• tezlin
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 216,036
Post #1 post 11th April 2011 - 04:56 PM
Engine: 2.0L

Exhaust: Stock

Suspension: Stock

Wheels: 17" KG-5 Black

Modifications: Spoiler, wheels, footwell LED's.

Stereo Audio / Visual: 1x Alpine Headunit, 1x Kenwood 12" sub, 1x JVC 700w amp.

Estimated Power: Wikpedia puts it at 90kw? dunno.gif dunno.gif

I've seen a few Lancer threads on here that have been flamed to hell and back, but go easy on me! I'd prefer suggestions and helpful criticism rather than unhelpful flaming. tongue.gif
There really isn't anything special on the inside, so I figured I'd hold off on that. wink.gif
Engine bay pic coming soon.

Future modifications:

SL or SSL springs, back and front.
Extractors/Aftermarket exhaust system
Another sub
(maybe bodykit)
Two-tone color scheme (i.e. black mirrors, side skirts, spoiler. Not sure if this would have the desired effect though. Might look very tacky?)
A clean engine bay (pics coming soon)
Angel eyes

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Ls

Comments

• Boost Network 25
  • baxdoode
    Post #2

Flaming flaming flaming i love flaming.

Not too bad for a lancer i guess.

datto-gemini-torana
    Post #3

2" - 3" lower nd it'd be sick! smile.gif

Draven
    Post #4

Interior LEDs are as bad as Neons!

Nocturnal
    Post #5

Set a goal for what you want from a car, figure out whether your current car can meet this goal to a satisfactory extent.

If not, don't spend money on this car, save for one that is capable of delivering what you want.

If it were mine I'd just go lower on stock aero.

NO ALTEZZA'S!
    Edit: And ditch the Zupp's registration plate surrounds.

DAL32
    Post #6

QUOTE (Draven @ Apr 11 2011, 05:20 PM) *
    Interior LEDs are as bad as Neons!

In the footwell I reckon they go alright. Just as long as they're only on when the doors are open and they aren't some stupid colour like blue.

That 2 tone sounds like it'll look like unfinished crap, no offense. Especially when it's the aftermarket side skirts you'll put on, and the spoiler and the mirrors. 1980's styling is for the 1980's cars.

Good to see you are thinking about extractors with the full exhaust. That will make it sound better than a catback and cannon.

Then just drop it low, but not like impractically low. I had low's on my Lancer and it was ok...

VTR
    Post #7

Nice four wheel drive daily.

Draven
    Post #8

QUOTE (DAL32 @ Apr 11 2011, 05:33 PM) *
    In the footwell I reckon they go alright. Just as long as they're only on when the doors are open and they aren't some stupid colour like blue.

Probably are blue and operate off a toggle switch...

jbear
    Post #9

should get a 3 inch lift, good car for a P plater man

krazybeatz
    Post #10

nice p plater buddy.lower it,debadge,remove mud flaps,remove number plate surroundings and just keep it plain and simple.

socal
    Post #11

I think the Lancer flaming starts when people see that the OP thinks his / her Lancer is an Evo (or at least tries to make it look / sound like one). Tidy first car, I would spend money on minor mods like lowering it, ditching the rear wing, etc. It will never be a powerhouse, so PLEASE don't try and make it one.

erugby
    Post #12

I wouldn't spend money on it at all. It is a nice and tidy first car. If you love it, look after it and don't waste money on it, then when you get off p's buy a real evo which you will REALLY love.

blayze123
    Post #13

lower
    remove spoiler
    window tint

clean smile.gif

tezlin
    Post #14

Thanks guys.

1) Green LED's, on a switch. </3

2) Not too sure on debadging? I like the badges, tbh.

3) Will get rid of ZUPPS, mud guards.

4) I'm not looking to improve performance, but rather sound and aesthetics. Can't get blood from a stone, right?

/edit/ oh yeah @ blayze, I'm keen on a 35% tint as well. tongue.gif

Draven
    Post #15

QUOTE (tezlin @ Apr 11 2011, 08:00 PM) *
    Thanks guys.

4) I'm not looking to improve performance, but rather sound and aesthetics. Can't get blood from a stone, right?

head_wall.gif whats next underbody LEDs?

inb4jdm
    Post #16

do nothing to it. leave your girly standard car, standard. you will be wasting your money on things that make you look wanky.

tezlin
    Post #17

QUOTE (Draven @ Apr 11 2011, 08:34 PM) *
    head_wall.gif whats next underbody LEDs?

You don't approve? It actually helps if you're looking for shit on the floor.

QUOTE (inb4jdm @ Apr 11 2011, 09:06 PM) *
    do nothing to it. leave your girly standard car, standard. you will be wasting your money on things that make you look wanky.

To the contrary, nearly any car can look great with the correct choice in mods. I'm looking for advice so that I don't end up with a car that looks "wanky".

Nocturnal
    Post #18

QUOTE (tezlin @ Apr 11 2011, 08:00 PM) *
    Thanks guys.

1) Don't molest your wiring to fit the LED's.

2) I wouldn't advise debadging.

3) Leave the mud guards.

4) Don't butcher your interior for sound gear or your exterior for aesthetics.

Why? It'll all hurt resale, which is what you need to think about if you ever want to get any money back from this car to buy something once you're off your P's.

Edit: You've got a mint little stocker, don't fuck it up.

tuckinVY
    Post #19

i have to say, i hate those wheels and u definitely need to go bigger, stay black but go bigger and if not please lower it more its too high and doesnt look good at all,
    but yeh..

94Supra.Carmont
    Post #20

Honestly waste your money on it. Why not it's yours? At the end of the day no one will be impressed by a lancer so don't bother trying just get the pointless modding out of your system. Then when you get somthing else you will have a better understanding on how to mod without wasting money and to get the desired results smile.gif

09ONE
    Post #21

QUOTE (inb4jdm @ Apr 11 2011, 09:06 PM) *

Correct

QUOTE (tezlin @ Apr 11 2011, 09:57 PM) *
    You don't approve? It actually helps if you're looking for shit on the floor.

To the contrary, nearly any car can look great with the correct choice in mods. I'm looking for advice so that I don't end up with a car that looks "wanky".

Incorrect

ride29er
    Post #22

QUOTE (94Supra.Carmont @ Apr 12 2011, 02:53 AM) *
    Honestly waste your money on it. Why not it's yours? At the end of the day no one will be impressed by a lancer so don't bother trying just get the pointless modding out of your system. Then when you get somthing else you will have a better understanding on how to mod without wasting money and to get the desired results smile.gif

No one will be impressed by a lancer?? you havent seen Khumber's

tezlin
    Post #23

Thanks for the advice guys. Aside from the spoiler, nothing has been touched in terms of altering the car physically, and I don't plan to. I am keen on being able to return it to stock (the sub isn't screwed down, it sits solid on its own). All five stocko's with wheel trims are in the shed, when I want to stick them back on.

I never thrash the car, and never drive hard on a cold engine. As some of you have said, this is a good daily to get me around until I can afford a more performance-based car.

vectorazz
    Post #24

Slam it on its arse,paint mudflaps white and drive

Jerryme
    Post #25

Just keep it simple.
    Wonder what angel eyes look like on a CH

Nocturnal
    Post #26

Dear P-Platers, study why this thread has not turned to shit.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x