1984 Toyota Corolla AE71  

PULsZILLA
  • PULsZILLA
  • BOOSTED FOR LIFE *IRB20*
  • Member No.: 74,387
Post #1 post 8th October 2011 - 05:15 AM
Engine: 4agte

new pics uploaded .....turbo conversion neally complete ....hydro is in .....filter relocation kit .....new rocker covers ....different catch can and breather setup ... new exhaust(again) new turbo/manifold/cooler (thanx 999) , battery now in boot too ... strut brace on ...and ams coilovers in the rear for a lil bit

Exhaust: 2 1/2 inch straight thru to cannon(have twin pipes for track)

Suspension: koni adjustable shox in rear with falcon springs / ae86 font coilovers with ae86 lca's and knuckles

Wheels: 15x8 0+ offset rota grid classic with stretched 185/45's

Modifications: Hours upon hours upon hours of work .....too much to list but ill give it a go

okay ..... so i bort this thing as a stock car about 4 months ago ... since then i put a new locked diff in and rebuilt the entire brake system front to back, put all the suspension in and front lca's etc(soon to be running s13 coils in rear) ,added swaybars, still looking for an adjustable ajps panhardbar if anyone has one then took the old tired 4ac out and added a 4age out of an ae92 crossed with bits off an mr2 + my stock 4ac box and all my stock mounts a set of tuned length extractors from trd... then had to source a hole heap of bits as the package i paid good money for was missing them , got it all in the car and it wouldnt run properly , after 2 different looms and 3 ecu's it now runs sweet as , Im running a razorback panther ecu with hand controller and 3 bar map sensor , fully programable and tunable it seems to work pretty well , and sam from razorback has done a hell of a lot of work trying to remidy all the gremlins from the conversion ....he did an awsome job as its running perfect now .
Engine is a 16v bigport topend mated with built smallport bottom end and ae92 intake thats been polished and cut and shut to make rwd.
I modified cooling system to run rwd as the bottom end was out of an mr2.
A scored a Beams alternator off a lexus thanks to lil sammy futcher(thanks sam)
new gates belts every where
Also added a nice fuel surge tank in the boot with bosche vl pump and holley red lift pump and easy to get to efi filters, speedflow fittings used off surge tank, made up a custom tow hook for the front , got 3 old school greddy mem recal gauges that im making a custom pod for that will set them on the dash

Soooooo after we got it running , or should i say while i was doing the conversion , i got impatient and dicided id do the paint at the same time , as a few of u may know....i was a bit slack in this department and it was in primer for ages....well till the boys in blue caught sight of me one day and decided to have words to me .... i decided it was time to stop it from looking like a pig and threw on some white...

i also pumped all 4 gaurds .rears were completley fucked from the previos owners attemps but i fixed em and pumped them...to allow the offset and stance .....i did not want any scrubbing ....

i then added a nice oil cooler and braided lines all with speed flow fittings , catch can with fittings welded to into rocker covers all braided lines and speed flow fittings used here as well.

Off to racer again and again for more fittings ....got there in the end but ....
While i was at racer i couldnt resist buying one of there alloy hydro handbrakes and tilton brake bias controller , im currently in the process of fitting these items but had to make a braket and weld it in to the car so had to remove all the carpet and seats etc . itll all be back in soon

I bourght 2 Brand new kevlar/carbon backed red bride low max seats and fitted them to the factory toyota rails , the seats sit exactly where i need them .

i then got a nice deep dish blue suede steerer and hubspacer with quick release for it but took the quik release off cause it sat the wheel in my face!!
fitted ve clubsport pedal covers and floor mats.... haters love the hsv embroidery...
added a carbon fibre switch panel and battery cut off switch.
willans harness for the driver ,

ok so i drove it up to t section and was not happy with power so i went and got a turbo kit for it which im in the process of bolting up .... im using a stock high flowed rb20 turbo and a low mount steampipe manifold .... the motor was built to be na so iv added athicker head gasket to drop the comp and going to be running a maximum of 8 psi once tuned ..... but it should be good for around the 200hp mark ....i hope ....
......FARK!!!!!-more dramas...the manifold pictured is for a 20v fwd motor.....i could cut and shut it but ima hunt for a high mount setup instead, im told rolin do one for around 300 so im gonna get on that asap cause now its off the road again till i get one ...i aint going na again!!!

ill link my previous build threds here so u can seeeeeeeeeeee, think theres a few pics in there somewhere from when i got it ....pics iv uploaded here are all PRETY SHIT , and iv done heaps more since ... but couldnt be effed taking more pics till ive finnished it ...
boots heaps cleaner now as iv reprayed in there now too ..... still heaps more to do ....

