• Member No.: 183,251
Post #1 post 26th August 2014 - 08:16 PM
ADM delivered 2001 S15 Spec R

Engine
Blacktop SR20DET with t28
Larger r32 radiator
Hybrid front mount intercooler
Greddy style intercooler piping
Intercooler water sprayer with micro mist jets triggered by auto temperature controller
Xforce super silent turbo back with stock diff back exhaust system
Circuit sports 7 layer stainless exhaust manifold gasket
Gktech alloy intake pipe with 3in snout
Mamba braided turbo lines
JapanDyno R35 afm with 3in alloy housing and plug
3A Racing pod filter
Just Jap SRI alloy cold air box
Garrett 1 bar wastegate actuator
Stock bov bleeder hole blocked (now holds 16psi+)
Splitfire coilpacks
Walbro gs342 fuel pump
Nissan quest 125amp alternator upgrade with Aeroflow turnbuckle bracket
Gates 3 piece engine belt set
Gktech cooling fan
Gktech eccentric throttle wheel
Oil filter relocator
Front bar ducted cold air feed
Fender ducted cold air feed
187rwkw @ 15psi

Driveline
Gktech solid shifter bushing
Exedy heavy duty organic clutch kit with single mass flywheel & nissan genuine flywheel bolts
Nismo gearbox mount

Suspension, wheels and brakes
Tein monoflex coilovers
Front strut brace
Superpro steering rack bushes
KKR adjustable castor rods
Adjustable rear camber arms with new rose joints and grease nipples
Rays gram light 18x8.5 front & 18x9.5 rear
RDA slotted rotors front & rear
Project Mu B spec front pads
Lucas TRW rear pads

Interior
Factory optioned red leather interior
Autometer Pro Comp series boost gauge in aircon vent
Apexi power fc
Apexi avcr with boost switch
Nismo duracon gearknob
Sony 7" touch screen
Alpine type S rear speakers

Exterior
Spec R side skirts
Spec R rear pods
JDM rear bar without reflectors
Spoilerless boot lid
Daytime driving lights l.e.d's behind bumper grills
Electric sunroof
Nismo wind visors
BA falcon underbody air diversion tray

This post has been edited by Kirksil13: Sep 23 2015, 09:42 AM
2001 Nissan 200sx
2001 Nissan 200sx
2001 Nissan 200sx
2001 Nissan 200sx
2001 Nissan 200sx
2001 Nissan 200sx
2001 Nissan 200sx
2001 Nissan 200sx

Comments

• Boost Network 27
  • Faun-
    Post #2

nice and clean mate. nice buy

Kirksil13
    Post #3

Gotta love the T28 turbo super responsive
    1.16 bar (16.8psi) @ 2889rpm this morning.

Kirksil13
    Post #4

Sourced an ihi vn14 turbo good for about 300-320rwhp with quicker spool than t28. Thinking poncams, z32 afm along with the walbro pump and 1000cc injectors I got with the car purchase and maybe e85.

Kirksil13
    Post #5

Gktech intake pipe with 3inch snout to go with the new turbo.

Kirksil13
    Post #6

Got a compression test done recently. Results: cylinders 1 & 2- 170psi
    cylinders 3 & 4- 160psi
    Very happy to have a strong and healthy SR at 130,000km. Plugs were due for an upgrade to platinums though as standard plugs are starting to foul coming up to 5,000km use.

Kirksil13
    Post #7

Cleaned and ready to roll out for the day

Kirksil13
    Post #8

Modified the stock bov to hold more boost by plugging the bleeder hole inside the two halves. Seems to pull alot harder through the rev range now. Also swapped my small k&n cone filter for a larger 3A Racing pod, induction noise become louder as a result.

Kirksil13
    Post #9

Now with summer upon us and the weather heating up, i have started to notice high knock readings on the power fc hand controller when boosting off the lights after sitting idle. So i ordered an apexi style pod filter enclosure to help combat the heat soak, but after installation discovered the box wasnt air tight and still didnt eliminate my problem. My next idea is to seal the box completely, wrap the intercooler piping & intake pipe in some heat reflective tape and possibly setup a bilge fan inside the enclosure that feeds cold air from behind the headlight.

mark1414
    Post #10

Do you have the new turbo on yet? Looks good, I like the mods you are doing.

