1989 Toyota Celica SX ST184R  

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
vote
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 34
Guests cannot vote 
KIRIUS
  • KIRIUS
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 224,969
Post #1 post 13th August 2011 - 02:29 PM
I REALISE THIS IS BOOST BUT IF YOUR GOING TO SIMPLY HATE OR NOT GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM YOU CAN HAPPILY FUCK OFF. happy.gif
Engine: 1992 5SFE (s/c in progress)

Exhaust: hurricane extractors, high flow cat,hotdog muffler 2"piping, 2.5"inch zetti cannon.

Suspension: king springs

Wheels: 16"speedys in photo, currently running gold 17" Zenetti's.

Modifications:
cold air intake
sports exhaust
exedy hd clutch
hurricane extractors/HFcat
V5 Vortech S/C
sway bars
d2 coilovers

doesnt count- gt4 bonnet, vs2 bodykit, etc

Stereo Audio / Visual: pioneer head unit, polk audio 5.1 2'4 fronts, 6'rear, 1200W boss amp, 12" 1200W sony explode

Estimated Power:

In the works:

racing seats
rippmods sc kit- it will be the only ST184 5SFE SC in the world.
most people just do the 3sgte swap so its going to be very rare. wink.gif

Is currently a working progress both exterior/mechanical.

This post has been edited by KIRIUS: Sep 7 2011, 07:37 PM
1989 Toyota Celica Sx St184r

--------------------
ICH160 180SX

Comments

• Boost Network 48
  • KIRIUS
    Post #2

HOW IT STARTED:
    (i am not responsible for the horrible chromies)

TRANSITIONING:

NEW KIT:

CURRENTLY (put bonnet on last week havent had a chance to wash/take decent photos.)

The black leuvers on the bonnet was a bit of fun, nothing serious.
    No engine pics yet.
    Hope you enjoyed..

ITS2EZ
    Post #3

reckon under car neon's will be mint as!!! ph34r.gif

fast and furious anyone

E U R E K A M A D 9 4
    Post #4

KIRIUS
    Post #5

haha, aww c,mon guys, i know boost is full of arseholes but surely you guys arent "them".

Each to their own.

E U R E K A M A D 9 4
    Post #6

On a more serious not it looks as if you've gone to supercheap and bought all their stock then THROWN it at your car...

dashboard
    Post #7

pretty mad transformation

VTR
    Post #8

My constructive criticism is take the horrid body kit off.

180sxy
    Post #9

KIRIUS
    Post #10

VTR- appreciated. tongue.gif

QUOTE (E U R E K A M A D 9 4 @ Aug 13 2011, 02:45 PM) *
    On a more serious not it looks as if you've gone to supercheap and bought all their stock then THROWN it at your car...

okay i can take that kinda criticism. smile.gif

fair enough though.
    im fairly happy with it, not everyone has an awesome paycheck so i just gotta work with what i got. thumbsup.gif
    for the record though i think the only thing ive ever bought from them was the gear knob.

KIRIUS
    Post #11

haha, you guys really have a thing for screencaps.

KIRIUS
    Post #12

QUOTE (dashboard @ Aug 13 2011, 02:48 PM) *
    pretty mad transformation

Thank you bowrofl.gif

seeing i do it all myself its not too bad for an amateur... hehe sexist comment removed wbt, better? biggrin.gif

wbtonner
    Post #13

QUOTE (KIRIUS @ Aug 13 2011, 03:06 PM) *
    Thank you bowrofl.gif

seeing i do it all myself its not too bad for a girl.

Who do girls want to be treated equally etc. then they say something like this. ^^^

KIRIUS
    Post #14

QUOTE (wbtonner @ Aug 13 2011, 03:10 PM) *
    Who do girls want to be treated equally etc. then they say something like this. ^^^

im just trying to explain my lack of mech-nut knowledge. rolleyes.gif

E U R E K A M A D 9 4
    Post #15

Well hat's a bit different if you're a girl and have done the work yourself...

