1jzgte Vs Rb25det - facts not brand bias opinions please  

Phat535
  • Phat535
  • Regular User
  • Member No.: 5,310
Post #1 post 20th February 2004 - 01:37 PM
which motor produces more power in stock form?
and retaining the standard bottom end and head, which has more potential to make power changing only things like turbo, ecu and fuel system
woody
Post #2

the 1jz makes more power in stock form and i believe has more power potential from the standard bottom end

SupraCrazy
Post #3

Stock & modified form 1jz wins.

Amokk
Post #4

yeah u can make bs amount of hp out of the 1j without changin the motor at all

just whack bigger turbo and injectors and computer in

booyah

10DED
Post #5

I'd have to say that 1jz would kick ass

psi999
Post #6

1j all the way.

RB25 is a POS in comparison.

Sleeksoarer
Post #7

1JZ id have to say seen a few people getting huge power with stock bottom end and internals just get a T66 Turbo and after market computer injectors exhust u'll be up there with big numbers !

Sleeksoarer
Post #8

check this out should give you a idea how big a turbo you can use on stock engine http://www.uniqueautosports.com/ then go to performance parts biggrin.gif
Soarer T66 800 HP Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbo

Turbo Netics Manifold

V Band and clamp

Braided Hose to suit for oil and water

Total price for kit
$3,300.00

$1,390.00

$250.00

$220.00

$5,160.00

SWIFTY
Post #9

yep, 1jz all day...every day

Belgarion
Post #10

while theres nothing wrong with the rb25, the 1jz is a superior motor, i believe that most of the head work design and casting, apparently was done by yamaha in japan?

Sleeksoarer
Post #11

yep sure are same with the 2JZ they have Yamaha written on them on the timiing belt cover

boosted_ae86
Post #12

yea the 1jz are better.

ive heard 700 odd horsepower standard internals.

pretty impressive

avalonea
Post #13

were talking about 650

and yes . 1j is a better option.

tho rb30det if you want to stick with nissarn tradition,

`josh see below for rb30 ... and some interengine relationships smile.gif

stimps
Post #14

its easy to see how the 1JZ is better than rb25 - but then again it is 500cc bigger.
Honestly, if you take that into consideration, arnt they both basically then equal?

The rb25 can take a stomping amount of power in stock form too!

But If i had the time and money to do it all again, id try the 1JZ for sure.

Enema
Post #15

1jz is 2.5L bucko.

Pie
Post #16

yeh theyre a 2.5. id have to say 1jz even though i havent had any personal experience with either engine but from what ive read in various places the toyota wins this round

mAJORD
Post #17

looks like its the 1j buddy wink.gif

Blur
Post #18

the 1jz is a better engine, but what sucks is the price and availability of manual gearboxes as they were in soarers , mostly auto (tried buying one??)
can almost buy a rb25 motor and box for the money you spend buying a gearbox to suit 1jz..
something to think about i suppose..

QUOTE (blur @ Feb 21 2004, 01:06 AM)
the 1jz is a better engine, but what sucks is the price and availability of manual gearboxes as they were in soarers , mostly auto (tried buying one??)
can almost buy a rb25 motor and box for the money you spend buying a gearbox to suit 1jz..
something to think about i suppose..

manual gearbox to suit isn't that badly priced... Good friend of mine picked up a manual box for her JZA80 for $600 is perfect condition. That 5speed would go straight up to the 1JZ#

SkiDMaN
Post #20

obviosly a w58

the r154's... manual box that comes with 1j's is about $1500 a peice...

its easier to find a JZA70 front cut in manual than to find a soarer manual cut

1j all the way!

QUOTE (SkiDMaN @ Feb 21 2004, 08:56 AM)
obviosly a w58

the r154's... manual box that comes with 1j's is about $1500 a peice...

its easier to find a JZA70 front cut in manual than to find a soarer manual cut

1j all the way!

BAISED!!! But yeah, after doing much reading the toyota donk is better, however, you want to go faster cheaper (up to a limit) the RB25 would probably be the better option. It always reaches a point when it no longer matters what engine you have, because your just spending so much money on it tongue.gif

Sleeksoarer
Post #22

humm id still stick to 1JZ way more tougher engine ! then Rb25 try and get your hand on the 2JZ they have better turbos ! wink.gif

dabooda
Post #23

It's hard to tell which motor is particularly better when trying to get your information from magazines or websites. Remember that mags and sites usually are biased in terms of manufacturer (and even models within a manufacturer!).

eg, there was a uproar on the 300zx forum where HPI magazine claimed that vg30's were rather weak and even break when you don't trash it and service it regularly. The thing is, HPI had sung nothing but praise for the VG30 .... until a Skyline parts shop become their major advertiser.

My take on the toyota vs the nissan motor ... I don't know much about different engines so my advice wouldn't be of much help. It'd be good to have statitics on how many people build up each type of motor and how many of those are broken and how many are still going strong.

The only advice I can give you is that yes, the 1j might be better ... but take cost of buying the motor, cost of modifying it, your power goals and fitting issues into consideration. If you're going for a 9 second car, then the motor's strength will be a top concern. If it's going to be a 12-13 second cruiser, then lean towards the cost side of things.

sinnie
Post #24

id much prefer the 1Jz, would love to put one in a silvia smile.gif.

theres a guy down south who put a auto 1j into a silvia, and on stock boost he ran a 12.6!

Phat535
Post #25

for those saying the price is the advantage of the RB25
I priced half cuts for the 1JZ and the RB25 both in manual form before posting this thread
and the RB25 half cut was around $500 more expensive at most places I tried

chris davey
Post #26

the advantage of the RB25 is that there are bolt on upgrade turbos readily available and the ECU are remappable. However, with a 1jz you would need custom manifolds for just about any upgrade. REgarding The actual engine, as others have said, the 1j is stronger by a fair amount and from what my mate with an r33 said, the heads don't seem to flow that well on them. In contrast, the 1jz are some of the best made as people put them on 2jz's for an increase in power. The 1jz head is made by Yamaha and the 2j head is made by Toyota.

P.S I have a 1jz so i am a little biased smile.gif

D.Bird
Post #27

im useing D.birds accont hes a mate of mine. i dont have a account on here.. but he owns a stock 1jz i watched him race a rb25 with after market ecu more boost (10psi) 3'' exorst and intercooler and the 1J was by far the batter car the rb only came back in hi gears but even then it did not pull away from a stock engen.. i own a rb and im saying GET A 1J if you want power with little mods

MaDDoG
Post #28

QUOTE(stimps @ Feb 20 2004, 09:38 PM) [snapback]4459515[/snapback]

its easy to see how the 1JZ is better than rb25 - but then again it is 500cc bigger.
Honestly, if you take that into consideration, arnt they both basically then equal?

The rb25 can take a stomping amount of power in stock form too!

But If i had the time and money to do it all again, id try the 1JZ for sure.

your thinking 2J, 1J is 2.5, 2J is 3 litre which is 500cc bigger smile.gif RB25 is rubbish in comparison to 1J, there is no comparison thumbsup.gif

OIM.666
Post #29

This thread is over 3 years old and been covered many times since.

Closed.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x