Kirksil13
    Post #11

Im still saving for a few supporting mods and tune, then ill get the turbo fitted. Probably going to go to unigroup to get it tuned as ive heard good things about their work with the power fc.

Kirksil13
    Post #12

Got around to sealing the pod filter enclosure yesterday, i used some square rubber roof flashing from bunnings to create the seal around the afm and box. Then i cut a plastic chopping board into shape using a cardboard template i made earlier and closed the sides and top around the factory snorkel and painted it black to match. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Kirksil13
    Post #13

After owning an sr20de s13 while on my P's and becoming a regular at qld raceway and archerfield drift nights, i decided it was time to head out to eastern creek last month and have some fun with the s15. Let me tell you the difference in power delivery was awesome, going from a non turbo to now having 250hp at the wheels felt amazing to slide on. The transitions were smoother, I could hold alot more angle mid corner, power over was now possible and i barely had to bang the clutch as much as i did before. Overall the s15 is a much more solid, balanced and capable car compared to my old s13, whilst still being a comfortable, easy daily to drive during the week. I am more than happy with my purchase and will continue to drive, build and keep having fun with the s15 into the future.

Also here's a picture of my old s13

Kirksil13
    Post #14

Recently bought a new nissan quest 120 amp alternator from the usa along with an aeroflow turnbuckle bracket to suit. Apart from drilling the bottom alternator hole out to 10mm and fitting the new bracket its a straight bolt up with all plugs and cables the same. After I installed them last weekend its helped stop fluctuating revs at idle and on slow turns at full lock, increased spark to coilpacks while on boost, headlights are now brighter, windows wind up faster and voltage now sits at a constant 14.2volts after startup. I highly recommend this mod for anyone looking to upgrade their alternator or having voltage drop issues.

Kirksil13
    Post #15

More parts for my turbo swap come in the mail recently. Received braided water and oil lines, stainless steel turbo gaskets, circuit sports 7 layer exhaust manifold gasket and 1 bar garrett wastegate actuator.

Kirksil13
    Post #16

Purchased an R35 afm with 76mm alloy pipe and harness from JapanDyno online. Was about half the price of a z32 unit and should be better to tune with also.

mudbutton
    Post #17

You've done a shitload of work there. Nice one. 😀

Kirksil13
    Post #18

Cheers mate

Kirksil13
    Post #19

For anyone that has a notchy or crunching gearbox I highly recommend you try nulon g70 gearbox additive. For the last 6 months my gearbox has been really notchy when cold and I've been getting a crunch when shifting at high revs from 1st to 2nd gear. Recently I added one 125ml tube of g70 to the box through the gearstick hole and it has 100% fixed the notchy shifting and crunching. This is definitely a product worth every cent at only $15 from supercheap you can't go wrong.

mudbutton
    Post #20

How often are you changing your gearbox oil?

Kirksil13
    Post #21

Ive only owned the s15 for about 18 months but i changed gearbox oil when i first bought the car and had a new clutch put in. I used castrol syntrans then and she's probably due for another change now coming up to 20,000km since.

Kirksil13
    Post #22

More suspension goodies arrived. After I noticed the s15 had a couple of busted castor rod bushes, I decided to replace the whole arm with these quality adjustable KKR items. I've previously used a pair of these before in my s13 build and was really happy with how solid they are and also like the bonus of having dust boot protectors over the rose joints.

