Have $45,000 To Spend, Ideas? - Late model performance cars..  

Page 1 of 7
Jump to page
bikerboy
  • bikerboy
  • Regular User
  • Member No.: 61,759
Post #1 post 14th April 2011 - 04:30 AM
For a laugh I would like to hear what the boostcruising community has to say about purchasing a car.

Having recently just sold my 2007 R8 Clubsport, I am looking for a new vehicle. Unfortunately I am unable to purchase new again so am looking at low KM, performance cars.

If you have an idea, please suggest it. My only criterion are;

Must be less than 4 years old.
Must be $40,000-$45,000.
Must have low kms, sub 50k.
And lastly, must be exciting to drive. A Kia Sportage is not exciting to drive.

I have owned a vast amount of cars over the years, and having owned a VE R8 from new, I have been quite impressed with build quality and overall personality of the car.

So at this stage I'm interested in GTS's and Maloo's, (only by owning previous HSV)
Never owned anything BMW, or Ford, so let me know what they are like!

Any other suggestions appreciated from MATURE, WELL EDUCATED boost members.

For any 18 year old wankers suggesting supercharged VT commodore and pocket the change, don't even post.

Let the useless post begin!
bikerboy
Post #2

Only looking for suggestions of make and model. Please don't link me to your car for sale, or cars for sale.

mark1414
Post #3

What about a G6E Turbo? Good mix of luxury and performance. If it wasn't as fast as the r8 it wouldn't take much to make it quicker.

Slide_thats5
Post #4

the new f6s are extremely quick with a full exhaust bigger fmic up the boost and a full tune

bikerboy
Post #5

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Apr 14 2011, 10:39 PM) *
What about a G6E Turbo? Good mix of luxury and performance. If it wasn't as fast as the r8 it wouldn't take much to make it quicker.

Have looked at them, not exactly my cup of tea styling wise, but a black one with cream leather, seems okay. I'd like to speak to someone who owns one to see what they are like.

QUOTE (Slide_thats5 @ Apr 14 2011, 10:39 PM) *
the ve r8s are a very nice car to drive and go really well aswell

Yeah I know mate..... I've owned one... Haha

bikerboy
Post #6

What sort of money are fg F6's going for?

Slide_thats5
Post #7

sorry didnt read it all, they do go oh so well though put a smile on my face for a stock car. the g6 is the luxury model where teh f6 is teh sport version

The_Jayz
Post #8

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Apr 14 2011, 10:39 PM) *

x2

GTRwilson
Post #9

I honestly would've recommended the exact car you just sold. laugh.gif Do you plan on leaving the car stock? If you could stretch to 5 or so years old, id say a VZ Senator skaife edition. drool.gif

wolfman101
Post #10

Are you willing to look outside BMW for non-Aussie?
And are you after at least as much performance as from your last car?

r33_lover
Post #11

370z

Astra Boi
Post #12

gtr
s2000
s15
bmw merc
car and road bike
house deposit sped 2k on a micra?

wolfman101
Post #13

QUOTE (r33_lover @ Apr 14 2011, 11:19 PM) *
370z

He said four seats.

baxdoode
Post #14

QUOTE (r33_lover @ Apr 14 2011, 11:19 PM) *
370z

rice

gymjunkie22
Post #15

bmw 335i biggrin.gif

ka86
Post #16

Import a V36 Coupe (370). 4 Seats with solid all round performance. Of course stock for stock won't be as quick as the R8, however wouldn't take much from the 3.7 to get some get up and go.

Nice luxury feel too.

iamhappy46
Post #17

2007 WRX STi 6 speed manual sedan. Around $5K and an instant 240Kw@wheels daily driver, with excellent fuel economy. Should also have change left over...

GHOSTY
Post #18

EVO?

webby93
Post #19

QUOTE (ka86 @ Apr 14 2011, 11:29 PM) *
Import a V37 Coupe. 4 Seats with solid all round performance. Of course stock for stock won't be as quick as the R8, however wouldn't take much from the 3.7 to get some get up and go.

Nice luxury feel too.

Yeah this is the way to go. Don't have to import they are for sale here, carsales again. I think they are called Infinities not Skylines but either way would be ideal. ^Mans got a point

Vspot35
Post #20

37 isnt a bad idea... i have a 35 and its great... plus once its turboed ETA 3 weeks... i think even your r8 would be getting a good whooping tongue.gif

BMR2NV2010
Post #21

BMW e46 M3 but may have a few kms on it..

James Dean
Post #22

I'm guessing by your previous car that you like to have a car with status/size on the road?
If I am completely wrong, I would suggest something along the lines Audi A4 S-Line Quatro, or a Volkswagen Golf MKV Gti.

WoodStok
Post #23

Audi S5. sex on wheels IMO.

but out of your price range ive just realized.

Street Tuned
Post #24

EVO 10??

Otherwise Id take the clubby.

Akshunhiro
Post #25

Should buy a 2007 R8 Clubsport.

Seriously though, why would you part with something like that?

scottyg938
Post #26

Do you want another v8 or were you thinking of going forced induction

PyrotiX
Post #27

Supercharged VT commodore .. oh wait.

boost bogan
Post #28

you want status and size on the road? ford territory ghia turbo

Goku
Post #29

Go another clubby.

YrocLeumas
Post #30

Wait a few years and get an ft-86?

Would fit your criteria if you could find a second hand one haha.

ka86
Post #31

QUOTE (webby93 @ Apr 14 2011, 11:45 PM) *
Yeah this is the way to go. Don't have to import they are for sale here, carsales again. I think they are called Infinities not Skylines but either way would be ideal. ^Mans got a point

V35/V36/ Nissan Skyline 350/370/GT= Japan

G35/G37 Infinti 350/370GT = U.S

Same diff really. thumbsup.gif

I wouldn't buy one locally, the amount you save by importing is well worth it if you have the patience though, you will get some people too lazy to wait and are willing to pay the extra money for it.

Do you have a preference on cylinders?

HSV
Post #32

QUOTE (boost bogan @ Apr 15 2011, 02:41 AM) *
you want status and size on the road? ford territory ghia turbo

Status?

Maybe in Woodridge or the Stains as you "roll through the hood" with shit music blaring.............

scottyg938
Post #33

maybe look at the fpv GS's
5L supercharged V8, starting at about $50,000, might be ok if you can talk the price down / save a little bit more?

intailD
Post #34

m3 or ///AMG end rant

Darkness
Post #35

HSV GTS

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 7
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x