Stereo Audio / Visual: sony ...i think

OH IF ANYONES WONDERING IF ITS FOR SALE , iD SWAP IT FOR AN S15 OR FUCK OFF HOT R32 ONLY ......AS IT OWES MY MORE THEN BOTH OF THEM WOULD BE WORTH...

HOPE U LIKIES

Estimated Power:
200hp

pictures arnt in any order

This post has been edited by PULsZILLA: Nov 11 2011, 04:15 AM
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71
1984 Toyota Corolla Ae71

--------------------
Current ride: wrx and ae71/ke70 drift car
Past Rides :Way too many too list (have a problem)

Comments

• Boost Network 27
  • NTG78
    Post #2

nice rolla ... good to see the running problems all sorted out now

Bevsta
    Post #3

Nice car bud

MR_JORDZ
    Post #4

Really liking this rolla!

must be one of the best looking one around smile.gif

xr666
    Post #5

cool rolla good you persisted with the conversion even after the problems been there haha

VTR
    Post #6

OP'car:

ITS2EZ
    Post #7

fuck yes

nferno
    Post #8

Most informative members ride ever!

Looks great!

phatpat94
    Post #9

Fucking amazing corolla man.
    Got a ke70 myself and my finished product is hopefully going to look the same as yours.
    How much did the 4agte cost?

PULsZILLA
    Post #10

thanks guys . theres so much more that i havnt written in . so many hours of fucking around and doing things 3 and 4 times , i got the engine package as a NA package and wasnt happy with the power it made , it still went hard as its a built motor but ive owned and skidded boosted cars my whole life and the jump to All motor , i just couldnt get my head around , especially trying to skid it with the 15's , loves grip and is a monster on the touge ....but without the assistance of boost and the lack of nuts to throw it like it probably should be thrown i was having trouble .....but with boost it should be epic ...cant wait and will keep u all posted

Boostn32GTR
    Post #11

Nice work mark.. Come Along way.

turbo x-trail
    Post #12

build thread of the year contender.

Jerryme
    Post #13

Great to see your determination. End result shows smile.gif

ice_leroy
    Post #14

fuck yeah this deserves at least 6 thumbs up!

legen-

wait for it...

-dary!

Mason.
    Post #15

seriously...... an S15. Ill give you a Fishtank.

Kidding, Good work.

boost_zilla
    Post #16

dimensions on said fishtank???

PULsZILLA
    Post #17

havnt got any cash to put towards a fishtank man ...otherwise i would for shore ... does it skid?

Mason.
    Post #18

Its only a little bowl fish tank. May have a crack or two. Its seems to be leaking, but im really not sure whats wrong with it. (not much easy fix) Willing to seperate the deceased fish, if you dont require them.

Anywho, enough of being a dickweed, Thoughts on putting a cage in it? Also with the seats, being carbon firbre. Any worrys about them giving way/snapping in a crash?

PULsZILLA
    Post #19

QUOTE (Mason. @ Oct 9 2011, 11:44 PM) *
    Its only a little bowl fish tank. May have a crack or two. Its seems to be leaking, but im really not sure whats wrong with it. (not much easy fix) Willing to seperate the deceased fish, if you dont require them.

Anywho, enough of being a dickweed, Thoughts on putting a cage in it? Also with the seats, being carbon firbre. Any worrys about them giving way/snapping in a crash?

i guess they could , probably a lot stronger then a stock seat but ...yes cage soon........getting andrew from fab 81 to make up a bolt in item soon..

clutch-it
    Post #20

so clean so nice awesome work mate looks nice would go hard and looks so clean !!!!

benji_xrt
    Post #21

Awesome mate, you've put in a lot of work! Love seeing that.

PULsZILLA
    Post #22

QUOTE (benji_xrt @ Oct 10 2011, 02:32 PM) *
    Awesome mate, you've put in a lot of work! Love seeing that.

thanx mate ....its my lil baby ......its name is pebbles

jarrod.1
    Post #23

god that AE has come a long way since my mate had it. Was basically a bucket of shit when he had it n now its unreal man. props that is awesome

wes0666
    Post #24

nice rolla mate well done, good to see it hasn't got a sr or ca

Slysilvia
    Post #25

Gotta give it to you man, That is awesome and in time it will become better ( if you do so )

best I've ever seen.

PULsZILLA
    Post #26

thanx heaps mate

Done heaps since this went up.....

i have now bit the bullet ... the manifold /turbo / and cooler have all gone in the bin cause it was too much fucking around to get it all plumbed to work ...also that manifold was for a 20v.....i drilled it to fit a 16v then realised it was for a fwd engine ....now have a kls 28/60 and a new high mount manifold ... and a kls front mount .... pics up soon

PULsZILLA
    Post #27

new pics uploaded

Gilly91
    Post #28

lOOKS HEAPS GOOD MAN smile.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x