• Standard User
  • Member No.: 155,078
Post #1 post 27th April 2012 - 04:14 AM
Engine: Ecotec 3.8L

Exhaust: Standard

Suspension: Standard

Wheels: Standard

Modifications: None at the moment

Stereo Audio / Visual: Decent speakers all round cheap head unit and DVD head rest monitors for the kids

Estimated Power: Not alot

Future Mods: Most of these depend on if i can convince the other half to let me do it to what is going to be our daily. But on my list are Built 1JZGTE R154 and all supporting gear for a bit more poke but really should leave that for the time attack car. Tint, Wheels, Lowering, Heavy duty and Adjustable sway Bars, Air Bags in rear (not for going low but for load bearing as this is my tow car).

So this is now my second wagon i have bought as my first one had a firey firey death due to a large gearbox issue. I have a partner and daughter and am expecting our second so was bought with the intention of being a cheap fixer upper a few miner mods to make things more comfortable and a little more respectable. I have included 2 pics of my first wagon to show the mess it beacme. I have also included a pic of the wheels I am getting for it.

Unlike most people I am open to feed back both negative and positive as yes I own yet another VS commodore. So feel free to let me no what you think and mainly what you think about the wheels. They are a staggered fitment of 8.5 front and 10 on the rear with a little guard massage carried out.
1996 Holden Commodore Wagon

Comments

• Boost Network 0
  • gutless
    Post #2

I would keep it as a daily, but im not you so good luck with whatever you get up to with it smile.gif

VRCALAIS .
    Post #3

have you been FLAMED on other forums before???lol

untamed ss
    Post #4

QUOTE (VRCALAIS . @ Apr 27 2012, 10:41 PM) *
    have you been FLAMED on other forums before???lol

Hahaha I see what you did there.. smile.gif

Gutless: I will more than likely leave it as a daily but gets tempting having a half built motor and the knowledge to do the conversion..

SILGEM
    Post #5

put the 1j in. no reason you can't use it as a daily with a little more poke.
    If I could be in your position (cant due to line of work) I would build something very similar!

Stephen92
    Post #6

put the 1j in man. If i had the knowledge you had id deffs do it biggrin.gif

sr_silvia
    Post #7

Wish I just had a casual 1j in my shed lol. If you were to do the conversion what sort of gearbox would you be looking at using? Definitely surprise a few people

mark1414
    Post #8

QUOTE (sr_silvia @ Apr 28 2012, 11:51 AM) *
    Wish I just had a casual 1j in my shed lol. If you were to do the conversion what sort of gearbox would you be looking at using? Definitely surprise a few people

He clearly says R154 right next to 1JZ.

untamed ss
    Post #9

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Apr 28 2012, 12:57 PM) *
    He clearly says R154 right next to 1JZ.

Yeah would definately be R154. If i dont end up putting it in the wagon its going into a 5 series BMW. biggrin.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x