lol.

_Ben
    Post #16

QUOTE (lazyvp @ Feb 4 2013, 05:37 PM) *
    And _Ben do you have any pictures of your AU mate? Im at work so cant spend the time searching through topics lol.

Yeah man, mines just a bog stocker though, bar the wheels

Link here

lazyvp
    Post #17

Wheels really do make a good big difference lol.
    Im just getting new tyres sorted for my wheels/fitting and balancing then it should make the car look at lot better.

Front bar will be ordered in a week or two as well depending on pay obviously (and how cranky my partner gets) wink.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x