Buying A Car In Nsw, Registering In Qld ? - What do you need to do ??  

  • sharif_car_audio
  • Senior User
  • Member No.: 22,429
  • Joined: 6-April 05
  • Posts: 2,811
  • From: COMPTON
Post #1 post 25th March 2007 - 11:53 PM
Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a Japanese Import vehicle from NSW.

It is fully complied and it is registered under NSW.

What do I need to do to transfer the registration etc to QLD ?

I'm lost ? what forms to use and what to do ?

Also what will be the best way to minimise stamp duty as I'm told you got to pay it twice ?

should I drive it under his NSW rego to QLD then take it to QLD Transport and somehow cancel it, but then won't they need his signature lolol

Im so lost help a brother out !

Thanks guys.
Post #2

That thread will probably have most of the information you're wanting. I can't be bothered retyping what I already wrote, so go have a read.

Anything that you need clarified from the other thread, copy it to yours and we'll see what we can do smile.gif

Post #3

Please search.

There was alot that went into a prev topic, as Retarded Monkey said.

Mods - Lock n close.

Post #4

QUOTE(RetardedMonkey @ Mar 25 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]1280899660[/snapback]

That thread will probably have most of the information you're wanting. I can't be bothered retyping what I already wrote, so go have a read.

wavey.gif Jago smile.gif

1. click and hold left mouse button

2. scroll down to highlight

3. Right click - select copy

4. Change windows/tabs

5. Right click - select paste

6. left click 'add reply' button


Post #5

If you wana get into lazyness ski...




Post #6

QUOTE(57ING @ Mar 14 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1280861840[/snapback]
If I bought a car from NSW that has current NSW rego on it and I wanted it up here in Qld what do you suggest I do?

Is it as simple as buying it unregistered off the guy selling the car for a cheaper price, getting it shipped to Brisbane unregistered, then getting a RWC done then just registering it in Qld?

What will I need to get off the NSW person selling it, any documents?

Seems to simple............

QUOTE(HKS02 @ Mar 14 2007, 01:55 PM) [snapback]1280861958[/snapback]
nsw rego means jack up here. you need to get a rwc and then go get it registered in your name up here. they can not transfer nsw rego to qld. all you need of him is proof of sale

QUOTE(Jimmy Boy @ Mar 14 2007, 02:00 PM) [snapback]1280861983[/snapback]
Yup did this about 18months ago with my S15

legally you have 2 weeks to register the car in QLD, but as if they anyone will know that you arent just a visitor or just bought it.

you will need to get a RWD cert and pay stamp duty on the total car amount thats the shitty bit.

QUOTE(^sims^ @ Mar 14 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]1280862166[/snapback]

Unregister.. get a RWC, a receipt from the person you're buying it off (and maybe one made out at a lesser price for stamp duty purposes tongue.gif) and thats about it.

It really is that simple.

QUOTE(RetardedMonkey @ Mar 14 2007, 03:12 PM) [snapback]1280862210[/snapback]
When I bought my car from NSW, 2 weeks ago, I still took all the registration papers, road worthy certs and proof of sale documents with me, just incase I needed them for anything at all.

I mean, at the end of the day, what is the guy going to do with a RWC for a car he doesn't own? He may aswell give it to you.

I ended up, getting a 2 day permit to drive the car unregistered/unplated for a small fee, so I didn't have to pay for a full 6 months/1 year registration in NSW. Saved on transportation costs, and had a nice little road trip back to QLD from Sydney.

Then last week, organised to drive it to the mechanics (need to organise CTP cover + fill out the full registration form from QLD transport to get it there), got the road worthy certificate, drove to QLD transport and registered the car - all in the same day smile.gif

So I technically drove the car, about 1200km, unregistered and without plates... all legal.

QUOTE(RetardedMonkey @ Mar 14 2007, 04:36 PM) [snapback]1280862645[/snapback]
As Lance has said...

You need the proof of sale to show to QLD transport when you go to register the car here.

The best way I can suggest is to just NOT put a price on the receipt you get from the seller, and then get a proof of acquisition form from QLD transport in which you can write any price on, and the seller doesn't have to do the same.

Okay, so I just did all the work for him then! smile.gif

Now, time to close the thread?

He's answered his question, learn't how to copy and paste things and add a reply, and also learn't how to use the search function, all within a few minutes!

Post #7

This should be pinned! a step by step tutorial on how to use search!

Post #8

Yeah, but people still wont see a pinned topic and will still fucking put up the same topics asking the same shit.

Rookie ROX
Post #9

Unfortunate werd.gif

Or at least we should just bookmark it to throw the link up each time the topic comes up....*sigh*


  • Member Login

    If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

    Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

    If you don't have an account create one below.

    Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

    Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: