Post #1 post 16th May 2012 - 06:29 PM
Engine: 5.7ltr gen3 v8

Exhaust: stock

Suspension: king springs slfront ssl rear

Wheels: 18inch holden by design wheels

Modifications: none

Stereo Audio / Visual: fusion cd player stock speakers

Estimated Power: not enuff

well heres my jigger its a 03 vy ss holden by design has full leather and all the fruit that comes with a ss has good power from the gen3 but looking into a cam and exhaust package at some stage gunna keep the outside stock maybe a lil lower and blacker tint, also i have a calais rear boot lip to be fitted and remove wing, anyways hope yas like it let me no what ya think

also any ideas on gerarbox mods to hold up to a cammed engine?
2003 Holden Commodore Ss/holden By Design

Comments

• Boost Network 9
  • alex338
    Post #2

looks in good condition! even though its a colour thats been done to death, still looks good in person! good luck with it

Stephen92
    Post #3

Looks really nice man. Even better that there's no chev badges thumbsup.gif

socal
    Post #4

Holy shit, a Commodore engine bay that isn't butchered! Looks very clean though, please keep it that way smile.gif

53XXN_ST80
    Post #5

Just make sure you get a convertor when you do the cam.

I got otr intake, mafless tune, cam, springs ect ect and left the auto standard.

Lasted all of 5000ks before it let go sad.gif

I just spent $3500 on a fully built auto with 3000 hi stall convertot and upgraded oil cooler. It's a great box, but i wish i had of spent the extra $$ n got a convertor when i first cammed my car.

Ot: usually dont like hothouse green, as said above it has been done so many times. But with the holden alloys n nice tint it looks great!

th0m0_202
    Post #6

QUOTE (Stephen92 @ May 17 2012, 01:12 PM) *
    Looks really nice man. Even better that there's no chev badges thumbsup.gif

dat dere truth. would look awesome on some enkei rpf1's or bbs lm's. nice daily tho

vy57ss
    Post #7

Always loved those wheels on the vy/z shape looks clean and simple. Just start with some decent 4 into 1 extractors, twin 2.5 or twin 3 inch with high flow cats etc depending on how aggressive you plan on going with the cam, than 3.7 diff gears, mafless tuned with otr. Gives you a good base and will be noticeably quicker and better on fuel. Than do the cam/converter last, maybe get a larger gearbox oil pan and cooler to make it last aslong as possible, will all depend on how you drive it. Looks immaculate though good work

Draven
    Post #8

QUOTE (socal @ May 17 2012, 03:13 PM) *
    Holy shit, a Commodore engine bay that isn't butchered! Looks very clean though, please keep it that way smile.gif

Dont you mean a whole Commodore that isnt butchered lol

Nice and tidy thumbsup.gif

gutless
    Post #9

So what you're saying is you won't be keeping the outside stock?

Devilish-VY
    Post #10

Looks sweet mate, love the leather option thumbsup.gif , not a bad colour I don't know why the other bloke said it's been done to death...they were only release on the VY sports models S/SS/Clubsport, maybe get some new wheels, I agree with you about lowering it, just a tad though nothing crazy. good to see another clean VY mate!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x