Chupzy
  • Chupzy
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 227,292
Post #1 post 21st September 2012 - 02:29 PM
Series 1 R33 Gts-t
Engine: Rb25det

Exhaust: Apexi Dunk 115 from Japan

Suspension: lowered on some sort of aftermarket shocks+springs but not sure what brand.

Wheels: Rota P45r's in silver 18x9.5 +12 all round

Modifications: Front mount, Pod filter, Grounded standard boost solenoid

Stereo Audio / Visual: Kenwood headunit and speakers

Estimated Power: Close to stock so approx 180rwkw

Hey guys just putting up my 33. Haven't had it for long but have started to change things slowly.Changed the wheels for 20" chromies to these rota's. Not looking to run more than standard boost at the moment although I just recieved a turbosmart boost tee in the mail so that may change. Not sure on the colour but most people seem to think its midnight purple so ill run with that untill someone tells me otherwise. C+C welcome provoke.gif

This post has been edited by Chupzy: Oct 31 2012, 09:11 PM
1995 Nissan Skyline Hr33 Gts-t

Comments

• Boost Network 80
  • 95_librat_gt
    Post #2

looks tidy mate. good choice of wheels also thumbsup.gif

sr_silvia
    Post #3

Looks good, colour looks to be midnight purple. May want to remove that blue/white GT badge on the back as that was used for the non turbo models smile.gif Wheels are nice

Chupzy
    Post #4

Thanks guys. Yeah Im notbsurebwhy the previous owner put the na badges on. They don't really bother me that much as I think it will be more of a hassle getting them off after the amount of silicone/glue/stickyshit the guy used.

anwonystylez
    Post #5

Looks tidy as. Good luck with it.

NOL499
    Post #6

I like it man, i just dont like the bodykit, not saying its ugly but there is tidier ones out there, something more straight? Very clean 9/10 R33

MAFIA
    Post #7

other than the sideskirts and the gt badges it looks awesome,nice colour!

liamr396
    Post #8

paint the mesh black

Chupzy
    Post #9

QUOTE (liamr396 @ Sep 21 2012, 05:19 PM) *
    paint the mesh black

Haha it's on the 'to do' list :) also will be painting the intercooler black as it is a bit mangled but holds pressure fine.

matto9018
    Post #10

Makes me miss my R33... Love those colours!!

Cheers

Dazza9421
    Post #11

thumbsup.gif

Bouncy1992
    Post #12

love the color, looks tidy as as well man,rims are sweet, to bad its a 33 not a 32 ;P

gutless
    Post #13

QUOTE (Bouncy1992 @ Sep 22 2012, 07:05 PM) *
    love the color, looks tidy as as well man,rims are sweet, to bad its a 33 not a 32 ;P

Shut up.

OT: Looks awesome mate!

Are you sure its a Series 1 and not a series 1.5?

Should get rid of those badges even if its tricky with how they have been attached and depending on what sort of kits you like i would say there are 3 good options
    1:stick with the 400R and change the mesh to black and the indicators to orange

2:GTR front bar would look pretty boss

3:if you like big front bars i would suggest DO-Luck, Top Secret or the BN sports look i chose for my 33

Also depending on what you do with your indicators, it make a serious difference when you install nismo clear side indicators smile.gif

But at the end of the day, if you like everything you got going on there, then thats how you're living and you should stick to it wink.gif
    Its still an awesome looking R33!

Run 10PSI wink.gif

Bouncy1992
    Post #14

@GUTLESS haha nope i complemented hi car and you tell me to shut up lol get a life man and stop being a keyboard warrior, and lol that was my cheek comment haha u just got mad cause you dont have a 32 huh got stuck with a 33 with an extraordinarily ugly front bar tongue.gif

@OP oh and i reckon the GTR front bar would look tacky on a non GTR, personally i think the front bar looks awesome as is, and man i said before but damn i love that color, nice find smile.gif

Chupzy
    Post #15

Haha thanks again guys. Look if it was up to me it would probably be a stock body with no kits. That was the previous owners style not really mine. Will probably go with what gutless said with option 1 and just gO with what Iv got. A quick question for you guys as it seems a few of you have skylines.... Are you indicators really fast? I have no bulbs out afaik but I swear my indicators flash twice as fast as most other cars. Maybe I should check the flasher relay?

