Turboed Sigma, Mitsubishi? - has anyone else seen it  

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
Slipri3_w3n_w3t
  • Slipri3_w3n_w3t
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 30,585
Post #1 post 29th August 2005 - 04:36 PM
i was walking along lae drive, down near runaway bay shops and a dodgee looking sigma drove past witha louud exhaust, i wasnt taking much notice untill u herd the turbo spool up and a wooosh from the bov im like wtf lol. good on the guy for doing something uneque, but is he serious?? does anyone know anything about it or have seen it also?
riggaz
Post #2

I've seen a few turbo'd sigmas, or scorpions... one of the two.

VY2NV
Post #3

There is a section for this..........

Hot Cars Spotted In Queensland!, Thread for those rare sites you've seen:

"This thread is to be used for telling others about the damn hot and fine cars that you've seen on the streets, and to ask for more information about them."

I guess you could put this in there!!

Click

Havent seen it though

demondash82
Post #4

they came out factory turbo lol

NiSlo
Post #5

QUOTE(demondash82 @ Aug 29 2005, 04:39 PM)
they came out factory turbo lol
[right][snapback]5311743[/snapback][/right]

Hehe yep. They sure did.

warney
Post #6

^^^^ yep and i'll 3rd that !!!!!^^^^^^

TwinCam16
Post #7

QUOTE(VY2NV @ Aug 29 2005, 04:38 PM)
There is a section for this..........

Hot Cars Spotted In Queensland!, Thread for those rare sites you've seen:

"This thread is to be used for telling others about the damn hot and fine cars that you've seen on the streets, and to ask for more information about them."

I guess you could put this in there!!
Click

Havent seen it though
[right][snapback]5311741[/snapback][/right]

I Think you need to take a chill pill.

VY2NV
Post #8

^^ lol.......prbly

*goes to get pills* laugh.gif

Slipri3_w3n_w3t
Post #9

hahah well there u go i dint now they came turbo ohmy.gif its like all multicoloured paneling n stuff looks like its getn fully done up. be intrested to see how it turns out...

Nvious
Post #10

VY2NV, yeah you do.

Theres a few sigma turbos around ..namely a red sigma wagon..... biggg turbooo

q2cme
Post #11

came stock with a few different engines turboed....including a gsr model.... they are damn quick to some of them
make for a good sleeper

like my dato should of seen the looks i was getting when you hear the flutter from the sleeper

Slipri3_w3n_w3t
Post #12

hahah thats damn cool, i will neva look at a sigma the same ever again. they look half decent now that i think of it lol. wudn mind one actually:P

s15 200sex
Post #13

51KMA yellow wagon goes alright with the blow throw setup

speed racer
Post #14

I know the sigma you are talking about if its plates are TRV something?

if it is....this car is insane!
absolutly nuts!

Stealth Cro
Post #15

yer ive seen a couple of sigmas with Evo conversions and stuff, they go hard

BSIDE
Post #16

scorpions were the turbo version werent they?

turbo or not, Sigmas are hot cars.

Mookie
Post #17

i think it was some "redback" model that came with a turbo.

they would make a great rally car i think but i can't really imagine them looking sporty.

racsov500
Post #18

Scorpions had the 2.6L motor.

Sigmas had 1600s, 1850s, 2000s, 2600s, and 2600 turbos.

Pretty cool car, has some awesome potential. Ive heard for sigmas that run 12s!

Slipri3_w3n_w3t
Post #19

fuk me dead a 2.6L turbo!!! tht wud fly... i want 1 lol. ill try and spot the plates next time i see it.

DAL32
Post #20

I saw one that had OVR004 (or OVR400) on it, which suggests it's got a VR4 conversion, but the engines are the other way around? Oh well, it still had a big exhaust and stuff on it.

80SNA
Post #21

OVR400 cud suggest over 400hp aswell...

Slipri3_w3n_w3t
Post #22

ohmy.gif that would certainly be very impressive lol

MaDDoG
Post #23

astron 2000, astron 2600, turbo was 2 litre (astron 2000) if you dont hear the timing chain rattle at start up its not an astron motor lol, scorpions never turbo'd

racsov500
Post #24

Ohk I thought the turbo was the 2.6? my bad

and yes, that good old rattle..

