• 882ENV
  • Site Newbie
  • Member No.: 232,322
Post #1 post 5th October 2011 - 03:45 PM
Engine: Rb30 bottom, RB20 head

Exhaust: 3 inch from turbo back

Suspension: height adjustable coilovers all round, whiteline swaybars

Wheels: 20 inch chrome venus

Modifications: hi mount manifold, kkr430 turbo, 575 cc injectors, custom fuel rail, custom plenum, pwr oil coller and radiator, intake, microtech lt10 computer, R33 trubo gearbox, fully rebuilt vlt diff, exedy heavy duty clutch, intercooler,

Stereo Audio / Visual: pioneer head unit, front splits, 7x10 speakers rear, 12 inch sub and amp, walkinshaw front bar and scoop, group a side skirts and rear bar, custom orange paint with slight gold pearl

Estimated Power: 310 hp atw on 9 psi (needs boost controller and bigger fuel pump for 340-350 hp atw)

future mods include bigger pump and boost controller, ported head, cams, springs etc garret Gt3528R trubo and surge tank to get round 380-400 hp atw

cheers
1988 Holden Commodore Vl
1988 Holden Commodore Vl
1988 Holden Commodore Vl

Comments

• Boost Network 42
  • ajr1990
    Post #2

not normally a fan of commodores. But this one i like!

but lose those wheels.

882ENV
    Post #3

not normally a fan of commodores. But this one i like!

but lose those wheels.

cheers mate i just got those rims actually lol. c down the track might get something bit different but they look better in the flesh than the photo's show

dool$
    Post #4

gunmetal grey>orange

NTG78
    Post #5

those wheels don't do it for me, but other than that nice

smiley
    Post #6

a 30 bottom end with a 20 head? I didnt know you could do that?! I always thought it had to be 25 or 26 head.

Is there much gain from going to an ancient shitty 20 head?

psi06
    Post #7

YEH 30/20 HEAD THATS ODD?????
    THE WATER JACKETS DONT EVEN MATCH UP.
    THATS ALOT OF EFFORT TO CONVERT A RB20 HEAD TO THE RB30 BOTTOM????

BTW THE CAR LOOKS MINT MATE NICE JOB.

882ENV
    Post #8

when i got the head the place told me it was rb25 but as we got through the build found out it was a 20. doesnt seem to hurt performance and boost comes really quickly so dont know how a 25 would have gone compared to this but not gona complain. besides when i get the head worked and ported it will flow plenty enuff for what i need.

guy from nizpro (think thats the nme) in nerang use to build a few 30/20 motors for drift cars so it is possible

Bug Boy
    Post #9

Nice car man. Clearly lots of effort has gone into it. Well done.

882ENV
    Post #10

YEH 30/20 HEAD THATS ODD?????
    THE WATER JACKETS DONT EVEN MATCH UP.
    THATS ALOT OF EFFORT TO CONVERT A RB20 HEAD TO THE RB30 BOTTOM????

BTW THE CAR LOOKS MINT MATE NICE JOB.

cheers mate yeah when we were ordering i think the gaskets for the inlet side from nissan only rb20 would fit not rb25, so im pretty certain its a 20 head. but i have had the back of the head modified so i run a braided line from back of the head and back to the manifold, so that the water/coolant doesnt just sit at the back of the head. i think thats roughly how it works lol

sinister1
    Post #11

mate your car is mint dont change a thing !

882ENV
    Post #12

mate your car is mint dont change a thing !

cheers mate. still need the mods listed above and custom boot install, but i was thinkin of gettin walkinshaw side skirts, door moulds and rear???? not sure if i will but will c. thanks for the comment

gutless
    Post #13

Beautiful VL mate smile.gif Glad you like my photos of your car.
    I was talking to 2 guys that were saying one of them built your engine and that it was an RB25DET. Are you sure its a 30 at all? as the timing belt covers meet up huh.gif which isn't normal as the 30 puts a gap of about 30mm(iirc) between them.
    Also if it is a hybrid 30 i would be leaning towards your head being a non-VCT RB25DE head out of an R32 GTS25 as it is a lot similar to an RB20 as opposed to an RB25 and retains the same cam and timing belt covers as can be seen here:

R32 RB25 head runs the RB20DET style ports but larger.

Also considering that the Bore of a 20 and 30 arent the same and many other issues that arise when attempting to make a 20/30.

nferno
    Post #14

Not really feeling it, can appreciate the effort put into it tho smile.gif

IMO it needs the full walky kit.

882ENV
    Post #15

thanks for the photos mate they were great.

now it definitely has 3 litre bottom end as i used my original block, its just the head i was a bit confused on but u could b right bout it being a n/a rb25 form the 32. not too worried bout it still makes ok power on 9 psi with more to come smile.gif.

cheers for your help and once again thanks for the photos.

smiley
    Post #16

Does the back of the cam covers have a raise in them? its hard to tell from the photo's as its so shiny. lol.

