2005 Ford Falcon BF XR6  

TommySense
  • TommySense
  • Site Newbie
  • Member No.: 231,638
Post #1 post 22nd September 2011 - 04:06 AM
Engine/Transmission: completely stock 195kw (on paper) 4.0L DOHC 6 Cylinder on a 6 speed automatic

Running Gear: 2.73:1 diff, really want a 3.55:1. fuck lock diffs

[b]Exhaust:unfortunately also stock, will be installing stainless extractors with a 2.5" straight through with a high flow cat on.

Suspension:Lowered on pedder sports ryder springs (lowest legal)

Stereo Audio / Visual: premium system (factory)

Estimated Power: 195 on paper

just pulled this baby off the wovr, minor damage, got it up and running, owe's me 12K, runs a dream, however i duno where to go after exhaust is done and speakers upgraded other then flash tunes? so i'm told anyway.
2005 Ford Falcon Bf Xr6
2005 Ford Falcon Bf Xr6
2005 Ford Falcon Bf Xr6

Comments

• Boost Network 13
  • ajaay.
    Post #2

Looks cute,
    I love Falcons.

1200datto
    Post #3

You paid too much, can get these alot cheaper than 12k, without any work needed... and you didn't even get it in a manual - u'll soon regret that if you haven't already realised it.

ajaay.
    Post #4

^ i thought 12 was a bit pricey i'm selling my 2003 low k's for 8 grand ha ha

KammdUP
    Post #5

It's a bf... Good luck finding a bf in bionic for under 12...

baxdoode
    Post #6

engine bay looks terribly naked?!?!?!

250xy
    Post #7

Agreed

250xy
    Post #8

QUOTE (KammdUP @ Sep 22 2011, 11:32 PM) *
    It's a bf... Good luck finding a bf in bionic for under 12...
    Agreed

benji_xrt
    Post #9

Hey man very nice Bf, Bionic is an awesome color.

Some advice, don't change the diff to a much shorter ratio like 3.55:1, the ratio is tall on the 6 speed auto because first gear is already very short, if you change it, it will make the first few gears way too short to use practically, also from what ive heard and read the ZF is a very fussy box, changing the ratio may cause it to play up. None of the turbo boys have changed the diff ratio on these boxes so best left alone.

Why do you want full locked diffs? Just swap out for a Xr6 turbo LSD. Locked diff will be shit for road use.

Good luck with it, you got a good deal for 12k

SiKWiKD
    Post #10

QUOTE (1200datto @ Sep 22 2011, 10:49 PM) *
    You paid too much, can get these alot cheaper than 12k, without any work needed... and you didn't even get it in a manual - u'll soon regret that if you haven't already realised it.

Wovi Car Definatelly paid to much brus but she is clean

TommySense
    Post #11

thanks guys, nah no way would i ever put a locker in it, that's just a dumb idea for a daily drive car.
    i wasn't sure about the gearbox, i've been told they're tempremental things and also very precise so i'll take your advice and leave it alone.

yeah it's a wovr car and i bought it as it was for 8,500 with all mechanical components repaired, i spent 2k on panel work and close to a grand on panels and parts for myself to cheapen the repairs as much as possible, so really it came out well.

considering it only has 109,000 on the odometer i'm stoked, i've gone from a vt commodore to this, so really this is a dream to drive,
    however i loved my commodore

TommySense
    Post #12

and i'd love to run a turbo but unfortunately p plater laws stop me, maybe when i move up again i'll try for a turbo.

Poontoss
    Post #13

Very very nice

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x