Kirksil13
    Post #23

I've also added another handy gadget to the interior department. It's a temperature controller with lcd display, which Ive hooked up to keep an eye on my air intake temps http://www.autospeed...isplay&A=112617 . It also has a feature with a relay output that can switch on fans, pumps, warning buzzer etc when a predetermined temperature has been reached. I currently have mine wired into the intercooler water sprayer which comes on when my intake temps get above 50°c

Kirksil13
    Post #24

I fitted the castor rods and superpro steering rack bushes over the weekend and managed to get a wheel alignment done yesterday afternoon and WOW what a difference it has made to the cars handling. Settings are as follows: Front camber -2'40, castor 7, toe +0.5mm
    Rear camber 1'10, toe -0.5mm
    Also note that i recently lowered the s15 an extra 20mm.
    With this setup there is so much more front end grip available on turn in and mid corner, for example not far from my place there's an S road that snakes downhill. Before the alignment i would start to understeer when pushing any harder than 60kmh, now i can comfortably hold 80kmh through the links with no understeer at all. I did want to try and set my rear toe to 0 but i ran out of adjustment with the stock items. So pending tyre wear, adjustable toe rods might be on the agenda in the near future.

Kirksil13
    Post #25

Got my exhaust system setup just as i wanted it now. A free flowing system that sounds like stock or quieter. I also picked up an extra 20mm ground clearance as well. The exhaust system now consists of 3in X force dump pipe, front pipe, high flow cat and mid pipe then changes into the stock 2-2.5in diff back exhaust.

alex1998
    Post #26

QUOTE (Kirksil13 @ Sep 6 2014, 07:05 PM) *
    Gotta love the T28 turbo super responsive
    1.16 bar (16.8psi) @ 2889rpm this morning.

hey man have u got a contact number im keen

QUOTE (Kirksil13 @ Aug 26 2014, 08:16 PM) *
    ADM delivered 2001 S15 Spec R

Engine
    Blacktop SR20DET with t28
    Larger r32 radiator
    Hybrid front mount intercooler
    Greddy style intercooler piping
    Intercooler water sprayer with micro mist jets triggered by auto temperature controller
    Xforce super silent turbo back with stock diff back exhaust system
    Circuit sports 7 layer stainless exhaust manifold gasket
    Gktech alloy intake pipe with 3in snout
    Mamba braided turbo lines
    JapanDyno R35 afm with 3in alloy housing and plug
    3A Racing pod filter
    Just Jap SRI alloy cold air box
    Garrett 1 bar wastegate actuator
    Stock bov bleeder hole blocked (now holds 16psi+)
    Splitfire coilpacks
    Walbro gs342 fuel pump
    Nissan quest 125amp alternator upgrade with Aeroflow turnbuckle bracket
    Gates 3 piece engine belt set
    Gktech cooling fan
    Gktech eccentric throttle wheel
    Oil filter relocator
    Front bar ducted cold air feed
    Fender ducted cold air feed
    187rwkw @ 15psi

Driveline
    Gktech solid shifter bushing
    Exedy heavy duty organic clutch kit with single mass flywheel & nissan genuine flywheel bolts
    Nismo gearbox mount

Suspension, wheels and brakes
    Tein monoflex coilovers
    Front strut brace
    Superpro steering rack bushes
    KKR adjustable castor rods
    Adjustable rear camber arms with new rose joints and grease nipples
    Rays gram light 18x8.5 front & 18x9.5 rear
    RDA slotted rotors front & rear
    Project Mu B spec front pads
    Lucas TRW rear pads

Interior
    Factory optioned red leather interior
    Autometer Pro Comp series boost gauge in aircon vent
    Apexi power fc
    Apexi avcr with boost switch
    Nismo duracon gearknob
    Sony 7" touch screen
    Alpine type S rear speakers

Exterior
    Spec R side skirts
    Spec R rear pods
    JDM rear bar without reflectors
    Spoilerless boot lid
    Daytime driving lights l.e.d's behind bumper grills
    Electric sunroof
    Nismo wind visors
    BA falcon underbody air diversion tray

contact number??

Kirksil13
    Post #27

Not for sale this is a build thread.

Kirksil13
    Post #28

Dyno day today for the s15. Cracked 236kw on e75 but afr's were starting to lean out a little up top. Also had issues with the r35 afm maxing out when we tried to run 22psi, so we left the final tune at 20psi and 233kw.

Overall very happy with the results. The turbo has gobs of torque that comes on super early in the rev range and the boost controller holds 18psi nearly all the way to redline.

With poncams and a bigger/different afm this combo will be a killer setup for a daily driver and occasional track sessions.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x