Jim-Sim
Post #25

hes involved with mercury motorsport.

most tidiest engine bay u'll ever see. hes fukin good at what he does, he did all the work himself. (read: mad @#$!)

Post #26

The only factory sigma turbo's released in australia (believe it or not, there were jap spec sigmas 2.0l EFI turbo) were the GH turbo's.

They were a 2.0l astron motor with a T3 Air research (garret) turbo in a blow through carby setup using an old stromberg carby.

Sigmas come out in 1.6l, 2.0l and 2.6.

Many people use 2.6l engines as they went alot better than the standard 2.0l.

The combination of a 2.6l engine, some magna MPI EFI and a decent T3/T4 turbo is easily a low 13 second, 12 second car.

51KMA, is not longer yellow biggrin.gif

Timing chain rattle and oil leaks go hand in hand with owning an astron engine! However most of the time, its the balance shaft chain which rattles! i got rid of mine, and voila, no more (well less) rattles.

Dilze05
Post #27

does anyone have pictures of this thing?

i had a skidma wagon 2.6 Astron...

wish i didnt get rid of it now sad.gif

mutlley
Post #28

I am just putting my scorpion back together. Its a 2.6 Astron +0.030, forged pistons, prepped rods, balanced, lots of head work with oversize valves, big cam, T04 turbo, magna fuel injection with evo injectors, haltech computer, intercooler, supra 5 speed. Thats most of the details, just painted the car and hope to have it running in about two months, should go ok i think?

Slipri3_w3n_w3t
Post #29

post pictures of nice ones that you have seen or own. i wanna track this particular one down smile.gif

eighty-eight
Post #30

there was a white turbo sigma for sale on this site last year sometime for 5 grand. it ran 11.5 with the astron 2.0L engine.

sig84
Post #31

QUOTE(q2cme @ Aug 29 2005, 05:00 PM)
came stock with a few different engines turboed....including a gsr model.... they are damn quick to some of them
make for a good sleeper

like my dato should of seen the looks i was getting when you hear the flutter from the sleeper
[right][snapback]5311809[/snapback][/right]

QUOTE(ccpl @ Sep 1 2005, 12:59 PM)
The only factory sigma turbo's released in australia (believe it or not, there were jap spec sigmas 2.0l EFI turbo) were the GH turbo's.

They were a 2.0l astron motor with a T3 Air research (garret) turbo in a blow through carby setup using an old stromberg carby.

Sigmas come out in 1.6l, 2.0l and 2.6.

Many people use 2.6l engines as they went alot better than the standard 2.0l.

The combination of a 2.6l engine, some magna MPI EFI and a decent T3/T4 turbo is easily a low 13 second, 12 second car.

51KMA, is not longer yellow biggrin.gif

Timing chain rattle and oil leaks go hand in hand with owning an astron engine! However most of the time, its the balance shaft chain which rattles! i got rid of mine, and voila, no more (well less) rattles.
[right][snapback]5318919[/snapback][/right]

sumed it up perfectly

australia's first turbo car only 519 made

show some respect ppl they are underated

NVS
Post #32

heres my scorp....still working progress

user posted image

sig84
Post #33

dude thats awesome

are u on sigma-galant.com??

demondash82
Post #34

sigma turbos , scorpions and starions are wicked

im currently doing a vr4 head onto a 2 litre starion block , she should fly , also got a drifta starion in progress , ar/60 garret adapted onto the standard manifold hoping for it to hit willowbank in october . might go take some pics of it tonight and maybe post them up later , if u got sigmas and scorpions why not include starions tongue.gif

`nigno
Post #35

make for a good sleeper

They only came out with one engine turbo from factory 4g52 or some shit... 2Litre Turbo, the other option was a 2.6L Astron engine.

Only 500 of the turbo models ever brought out with a few limited edition Peter Wherret's released with an upgraded handling package as well smile.gif

I really cbf giving more info but they are great little sleepers and go alright for what they are standard smile.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x