Ps: I secretly wish it was a 32 aswell :p haha. I only bought this one as it was really cheap off a mate and I couldn't stand driving a fwd lancer around!

Chupzy
    Post #16

Oh I forgot to add, yeah I think it is a s1 as I'm pretty confident it's a s1 motor. It has the igniter for the coilpacks ontop of that plastic cover, not built into the coilpacks, but if you can see anything suggesting its a 1.5 I would been keen to know what it is?

swervedriver
    Post #17

Stockish rb25det r33 makes roughly 150rwkw

Bouncy1992
    Post #18

QUOTE (Chupzy @ Sep 23 2012, 07:23 AM) *
    Haha thanks again guys. Look if it was up to me it would probably be a stock body with no kits. That was the previous owners style not really mine. Will probably go with what gutless said with option 1 and just gO with what Iv got. A quick question for you guys as it seems a few of you have skylines.... Are you indicators really fast? I have no bulbs out afaik but I swear my indicators flash twice as fast as most other cars. Maybe I should check the flasher relay?

Ps: I secretly wish it was a 32 aswell tongue.gif haha. I only bought this one as it was really cheap off a mate and I couldn't stand driving a fwd lancer around!

haha yah buddy 32 ftw lol but this is one of the few 33's i like the look off

Chupzy
    Post #19

Just finished cleaning the AAC valve and taping up the coil packs and now the car is running better than ever. Did run into a bit of trouble with the neighbour as I tested it down the road as it wasn't running right, rev hunting hard and stalling. He came and had a go at me telling me to take my car to a garage ( at 2pm on a Sunday right outside my unit). Anyway, it was just a hose that had come off so we put it back on and smooth boost once more :))

gutless
    Post #20

QUOTE (Bouncy1992 @ Sep 23 2012, 02:48 AM) *
    @GUTLESS haha nope i complemented hi car and you tell me to shut up lol get a life man and stop being a keyboard warrior, and lol that was my cheek comment haha u just got mad cause you dont have a 32 huh got stuck with a 33 with an extraordinarily ugly front bar tongue.gif

Sick burn! I never want a 32 GTS. Not interested in outdated front ends and goatlicker engines rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Chupzy @ Sep 23 2012, 07:23 AM) *

Your front indicators are probably Led and need an Led Flasher can or there is another method to make them work properly but i cant remember.

QUOTE (Chupzy @ Sep 23 2012, 07:26 AM) *
    Oh I forgot to add, yeah I think it is a s1 as I'm pretty confident it's a s1 motor. It has the igniter for the coilpacks ontop of that plastic cover, not built into the coilpacks, but if you can see anything suggesting its a 1.5 I would been keen to know what it is?

If it has the ignitor separate from the packs then its definitely series 1 motor. The sign that pointed me towards thinking 1.5 was that AFAIK most 1995 models were 1.5 but yours must be an early early 95 model

QUOTE (Chupzy @ Sep 23 2012, 03:31 PM) *
    Just finished cleaning the AAC valve and taping up the coil packs and now the car is running better than ever. Did run into a bit of trouble with the neighbour as I tested it down the road as it wasn't running right, rev hunting hard and stalling. He came and had a go at me telling me to take my car to a garage ( at 2pm on a Sunday right outside my unit). Anyway, it was just a hose that had come off so we put it back on and smooth boost once more smile.gif)

If you havent already, check all intercooler pipe clamps and connections and check for any splits in vacuum lines over the vacuum nipples. that tends to happen to the vacuum line coming off the back of the inlet manifold facing the firewall as mine and a few mates have had it just keep splitting.
    If you can, either take it to a mechanic that can do a boost leak test or set up some way that you can use an air gun and a compressor into the inlet without air coming back out so you can check for pressure leaks.
    Something random to add is if you ever need to remove the breather hose that goes between the tappet covers, you usually will have to use boiling water or some sort of heating implement to soften them up for removal otherwise they will just break and you will need new ones which is a pain.

