2003 Holden Commodore SS - NSW: Regional  

andykc_7
  • andykc_7
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 165,971
Post #1 post 28th August 2013 - 09:11 PM
Hi guys, just thought id throw up my 2003 VY SS. I bought this car bit over 1year ago, ive always wanted this model ss so as soon as i got my fulls i went in search. I bought it stock standard and have just added a few little mods to make it just how ive always wanted it.

Ive added:
20 " versus endoro rims
Twin 2 1/2 inch exhaust straight through
High flow cats
Extractors
Lowered on superlow king springs

I havnt got too many more ideas for it just yet, if i was going to throw more cash at it would be for some more power, if anyone has any ideas give me a shout

2003 Holden Commodore Ss
2003 Holden Commodore Ss
2003 Holden Commodore Ss
2003 Holden Commodore Ss
2003 Holden Commodore Ss
2003 Holden Commodore Ss
2003 Holden Commodore Ss
2003 Holden Commodore Ss
2003 Holden Commodore Ss
2003 Holden Commodore Ss
2003 Holden Commodore Ss

--------------------
"Theres nothing like the smell of rubber burning as the smoke clears before the sound of sirens break ur heart!!!, SH#! not again!!!"

MY CARS

1. 2001 Subaru Liberty RX 2.5

PREVIOUS CARS

1. 1993 honda civic......SXC-51V aka(sxc civ)
  2. 1993 n14 pulsar SSS.......NVD-555 aka(envied sss)
  3. 1998 Holden commodore
  4. 1991 Toyota Camry

Comments

• Boost Network 25
  • Draven
    Post #2

Very tidy. Great choice of rims!!! thumbsup.gif

Dai.
    Post #3

Clean. Looks like every other commodore though.

crpstra
    Post #4

First things first, Dai is correct, It looks like every other commodore out there and given the interior is the cloth trim poverty pack doesn't help much either.

Throw some money at your driver's seat and fix up the hole in the side bolster first. If you want more poke and some nice sound start looking at cam packages, A mild one will net you some extra poke with a nice sound.

You could go further and do your heads and intake manifold along with the cam and get some serious numbers with a tune but then you will need to start looking at things like the clutch and diff because the stock items wont be up to the job for long.

The size of your disposable income dictates how far you can go with this.

Your other option is forced induction ! Great sound great numbers but again depending how far you go the rest of the drive line will need some attention.

Draven
    Post #5

I'm not t sure if this model SS had an other option but cloth trim dunno.gif

crpstra
    Post #6

QUOTE (Draven @ Aug 28 2013, 10:04 PM) *

Neither do I , But its still only cloth trim which is what I was getting at.

Draven
    Post #7

I guess the point i was making that having cloth trim doesn't make it a poverty pack, unlike these days where you have the SS and the SSV huh.gif

crpstra
    Post #8

QUOTE (Draven @ Aug 28 2013, 10:11 PM) *
    I guess the point i was making that having cloth trim doesn't make it a poverty pack, unlike these days where you have the SS and the SSV huh.gif

True, I may been wrong but the first SSV I laid eyes on was in the VZ range. Nearly purchased the bloody thing to.

Draven
    Post #9

Fair enough, i wasnt sure myself...

mark1414
    Post #10

Gotta admit these look pretty good and seemed to be good bang for your buck. Couldn't bring myself to buy one with the cost of v8 rego and fuel these days sad.gif

rmx250
    Post #11

Maybe cost of fuel but going by the plates he's in NSW no different cost between rego on this and rego on a 4 cyl sedan unless things have changed in the last few years.Not a bad looking commodore.

mark1414
    Post #12

Wouldnt have a clue about NSW rego prices, was just speaking personally. Wish it was like that in Qld.

crpstra
    Post #13

QUOTE (Draven @ Aug 28 2013, 10:54 PM) *
    Fair enough, i wasnt sure myself...

According to wiki the SV8 appeared in the VY range the SSZ VZ range of course and the SSV seems to be a VE thing.