Boostn32GTR
    Post #16

QUOTE (KIRIUS @ Aug 13 2011, 02:58 PM) *
    VTR- appreciated. tongue.gif

okay i can take that kinda criticism. smile.gif

fair enough though.
    im fairly happy with it, not everyone has an awesome paycheck so i just gotta work with what i got. thumbsup.gif

kudos when its due.... however your spending the money to be the only "........ supercharged one in aus? why not buy a GT4 and just add boost? surely it would work out cheaper after labour! yes its differnt.. but not my taste sorry, best of luck with your plans!

KIRIUS
    Post #17

QUOTE (E U R E K A M A D 9 4 @ Aug 13 2011, 03:19 PM) *
    Well hat's a bit different if you're a girl and have done the work yourself...

im in the army so i dont get much time anymore to learn but the second im out i wanna take up and apprenticeship and work on my soarer. hsdance.gif

KIRIUS
    Post #18

QUOTE (Boostn32GTR @ Aug 13 2011, 03:24 PM) *
    kudos when its due.... however your spending the money to be the only "........ supercharged one in aus? why not buy a GT4 and just add boost? surely it would work out cheaper after labour! yes its differnt.. but not my taste sorry, best of luck with your plans!

i know i should xD
    but as much as i hate the celica i cant get rid of it.
    and the s/c is convenient as its off a friend for a reasonable price.
    But thanks for the input smile.gif

jbear
    Post #19

That kit makes me............makes me............ i have no justifiable answer
    And the steering wheel........ohhh...ohhhhhhh........... just a plain big old wtf

j.are
    Post #20

i like the way your trying to do things to your car.. and it is a good job,, but its not gr8 styling... very ricy... but good work on doing everything yourself

8URVTEC
    Post #21

looks like a deformed 180sx but worse

Boostn32GTR
    Post #22

QUOTE (KIRIUS @ Aug 13 2011, 03:28 PM) *
    i know i should xD
    but as much as i hate the celica i cant get rid of it.
    and the s/c is convenient as its off a friend for a reasonable price.
    But thanks for the input smile.gif

fairy nuff gl

AllTrack
    Post #23

Well, My favourite cars are the ST18xs. Owning a GT4 imported all-trac and a normal st184. My opinon is they look best without any body mods, lowered with nice rims (Eg Work meisters/Emotion etc) So I think take the kit and crap off lowered with decent rims and offset (why do I see so many people butcher celicas with retarded offset? Flush fitting learn it not just a nissan thing, buy some rotas if your poor 17x9 lower then fucking 40 offset please) get rid of the retarded interior, if you want anything done mechanically fuck off the 5sfe shitty head and put a 3sge on instead. Sorry even if your a girl I wouldn't normally post something like this but your wrecking my favourite car and model and making more people think celicas are for poofters.

Edit: Don't put a Supercharger on it, 5sfes are very reiable but watch it die with any sort of forced induction especially on a older engine, get it freshened up but sitll then 5sfes are shit for performance cause of the economy head keep throwing money away, as posted above if you want cheap 3sge head on, or get a 3sgte (or 5sfe block if its healthy also labeled 5sgte) don't try and tell me any difference or the normal "But 5sfes are torquey and S/C make better!@#" In the end I guess goodluck, but really your throwing money away and wont make anymore then 200hp-250hp unreliably for big money. plus your wrong about being the only person in aus with a S/C celica, maybe a St184 but not a St185.

KIRIUS
    Post #24

QUOTE (j.are @ Aug 13 2011, 03:50 PM) *
    i like the way your trying to do things to your car.. and it is a good job,, but its not gr8 styling... very ricy... but good work on doing everything yourself

the exposure to others cars and feedback is giving me decent style tips that ill be using later on smile.gif
    it'll get the outrageous/rice out of my system. rolleyes.gif

180sxy
    Post #25

A chick did this? That changes everything! laugh.gif

Imo its not my taste, but some nice wheels will make this look a lot better (not bob jane specials)

Wheels like this would look good...

woodys_world69
    Post #26

Congratulations!!!!

UGLIEST CAR ON BOOST!!

