Nsw To Qld Rego Question  

57ING
  • 57ING
  • FQ320
  • Member No.: 9,905
Post #1 post 13th March 2007 - 07:16 PM
If I bought a car from NSW that has current NSW rego on it and I wanted it up here in Qld what do you suggest I do?

Is it as simple as buying it unregistered off the guy selling the car for a cheaper price, getting it shipped to Brisbane unregistered, then getting a RWC done then just registering it in Qld?

What will I need to get off the NSW person selling it, any documents?

Seems to simple............

--------------------
260kw's
12.1 @ 116
QR Sprint - 58.4
QR Clubman - 61.8
Lakeside - 63.1 (first time out)
HKS02
Post #2

nsw rego means jack up here. you need to get a rwc and then go get it registered in your name up here. they can not transfer nsw rego to qld. all you need of him is proof of sale

57ING
Post #3

Cheers, easy as.

Jimmy Boy
Post #4

Yup did this about 18months ago with my S15

legally you have 2 weeks to register the car in QLD, but as if they anyone will know that you arent just a visitor or just bought it.

you will need to get a RWD cert and pay stamp duty on the total car amount thats the shitty bit.

^sims^
Post #5

Yeah..

Unregister.. get a RWC, a receipt from the person you're buying it off (and maybe one made out at a lesser price for stamp duty purposes tongue.gif) and thats about it.

It really is that simple.

RetardedMonkey
Post #6

When I bought my car from NSW, 2 weeks ago, I still took all the registration papers, road worthy certs and proof of sale documents with me, just incase I needed them for anything at all.

I mean, at the end of the day, what is the guy going to do with a RWC for a car he doesn't own? He may aswell give it to you.

I ended up, getting a 2 day permit to drive the car unregistered/unplated for a small fee, so I didn't have to pay for a full 6 months/1 year registration in NSW. Saved on transportation costs, and had a nice little road trip back to QLD from Sydney.

Then last week, organised to drive it to the mechanics (need to organise CTP cover + fill out the full registration form from QLD transport to get it there), got the road worthy certificate, drove to QLD transport and registered the car - all in the same day smile.gif

So I technically drove the car, about 1200km, unregistered and without plates... all legal.

^sims^
Post #7

^^ Yeah thats how I got my car but it was from Melbourne to Bris.. Only got pulled over twice as well.

warney
Post #8

QUOTE(^sims^ @ Mar 14 2007, 03:14 PM) [snapback]1280862221[/snapback]

^^ Yeah thats how I got my car but it was from Melbourne to Bris.. Only got pulled over twice as well.

that wasnt for ya car though sims.....

i have my nsw rego for ummm.......9 mths now...just about to getta rwc and transfer it to qld....

if it has heaps of rego , as stated before just leave it on

happy buying sting......btw what ya get ???

aust_italian
Post #9

also with stamp duty u tell them how much the car is worth... so u can make that bit up you dont have to show them receipt or anything. well i didnt when i did this with my car 18 months ago.

DR1F7
Post #10

You do need a proof of sale, otherwise how do you prove you own it?

RetardedMonkey
Post #11

QUOTE(aust_italian @ Mar 14 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]1280862324[/snapback]
also with stamp duty u tell them how much the car is worth... so u can make that bit up you dont have to show them receipt or anything. well i didnt when i did this with my car 18 months ago.

QUOTE(DR1F7 @ Mar 14 2007, 04:29 PM) [snapback]1280862598[/snapback]
You do need a proof of sale, otherwise how do you prove you own it?

As Lance has said...

You need the proof of sale to show to QLD transport when you go to register the car here.

The best way I can suggest is to just NOT put a price on the receipt you get from the seller, and then get a proof of acquisition form from QLD transport in which you can write any price on, and the seller doesn't have to do the same.

frankxinyu
Post #12

i think it takes ages for RTA to refund your money for the rego left on the car...pain in the arse

Jimmy Boy
Post #13

actually if you give a false amount you can cause insurance problems and have a claim denied or be forced to pay it back.

Anchor
Post #14

QUOTE(Jimmy Boy @ Mar 15 2007, 01:24 PM) [snapback]1280865727[/snapback]

actually if you give a false amount you can cause insurance problems and have a claim denied or be forced to pay it back.

Unless you say the extra was incurred during modifications?? I payed $4000 for my car and its insured for agreed $22000 hsdance.gif

But i put even less down when i went to get it registered so i didn't have to pay bulk stamp duty, car was bought from family anyway.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x