Chupzy
    Post #21

QUOTE (gutless @ Sep 23 2012, 03:58 PM) *
    Sick burn! I never want a 32 GTS. Not interested in outdated front ends and goatlicker engines rolleyes.gif

Your front indicators are probably Led and need an Led Flasher can or there is another method to make them work properly but i cant remember.

If it has the ignitor separate from the packs then its definitely series 1 motor. The sign that pointed me towards thinking 1.5 was that AFAIK most 1995 models were 1.5 but yours must be an early early 95 model

If you havent already, check all intercooler pipe clamps and connections and check for any splits in vacuum lines over the vacuum nipples. that tends to happen to the vacuum line coming off the back of the inlet manifold facing the firewall as mine and a few mates have had it just keep splitting.
    If you can, either take it to a mechanic that can do a boost leak test or set up some way that you can use an air gun and a compressor into the inlet without air coming back out so you can check for pressure leaks.
    Something random to add is if you ever need to remove the breather hose that goes between the tappet covers, you usually will have to use boiling water or some sort of heating implement to soften them up for removal otherwise they will just break and you will need new ones which is a pain.

Thanks for the reply. I won't have to take it to a enhance because I found the leak, the Giant hose going to the intake was popped off. Mustn't have tigened the hose clamp properly. Yeah the hoses really annoy me. I'm slowly going to replace them all vi should be able to get parts cheap from work sovi might get better clamps as well. I'm starting to hate the body kit as I scrape everywhere and it's a daily. My driveway to the set of nitsis really steep because of the angle of the road and I am running out of paint under the front end. dunno.gif

Bouncy1992
    Post #22

@gutless - that outdated end just so happens to be funking sexy lol lets not get started on front ends ayy after all yours is the worst i have seen on a skyline, i hope you got it for free cause the only thing that is good for is a bonfire tongue.gif

gutless
    Post #23

QUOTE (Chupzy @ Sep 23 2012, 04:07 PM) *
    Thanks for the reply. I won't have to take it to a enhance because I found the leak, the Giant hose going to the intake was popped off. Mustn't have tigened the hose clamp properly. Yeah the hoses really annoy me. I'm slowly going to replace them all vi should be able to get parts cheap from work sovi might get better clamps as well. I'm starting to hate the body kit as I scrape everywhere and it's a daily. My driveway to the set of nitsis really steep because of the angle of the road and I am running out of paint under the front end. dunno.gif

I wasnt really referring to the problem you had, this is something you wanna do so you can fix it before you end up on the side of the road or something.

QUOTE (Bouncy1992 @ Sep 23 2012, 04:09 PM) *
    @gutless - that outdated end just so happens to be funking sexy lol lets not get started on front ends ayy after all yours is the worst i have seen on a skyline, i hope you got it for free cause the only thing that is good for is a bonfire tongue.gif

haha. you are a child. have a nice life wink.gif

Chupzy
    Post #24

QUOTE (Bouncy1992 @ Sep 23 2012, 04:09 PM) *

Keep the negativity out hey mate? Personal preference is all it comes down too. I don't mind the s2 front ends. gutless' build thread was an entertaining read for me a few weeks ago. You have done wel IMO.

gutless
    Post #25

QUOTE (Chupzy @ Sep 23 2012, 04:14 PM) *
    Keep the negativity out hey mate? Personal preference is all it comes down too. I don't mind the s2 front ends. gutless' build thread was an entertaining read for me a few weeks ago. You have done wel IMO.

