• sdf4lyfe
  • Budding User
  • Member No.: 206,072
Post #1 post 22nd January 2012 - 06:00 PM
Engine: 202 black

Exhaust: geinie exstractors no cat straight through pipe 1 muffler box

Suspension: pedders sports rider pedders shockies new bushes

Wheels: 16 inch commodore wheels not sure what model there off

Modifications: rings, bearings, flat top pistons , tuff cam, roller style rockers, ported intake manifold, ported head, polished rocker cover,
350 2 barrel holley, crome air cleaner, holly exsternal fuel pump , holly fuel regulator, guages, top gun 10mm leads
full exhaust, 3:29 diff gears, stage 2 shift kit, i also have but not yet installed an SC14 supercharger kit with twin side draft carbs

Stereo Audio / Visual: jvc 6/9 inch speakers kicker splits up front and pioneer head deck nothin fancy but plays the music

Estimated Power: not to sure but would love to kno wat it puts out as it goes well hsdance.gif

only got this three days ago but have done heaps to it since thensuch as the wheels black strips full detail as it was messy as fuck power steer rack and ends
grille was changed and i also replaced the radiator hoses, oil, plugs, holley as the old one was a 600cfm 4 barrel was to big
but let me kno what you think im fetting the wiring in the engine bay hidden away next week
all positive and negitive feed back welcome i am a p plater to so have fun and enjoy.
1985 Holden Commodore Worked Vk

Comments

• Boost Network 25
  • sdf4lyfe
    Post #2

pics with stocks on was the day i got it

UNR8D
    Post #3

dash says berlina, but manual window winders suggest sl? I guess by now most vb-vl's are bitza's.

black strips make it look cheap, just respray your front/rear bars, replace missing garnishes by visiting wreckers, VK Letterbox Grill (properly lower it) and a set of 18s when you can afford it would look sweet.

Also from wreckers, obtain VK Calais interior, those door trims are horrid. :S

I usually hate commodores but I had a VK when I was 15-17 so I kind of have a soft spot for them.

Im not hijacking your thread but this is how mine ended up after a couple of months, (also a VK berlina)

*yes I am aware its a shit pic, but you get that when your 15 with no experience :*

220stroker
    Post #4

A mate had a vk Calais and it had wind up windows and it was factory nice vk

Dai.
    Post #5

Not bad,would look better with a simple set of rims and maybe lower.

Did you end up selling your turbo excel?

UNR8D
    Post #6

QUOTE (220stroker @ Jan 22 2012, 06:28 PM) *
    A mate had a vk Calais and it had wind up windows and it was factory nice vk

All Calais had electronic windows, berlina's I do believe were an option however most were.

Electric windows had been standard in SLE previously all the way from VB, VK just had the name change to Calais, they also had the full digital dash (that rarely worked)

sdf4lyfe
    Post #7

QUOTE (UNR8D @ Jan 22 2012, 06:21 PM) *
    dash says berlina, but manual window winders suggest sl? I guess by now most vb-vl's are bitza's.

black strips make it look cheap, just respray your front/rear bars, replace missing garnishes by visiting wreckers, VK Letterbox Grill (properly lower it) and a set of 18s when you can afford it would look sweet.

Also from wreckers, obtain VK Calais interior, those door trims are horrid. :S

I usually hate commodores but I had a VK when I was 15-17 so I kind of have a soft spot for them.

Im not hijacking your thread but this is how mine ended up after a couple of months, (also a VK berlina)

*yes I am aware its a shit pic, but you get that when your 15 with no experience :*

it is properly lowerd it has pedders suspension under it lowerd springs and short kyb shockies

sdf4lyfe
    Post #8

QUOTE (Dai. @ Jan 22 2012, 06:31 PM) *
    Not bad,would look better with a simple set of rims and maybe lower.

Did you end up selling your turbo excel?

yea mate on pplates it had to go but was a fun little machine

sdf4lyfe
    Post #9

QUOTE (UNR8D @ Jan 22 2012, 06:42 PM) *
    All Calais had electronic windows, berlina's I do believe were an option however most were.

Electric windows had been standard in SLE previously all the way from VB, VK just had the name change to Calais, they also had the full digital dash (that rarely worked)

yea the electrics were an optional extra

andyb749
    Post #10

work in ptogress dont look to bad, atleast ur trying

sdf4lyfe
    Post #11

only started on it so far so good

pvk308
    Post #12

I remember seeing this for sale and thought it would be great for parts i have the v8 version berlina in exactly the same colour and style finish with the grey interior. Im not a fan of the tailights and the black around the bumpers not my thing either but each to there own. Are they 16 in pursuit rims hould clean up well mate good luck

sdf4lyfe
    Post #13

No I put the 16inch alloys on stocks are up for sale

666 FC
    Post #14

That's one sick eagleby commo bra

sdf4lyfe
    Post #15

How did u know

666 FC
    Post #16

Seen it the other day in some units

gutless
    Post #17

Not usually a VK fan but this is a cool little project, good luck with it smile.gif

Snap-on
    Post #18

clean up a few things and its cool smile.gif

sdf4lyfe
    Post #19

Yea in progress of cleaning it up hiding the wires in the bay new holley chrome one put the blower on and strongbergs on got everything except the holley

1%ER
    Post #20

I wouldn't drive/own it but if it make you smile then go for it.

I don't like the black strips.. Looked better before IMO.
    & the stockies look 100% better then the Alloys!!

Draven
    Post #21

Nice old VK, id remove the gauges from the bonnet though... Since someone posted there old one i thought id post my old VK Calais should never have sold it sad.gif

666 FC
    Post #22

QUOTE (Draven @ Jan 23 2012, 08:01 AM) *
    Nice old VK, id remove the gauges from the bonnet though... Since someone posted there old one i thought id post my old VK Calais should never have sold it sad.gif

Super clean mate and yes you should of never sold it mamoru.gif

sdf4lyfe
    Post #23

QUOTE (Draven @ Jan 23 2012, 08:01 AM) *

i want those calais bumpes and grille

MR_JORDZ
    Post #24

Clean I like it

sdf4lyfe
    Post #25

cheers mate

SUB81
    Post #26

seems legit, says Mr troll

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x