• Member No.: 9,902
Post #1 post 20th May 2012 - 12:01 AM
Engine: 5.7L Gen III (LS1).

Exhaust: Twin 3inch cat back.

Suspension: standard.

Wheels: 18" Holden by Design.

Modifications: Just the exhaust.

Stereo Audio / Visual: factory.

Estimated Power: 250Kw (Factory output).

Hey guys.

A few of you may remember me and my gold VL (As seen in the avatar) and how I posted a few months ago saying I was selling it. Still have the old girl (As seen in one of these pics), but I picked up a new toy. A 2004 VZ SS which I got in the week.

$16,500 with 73k on the clock. Was going to get a 6 speed, but since this one was so tidy I couldn't pass it up even if it is an auto. Couldn't be happier with it.

It's a bit different than the 26 year old VL that's for sure. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by Ryan86: May 20 2012, 12:02 AM
2004 Holden Commodore Vz Ss

--------------------

Comments

• Boost Network 13
  • Devilish-VY
    Post #2

Looks sweet man...I don't like the HBD wheels though, whats future plans for it?, I"ve got a VY so I know the comfort improvements on the old models...bet you feel more comfy in the VZ compared to the old VL.

Ryan86
    Post #3

Well I was going to lower it, but I don't want the hassle again like with the VL. I hated going over speed bumps and whatnot worrying about scraping . Just a pain IMO. So I'll leave as is.

I put the exhaust on the day I picked it up, but other than that I'm not sure. Perhaps a Mafless tune and air intake later on down the track. smile.gif

Devilish-VY
    Post #4

This must have been one of the first VZ's to roll off the production lines, late december build date I'm guessing?

Take off the mud flaps...unless you drive dirt roads often.

What kind of interior did it come with?, cloth or leather?, the leather tends to be a bit cheap feeling in commodores.

I like it mate good upgrade thumbsup.gif

Ryan86
    Post #5

On the compliance plate it says September 04. So it's one of the very first and last of the LS1s. Was thinking of taking the mudflaps off, but I kinda like them.

Interior is cloth too btw. thumbsup.gif

Devilish-VY
    Post #6

QUOTE (Ryan86 @ May 20 2012, 07:35 PM) *
    On the compliance plate it says September 04. So it's one of the very first and last of the LS1s. Was thinking of taking the mudflaps off, but I kinda like them.

Interior is cloth too btw. thumbsup.gif

Yeah the muddy's look alright on the white...can't really even notice it I just spotted em after a close look at it, cloth ftw thumbsup.gif I love my S seats, some people tell me to upgrade to leather but unless I get coulsons with custom leather that's not gonna happen.

TwinCam16
    Post #7

Looks clean as a whistle.

My condolences on being in NSW however.

vy57ss
    Post #8

Check out oztrack tuning if your rural and want a quality mafless tune, was more than happy with the power gain and economy improvements in mine.

jamesjgts25t
    Post #9

Nice car. The white looks good and the price sounds good too.

Draven
    Post #10

Nice Ryan... Very tidy!!!

Draven
    Post #11

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ May 20 2012, 08:11 PM) *
    Looks clean as a whistle.

My condolences on being in NSW however.

Maybe in NSW but im willing to be he wont be like 90% of the tossers here and put stupid fucking chromies on it!!!

Devilish-VY
    Post #12

QUOTE (Draven @ May 21 2012, 01:15 AM) *
    Maybe in NSW but im willing to be he wont be like 90% of the tossers here and put stupid fucking chromies on it!!!

dunno.gif Can't say I"ve seen many with chromies....only 1...it's that hideous VT with the 16's lol...what an abortion that thing is, chrome wheels are bad full stop.

This car is good full stop. *nods in agreement*...."yep...speaks only in truths".

Ryan86
    Post #13

QUOTE (Draven @ May 21 2012, 12:15 AM) *
    Maybe in NSW but im willing to be he wont be like 90% of the tossers here and put stupid donking chromies on it!!!

As you know Greg with the VL I only like the factory Holden wheels. The only non-factory wheels I really like are Simmons.

When I bought the car I had the choice of these wheels or the standard VZ SS ones. I chose these because I haven't seen too many around. smile.gif

No dinner plates, Chev badges etc or any of that shit on this. I'm going to keep it looking as factory as possible.

andyb749
    Post #14

looks great, must be nearly the last commo that hasnt been molested by chev badges and modified stupidly. good job on finding it

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x