If it does, then I think it is a 25 head... or at least 25 cam covers. haha

VTR
    Post #17

Do like cept the wheels.

882ENV
    Post #18

Does the back of the cam covers have a raise in them? its hard to tell from the photo's as its so shiny. lol.

lol nah mate no raise in them just 30 bottom and i guess now 25 head lol. just got multi layered metal head gasket and such but covers havent been touched

matmarhar
    Post #19

how is the intake pipe connected to the turbo ?it looks like its just sitting there or is that a v band i see

smiley
    Post #20

AH well... looks tidy.

Dose it up ya muzza!!!
    laugh.gif

4PERVZ
    Post #21

FUCK YEH THIS THING IS FULLY SICK MOIITTTE CANT IMAGINE THE HEADS YOUR TURN N THA NEKS YA BREAK

gutless
    Post #22

QUOTE (882ENV @ Oct 5 2011, 05:19 PM) *
    thanks for the photos mate they were great.

now it definitely has 3 litre bottom end as i used my original block, its just the head i was a bit confused on but u could b right bout it being a n/a rb25 form the 32. not too worried bout it still makes ok power on 9 psi with more to come smile.gif.

cheers for your help and once again thanks for the photos.

Fair enough, yeah bets are Definately on it being R32 RB25 head thumbsup.gif
    Looks perfect mate, love the paint and the kit. In my opinion all it needs is Calais tail lights smile.gif

QUOTE (smiley @ Oct 5 2011, 05:21 PM) *

No there is no raise. The covers and timing cover are 20 style but R32 RB25 had the same covers if you will view the photo i posted earlier.

dmcpom
    Post #23

saw this thing at parklands really is nice and even better in the real world, not to keen on the bonnet but if mine thats all i would change very nice .

clutch-it
    Post #24

this is so so so sexy

joel-ls1
    Post #25

QUOTE (4PERVZ @ Oct 5 2011, 07:31 PM) *
    FUCK YEH THIS THING IS FULLY SICK MOIITTTE CANT IMAGINE THE HEADS YOUR TURN N THA NEKS YA BREAK

Huh??

BenIsaac
    Post #26

This is a nice change from your typical BT1 / calais stock body VL's / full ghetto spec pieces of shit.

I normally hate bodykits on cars but this works quite nice, awesome car.

21azi
    Post #27

I seen this VL at parklands. I have a good look at the engine and from what i seen it was a 100% Definately a rb30 bottom end and the head was a rb25de.

Full on nice car mate.

love the colour and yes go the full walky kit.

176OES
    Post #28

As mentioned in the other topic, like all of it.... except the fibreglass baseball cap on the bonnet.

Not normally a VL fan, but this one does look the part smile.gif

882ENV
    Post #29

cheers for all the comments and feedback everyone. guess bonnet is how i feel about the walky wing, im not a fan of that but hey u do what u like.

next few weeks once i save enuff (lol) and get bigger turbo and stuff on it will try add sum more pics and have digital gauges and custom dash waiting to go in, hopefully in time for raceline's goldcoast 600 car show.

cheers and laters

dmcpom
    Post #30

hey if your in the gc600 do yoiu get to cruise the track ????

882ENV
    Post #31

hey if your in the gc600 do yoiu get to cruise the track ????

dont think so mate just be there for show n shine but hey if ian from raceline says i can fuckin oath i will drive it on the track!!!! lol

insertcoolname
    Post #32

wow you got those cam covers to meet up pretty well, they meet up just like an rb20...

wayneby
    Post #33

pretty coool

gutless
    Post #34

QUOTE (insertcoolname @ Oct 5 2011, 11:49 PM) *
    wow you got those cam covers to meet up pretty well, they meet up just like an rb20...

This is a bit perturbing... Where did the gap go? unsure.gif

09ONE
    Post #35

QUOTE (gutless @ Oct 5 2011, 05:10 PM) *
    Beautiful VL mate smile.gif Glad you like my photos of your car.
    I was talking to 2 guys that were saying one of them built your engine and that it was an RB25DET. Are you sure its a 30 at all? as the timing belt covers meet up huh.gif which isn't normal as the 30 puts a gap of about 30mm(iirc) between them.
    Also if it is a hybrid 30 i would be leaning towards your head being a non-VCT RB25DE head out of an R32 GTS25 as it is a lot similar to an RB20 as opposed to an RB25 and retains the same cam and timing belt covers as can be seen here:
    Also considering that the Bore of a 20 and 30 arent the same and many other issues that arise when attempting to make a 20/30.

Ding Ding Ding!

It will be an RB25DE Head.

However I would be checking your block and making sure the engine number starts with RB30xxxxxxx....

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
    Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x