Dodge Phoenix Info Needed - 1970-71 dodge phoenix 400 limited edition  

shan620
  • shan620
  • Regular User
  • Member No.: 99,691
Post #1 post 19th October 2009 - 10:53 PM
Im looking at buyin a dodge phoenix 400 limited edition build number 121. I have had a quick look at this car 2 times now and am gettin keener 2 get it. Where do i find out how much these are worth and is there any ID tags to say it a limited edition car other then then 1 in the pic near speedo. I was told this is a 1970 or 71 dodge phoenix. The body is straight and immaculate but the interior needs to be reupholstered.

NOS440
Post #2

there is one currently on ebay. its 69 though. 1 bid @ 10k. it has been restored

http://cars.ebay.com.au/DODGE-PHOENIX-1969...emZ270428026001

these things are notourious for rust everywhere. has it been resprayed or is it the original paint?
what motor? 383, 440 or 318?
i would say it would be worth between 3 and 5 thousand depending on driveline. but then again i havent seen it. consider it carefully, could be a bargain if not rusty or a moneypit if it is

shan620
Post #3

QUOTE (NOS440 @ Oct 21 2009, 08:41 PM) *
there is one currently on ebay. its 69 though. 1 bid @ 10k. it has been restored

http://cars.ebay.com.au/DODGE-PHOENIX-1969...emZ270428026001

these things are notourious for rust everywhere. has it been resprayed or is it the original paint?
what motor? 383, 440 or 318?
i would say it would be worth between 3 and 5 thousand depending on driveline. but then again i havent seen it. consider it carefully, could be a bargain if not rusty or a moneypit if it is

It still has original paint and interior etc. It has been in a shed for yrs. The only rust i could find was around winderscreen. It has a 318 motor in it. 12/1970 DF6 dodge phoenix. Ive seen some on car sales for between $9500 and $24995. Got a price to restore interior and will cost me 3g. So i just need 2 know if there are any hidden id tags and wot the limited edition models are worth.

Ratwagon
Post #4

Try US ebay or check out a couple of DODGE specific websites/forums for info man... This is the internet...

pigsarse
Post #5

" Ive seen some on car sales for between $9500 and $24995. "

Dreamin bud, no way would you get even close to $24995, people just won't pay that kind of money's for a 70/71 phoenix. Not even a mint, low milage, all original, time warp fukn museum piece would fetch that.

I agree with nos440, looking at around 3-5 but if the interior is fucked, it's rusty and it's only running a smallblock 318.......???

And as for "limited edition", in those 70/71 model, they were all LE's, there were only 400 produced, so every one was a 400LE

76LX_FTW
Post #6

Hey mate, that cars in Bundarra aye.. It's been there for year's hasnt been in a shed, its been out in the weather for quite some time... Theres a fat looking Hq Monaro in a shed a few houses back from it down near the river that's been there for like 20 years but the old guy wont sell it.

lil_bobby_260
Post #7

QUOTE (shan620 @ Oct 20 2009, 04:53 PM) *
Im looking at buyin a dodge phoenix 400 limited edition build number 121. I have had a quick look at this car 2 times now and am gettin keener 2 get it. Where do i find out how much these are worth and is there any ID tags to say it a limited edition car other then then 1 in the pic near speedo. I was told this is a 1970 or 71 dodge phoenix. The body is straight and immaculate but the interior needs to be reupholstered.

Mate they dont exactly have a redbook price.
This is how i buy old cars - i look at the car and see what condition its in. I then do some sums, and see what it would cost to build it to the point where i would want it when im driving it. If i can afford it and can justify the price (ie i cant just BUY one completed thats cheaper) then its a good deal.
Ask the bloke what he wants for it. then have a look at as many other ones as you can, and compare condition for price.
Cars like that (and most old cars) are worth what the average person is willing to pay for them. A GTHO as far as im concerned isnt worth $800,000, but to that crazy US bastard it was. Its that simple.
If you can afford to build it into what you want, and can justify the cost, go for it. Dont buy an old car based on what someone else tells you its worth.

jimmy b
Post #8

Very hard to put a price on the dogs penis, mate had 1 and got 7 for it but it was tidy.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x