You had the SV6 in the VZ range to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Holde...icles_by_series

SSZ looked a lot like this one, Just with less dint's like I said I nearly purchased it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-COMMODOR...4-/140988086945

Shuffs
    Post #14

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Aug 29 2013, 01:12 AM) *
    Wouldnt have a clue about NSW rego prices, was just speaking personally. Wish it was like that in Qld.

Registration prices,aren't too bad,the killer in NSW is the compulsory green slip.We have the highest in Australia,
    I read somewhere that it's twice the amount (for the same vehicle) as Victoria.
    Back OT,I like it

thumbsup.gif It's not an ex Police vehicle is it?That seat damage is typical of Highway Patrol vehicles
    and it's caused by their side arms.You won't find much other evidence,as the aerials are mounted to the light bar,or
    a bracket hung from a boot or guard bolt.

ant_hony
    Post #15

Cold air Inditcion and change diff Gears. You won't wanna do anything else

QUOTE (ant_hony @ Aug 29 2013, 06:43 AM) *
    Cold air Induction and change diff Gears. You won't wanna do anything else

Draven
    Post #16

QUOTE (crpstra @ Aug 29 2013, 01:39 AM) *
    According to wiki the SV8 appeared in the VY range the SSZ VZ range of course and the SSV seems to be a VE thing.

You had the SV6 in the VZ range to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Holde...icles_by_series

SSZ looked a lot like this one, Just with less dint's like I said I nearly purchased it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-COMMODOR...4-/140988086945

Well there you go thumbsup.gif

mark1414
    Post #17

QUOTE (Shuffs @ Aug 29 2013, 06:38 AM) *
    Registration prices,aren't too bad,the killer in NSW is the compulsory green slip.We have the highest in Australia,
    I read somewhere that it's twice the amount (for the same vehicle) as Victoria.
    Back OT,I like it

thumbsup.gif It's not an ex Police vehicle is it?That seat damage is typical of Highway Patrol vehicles
    and it's caused by their side arms.You won't find much other evidence,as the aerials are mounted to the light bar,or
    a bracket hung from a boot or guard bolt.

Fair enough.

Also I have never seen a manual HP car.

Shuffs
    Post #18

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Aug 29 2013, 02:45 PM) *
    Also I have never seen a manual HP car.

I must admit I was thinking that too,but maybe 10 years ago,they might have dunno.gif

andykc_7
    Post #19

Thanks for comments guys, its defo not an ex cop car, as for the seats, i didnt see any vys with leather in my searches not that it would have mattered to me, all i use my seats for is my ass lol some good ideas i lm thinking i might go with cold air intake, any suggestions on brands?

luke_beau
    Post #20

QUOTE (Draven @ Aug 28 2013, 11:04 PM) *

I have same model. purple 03 vy ss with purple leather trim

vy57ss
    Post #21

Plenty of them with leather interior, but it doesn't age well when not looked after.

Factory clutches in these arnt great, otr and mafless tune will give you a noticeable gain and best of all a good improvement in fuel economy, mine went from 14-15 around town to high 10-11L/100km and around 9L/100km on the highway.

4.11 diff gears would be a great mod aswell. Than can still use these mods if you decide to put a cam in later

PROXENETA
    Post #22

QUOTE (Dai. @ Aug 28 2013, 10:16 PM) *
    Clean. Looks like every other commodore though.

Guess he should paint it pink and fit an aftermarket bodykit with chrome rims then.

Catapult
    Post #23

I've got red leather in mine but that's a ute. All I can say is get ready to spend up on fuel if you start tinkering more that what you already have, mine goes through 19.80/100kms!

vy57ss
    Post #24

Depends on how you drive, heavy traffic/highway etc and the tune. What's done to yours?

Catapult
    Post #25

Im a mix of tame and making lots of noise, I've got a cam, otr intake, tune, extractors, twin 3", worked auto, shift kit and another few little bits and pieces but nothing insane

andyb749
    Post #26

ive got a ss mine has cloth interior but i wanted that as leather holds heat & can age bad, my ss has intake, exhaust, big cam not the usual aftermarket one, mafless tune & couple other mods but sits around 14l to 100 around town, bit less on highway & is manaul as well if this helps, as for power 400rw

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x