1985 Holden Commodore VK  

Set
  • Set
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 214,509
Post #1 post 26th January 2012 - 10:10 PM
Engine: Black 202, straight 6 power bro, does sick one leggers man etc etc..

Exhaust: 3" of supreme, king size thick piping, the exhaust note of the 202 is sure to make the Northside girls wet.

Suspension: Cut springs cousin, it hits some sick lines going around the corner when it doesn't bottom out aye.

Wheels: 17" Akuza's.

Modifications: Rust holes put in to lose some weight around the windscreens, half-assed paint job to add to the feel of pure power.

Stereo Audio / Visual: The aerial broke when we were trying to hit 150 down the straight, was fuckin' devastated.

Estimated Power: Enough to go the excel next to me at the lights, wanna go carn?

Alright this is my first car, just going to be something that I will use through my P's and learn with, sadly it doesn't come with Chev badges or unit stickers. I picked it up for $900 and with a strong motor and a solid gear box, was a steal. (Not literally, it had fuck all fuel when I picked it up) I was tempted to get more photos but seeing that the sky has decided to once again release a fury of fuck off rain I'll spend the rest of my day in doors watching the cricket.

The plans for it so far is to get it road worthy.. Which is usually a good start to any car. laugh.gif There's a few rust holes around the windshields typically, some rust along the skirts and the boot also has a fair bit of surface rust. The boot lid recieved a light peck from a hilux apparantly and I really don't want to spend my time piss farting around with it so I'm going to scrap it and start searching the local wreckers. Noisy water pump, a couple small dings around the body and the temperature guage doesn't work! The previous owner thought it would be radical to cut the springs. ugh.gif So I'll be removing them also. After that, a fresh set of tires and I'm ready to go.

How I made the money for such a graceful creature? Casual work at Woolies after school and on the weekend, living the dream.
I'm actually genuinly stoked, I've finally been able to get myself a car and I can work on it and learn how to be a hectic boost mechanic like all the cool P platers and their flat caps. Peace!

This post has been edited by Set: Jan 26 2012, 10:14 PM
1985 Holden Commodore Vk

Comments

• Boost Network 12
  • sdf4lyfe
    Post #2

If u want road worthy tyres I have a set of commo stocks pm me

176OES
    Post #3

Love the write-up smile.gif

Good luck with it

1%ER
    Post #4

Haha fenny kent!!

I like it

nellyb
    Post #5

Haha best write up in ages.
    Good luck with it man.

Jordad
    Post #6

I like your write up.

I don't like your car yet, it would look better with none of the same rims on it.

GL with it.

ride29er
    Post #7

good on ya for saving up and buying your own car, and the best thing about VK's is that if you lose your keys, almost any solid object will open the doors and start the car,

gutless
    Post #8

QUOTE (176OES @ Jan 27 2012, 04:39 PM) *
    Love the write-up smile.gif

Good luck with it

smile.gif

vy57ss
    Post #9

Vks are definatly the best shape of that era, going to be pushing shit up the steepest hill you know of if its got as much rust in it as you say to get a rwc, hope it works out though big thumbs up for saving up n getting it, have seen a lot of p plarers recently getting round in clean early girls its great to see

Old Style
    Post #10

I hope you are aiming to be our future PM. Someone < 20 that can string a sentence together (and rather well I may add) AND understands the power of sarcasm (in moderation).

Youngsters, behold.....

PS car looks OK. Dont throw too much $$ at it.

VL87DB
    Post #11

QUOTE (Set @ Jan 27 2012, 04:10 PM) *
    How I made the money for such a graceful creature? Casual work at Woolies after school and on the weekend, living the dream.

What woolies you work at? Woolies is for the sickest of c*unts, that's how ive been payin for the Val the last 6 months thumbsup.gif

Get some more pics up.

Goes_over_everything
    Post #12

Hahahaha funniest write up ever.

Should be a good first car just don't boganise it to much

ryanVTV6
    Post #13

lol, Good post smile.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x