Post #1 post 6th October 2012 - 12:08 PM
Engine: FA20 with AVO Turbo kit

Exhaust: Stock

Suspension: Tein Monoflex coilovers with adjustable sway bars front and rear

Wheels: Work Kiwami in matte black. 18x8.5 +38 front, 18x9.5 +38 rear

Modifications: AVO Turbo kit

Stereo Audio / Visual: Stock

Estimated Power: 155.4 kW @ rear wheels

Picked the car up in early July 2012. The Tein Monoflex coilovers went on the following week.

This post has been edited by 73GRA: Aug 11 2013, 01:51 AM
2012 Toyota 86 GTZN6

--------------------
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Check out these other rides...

Comments

• Boost Network 25
  • _Ben
    Post #2

Looks very very sweet with a nice set of wheels.
    Very nice ride mate

FA77
    Post #3

That's the first time I've seen the Signature plates actualy look good on a car!!
    It's a nice car mate, the wheels suit it well.

These look alot nicer in red, the white ones are boring.

73GRA
    Post #4

Thanks for the comments guys thumbsup.gif

QUOTE (FA77 @ Oct 6 2012, 01:14 PM) *
    These look alot nicer in red, the white ones are boring.

Yeah, that's pretty much my sentiment too. Unfortunately we need to prepare ourselves, as white is by far the most popular colour.

VernonKoekemoer
    Post #5

LOOOOOVE this. Great choice on the wheels and I think the ride height is perfect with those coilovers. Red is definitely the best colour on these.

Straight line speed arent its forte i know but whats this thing like pace wise? Handling?

mark1414
    Post #6

Nice plates. Those wheels look awesome on the car with the red paint job.

sr_silvia
    Post #7

Red FTW. Keep it out of this sun though or it'll turn pink!

Street Tuned
    Post #8

Very tidy indeed. But yes it does need more low.

DANIELJARVIS
    Post #9

QUOTE (sr_silvia @ Oct 6 2012, 02:17 PM) *
    Red FTW. Keep it out of this sun though or it'll turn pink!

they clear coat reds now.

Bug Boy
    Post #10

Looks good mate. Well done.

I saw a BRZ the other day with NOT 86 on the plates lol.

Turbo Tim
    Post #11

Saw this out at a bayside hospital, like the plates!

Pretty sure it was stock wheels then though.

73GRA
    Post #12

QUOTE (VernonKoekemoer @ Oct 6 2012, 01:50 PM) *
    LOOOOOVE this. Great choice on the wheels and I think the ride height is perfect with those coilovers. Red is definitely the best colour on these.

Straight line speed arent its forte i know but whats this thing like pace wise? Handling?

Handling is everything all the reviews have made it out to be. It's so direct and combined with the amount of feedback fed through to the driver, it just begs for twisties. I've been driving for over 17years now and I cannot recall a car which inspires/instills me with as much confidence as this thing does.

QUOTE (Bug Boy @ Oct 6 2012, 05:28 PM) *
    Looks good mate. Well done.

I saw a BRZ the other day with NOT 86 on the plates lol.

Hahahahaha, that's gold.

QUOTE (Turbo Tim @ Oct 6 2012, 06:06 PM) *
    Saw this out at a bayside hospital, like the plates!

Pretty sure it was stock wheels then though.

Yes, they would have been stock then. The Work Kiwamis only went on this morning.

Boostn32GTR
    Post #13

very tatsy!!! kudos man... Kiwamis look sweet, and still not many around just yet, im really suprised how big an offset these gaurds swallow...... .. none the less it all goes well.. maybe another 20mm front and rear and u have a winner!!

FA77
    Post #14

QUOTE (73GRA @ Oct 6 2012, 01:21 PM) *
    Yeah, that's pretty much my sentiment too. Unfortunately we need to prepare ourselves, as white is by far the most popular colour.

Why is that...? are toyota charging extra for real paint lol..

73GRA
    Post #15

QUOTE (FA77 @ Oct 6 2012, 07:13 PM) *
    Why is that...? are toyota charging extra for real paint lol..

Haha, could be. The Mount Fuji Red that I have is actually $500 cheaper than all the other colours as it's the only non-pearlescent colour available.

matto9018
    Post #16

Those cars are seriously starting to grow on me now, might look into it next 6 months!!
    Nice ride tho!!

bustage
    Post #17

4x4 spec!

Strel
    Post #18

Well done with mods so far! Any particular reason you chose 8.5 fronts and not 9.5? I was under the impression that the front guards allow for a much wider wheel. And what tyre spec did you get? 225/40?

I can't wait to see more of these (and BRZ's) on the roads.

73GRA
    Post #19

QUOTE (Strel @ Oct 7 2012, 07:09 PM) *
    Any particular reason you chose 8.5 fronts and not 9.5? I was under the impression that the front guards allow for a much wider wheel. And what tyre spec did you get? 225/40?

9.5 on the front would be overkill. Heck, you could even argue, with good reason, that the wheels I have on there are overkill already for the 147kW. The guards are rolled from factory, but it's the rears that allow for a much wider wheel. If my memory serves me well, there is a guy in the USA with 10 or 10.5inch on the rear.

I have 225/40/R18 on the front, and 245/35/R18 on the rear.

ITS2EZ
    Post #20

this looks mint!! but yes does need more low. about 2 or so inches tongue.gif

11SLI
    Post #21

can definitely get a 10in on the rear as a mate has a silver 86 with matt black 20x10s on it in the 'Stance' brand thru Stylish Wheels...

NOL499
    Post #22

Looks nice as with the wheels, n yeh a little better fitment would look way better cambered out a bit, but thats just me, fk the law. But remove the number plate border off the back.

Turbo Tim
    Post #23

Seen again today. Choice of wheels and fitment is pretty spot on in person. Don't want to go messing around with the geometry too much to appease the stance crowd, especially with all the effort that went into the 86 to make it a lively handling thing in the first place.

I swear these things are mocking me, seen 3 red 86's in the past day and mine still doesn't arrive for another 2 months!

73GRA
    Post #24

QUOTE (Turbo Tim @ Oct 9 2012, 05:07 PM) *
    Choice of wheels and fitment is pretty spot on in person. Don't want to go messing around with the geometry too much to appease the stance crowd, especially with all the effort that went into the 86 to make it a lively handling thing in the first place.

That was my greatest concern about the new wheels. Fortunately, the larger and wider staggered setup has not resulted in understeer, or greatly changed the car's dynamics. I can still control the car with the throttle and get the rear end out as desired.

Strel
    Post #25

saw this the other day on finucane rd, alex hills. looks great in person mate! so jealous of all you 86/BRZ owners (but i am yet to see a BRZ on the road...)

02GZM
    Post #26

Sexy car. Looks even better in person too smile.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x