Thank you good sir smile.gif

Bouncy1992
    Post #26

QUOTE (gutless @ Sep 23 2012, 09:46 PM) *
    Thank you good sir smile.gif

haha toughen up lads just a bit of truthful critism but hey if he likes it then whatever mamoru.gif its his car each to their own

gutless
    Post #27

QUOTE (Bouncy1992 @ Sep 23 2012, 09:49 PM) *
    haha toughen up lads just a bit of truthful critism but hey if he likes it then whatever mamoru.gif its his car each to their own

To be truthful is to say you dont like something and why. Like i dont like very small displacement 6s with no torque and thats my preference because i prefer a better drive than flogging my top end for some juice. You coming out with childish bogan slander about thats the worst and you should burn it and you're just jelly is just crude insults that offer no criticism whatsoever. Doesnt matter what you own on this members rides forum, what matters is your attitude and yours can be a bit off at times. Think before you speak a bit more often and it will all be gravy smile.gif

This is a freaking nice 33 Coupe smile.gif

Bouncy1992
    Post #28

QUOTE (gutless @ Sep 23 2012, 10:01 PM) *
    To be truthful is to say you dont like something and why. Like i dont like very small displacement 6s with no torque and thats my preference because i prefer a better drive than flogging my top end for some juice. You coming out with childish bogan slander about thats the worst and you should burn it and you're just jelly is just crude insults that offer no criticism whatsoever. Doesnt matter what you own on this members rides forum, what matters is your attitude and yours can be a bit off at times. Think before you speak a bit more often and it will all be gravy smile.gif

This is a freaking nice 33 Coupe smile.gif

smal displacement for now that is, 180wkw is fine for me at the moment, probs be 200 after tune but now looking at starting my real project, a RB30/26/25, just gotta decide the head is all and who to get to build it, been looking at R.I.P.S hsdance.gif

but yeh i agree this is one of the best looking 33's that i have seen

gutless
    Post #29

QUOTE (Bouncy1992 @ Sep 23 2012, 10:38 PM) *
    smal displacement for now that is, 180wkw is fine for me at the moment, probs be 200 after tune but now looking at starting my real project, a RB30/26/25, just gotta decide the head is all and who to get to build it, been looking at R.I.P.S hsdance.gif

but yeh i agree this is one of the best looking 33's that i have seen

How much do you plan on spending?

Bouncy1992
    Post #30

QUOTE (gutless @ Sep 23 2012, 10:44 PM) *
    How much do you plan on spending?

for everything (engine, manifolds, turbo etc ) hoping to keep it under 20k

gutless
    Post #31

QUOTE (Bouncy1992 @ Sep 23 2012, 10:50 PM) *
    for everything (engine, manifolds, turbo etc ) hoping to keep it under 20k

Doable. But if complications regarding that amount arise, DO NOT cut corners on anything when building a 30 otherwise that money goes down the drain.

But let us not clog this thread up with banter.

Bouncy1992
    Post #32

QUOTE (gutless @ Sep 23 2012, 10:57 PM) *
    Doable. But if complications regarding that amount arise, DO NOT cut corners on anything when building a 30 otherwise that money goes down the drain.

But let us not clog this thread up with banter.

lol true true i think we came to the conclusion that OP has one tidy 33 in the end thumbsup.gif now back to that commodore thread for lols

Chupzy
    Post #33

update: changed the indicators to orange today. Was going to paint the mesh but got slack aha. Anyone that doesnt like how the intercooler sits can feel free to come around and help me get it straight. smile.gif Also including some pics of the damage getting done to my gaurds because of the new 9.5" wide rims. Thinking maybe getting the gaurds lipped is the best option at this time. Anyone know an approximate price to get all 4 done?

gutless
    Post #34

very nice!

XRumerTest
    Post #35

Hello. And Bye.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 3
    Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x