KIRIUS
    Post #27

QUOTE (AllTrack @ Aug 13 2011, 04:15 PM) *
    Well, My favourite cars are the ST18xs. Owning a GT4 imported all-trac and a normal st184. My opinon is they look best without any body mods, lowered with nice rims (Eg Work meisters/Emotion etc) So I think take the kit and crap off lowered with decent rims and offset (why do I see so many people butcher celicas with retarded offset? Flush fitting learn it not just a nissan thing, buy some rotas if your poor 17x9 lower then fucking 40 offset please) get rid of the retarded interior, if you want anything done mechanically fuck off the 5sfe shitty head and put a 3sge on instead. Sorry even if your a girl I wouldn't normally post something like this but your wrecking my favourite car and model and making more people think celicas are for poofters.

Edit: Don't put a Supercharger on it, 5sfes are very reiable but watch it die with any sort of forced induction especially on a older engine, get it freshened up but sitll then 5sfes are shit for performance cause of the economy head keep throwing money away, as posted above if you want cheap 3sge head on, or get a 3sgte (or 5sfe block if its healthy also labeled 5sgte) don't try and tell me any difference or the normal "But 5sfes are torquey and S/C make better!@#"

heh, ouch!
    i get your passion for them and fair enough bout the s/c and no i dont pull the torque card crap lol
    im sorry you dont like it, but people have done far worse to them, i cherish my car and as much as it wont be to everyone if anyones liking i am learning from my "mistakes" it wont be going anywhere for a long time to come but i am keeping the swap in mind.

Yeah i know a few st185s thats why i was specifically referring to the 184.

KIRIUS
    Post #28

QUOTE (woodys_world69 @ Aug 13 2011, 04:25 PM) *
    Congratulations!!!!

UGLIEST CAR ON BOOST!!

Fuck, can you write it any bigger?

COMMODORES ALREADY TOOK THAT TITLE.

*Tricky*
    Post #29

Hmmm... I don't like a thing about it.

However, in saying that, I will say it is CERTAINLY an improvement from what it was in a BIGGGGG way.

AllTrack
    Post #30

delete.

KIRIUS
    Post #31

QUOTE (AllTrack @ Aug 13 2011, 04:34 PM) *
    This should be how your exterior should look.

Either yours?

AllTrack
    Post #32

No, there personal friends of mine overseas, I don't have any pictures of mine uploaded yet (inbeforeyourcommentisinvalid) but my st184 looks exactly like the black one but red with white rotas and my all-trac has stockies with slicks on them (not used on road) but in the end I came at you to hard, its just that alot of people don't take these cars seriously because alot of people go "rice" on them which makes me sad. End of the day if you get it running with a S/C please send me a PM or post on toymods etc. Alot of people come in with your attitude and then dissapear which makes me skeptical.

Ps, black one makes 800awhp and runs 9s, take that nissan!

KIRIUS
    Post #33

QUOTE (*Tricky* @ Aug 13 2011, 04:34 PM) *
    Hmmm... I don't like a thing about it.

However, in saying that, I will say it is CERTAINLY an improvement from what it was in a BIGGGGG way.

i reckon so too.
    but its an acquired taste so i know that people hate it.

KIRIUS
    Post #34

QUOTE (AllTrack @ Aug 13 2011, 04:42 PM) *
    No, there personal friends of mine overseas, I don't have any pictures of mine uploaded yet (inbeforeyourcommentisinvalid) but my st184 looks exactly like the black one but red with white rotas and my all-trac has stockies with slicks on them (not used on road) but in the end I came at you to hard, its just that alot of people don't take these cars seriously because alot of people go "rice" on them which makes me sad. End of the day if you get it running with a S/C please send me a PM or post on toymods etc. Alot of people come in with your attitude and then dissapear which makes me skeptical.

haha, thats seriously awesome! your mate would of put alot of time into it smile.gif
    shame he's overseas, does he have any vids? would be mad to watch.

im on almost every celica forum, mainly tocau but yep if you have the same name ill send you an update for sure to prove its not all just rice and talk
    Thanks for the advice too.
    smile.gif

180sxy
    Post #35

QUOTE (AllTrack @ Aug 13 2011, 04:42 PM) *

Videos asap.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
    Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x