Pod Filter Pass Road Worthy? - About to get a road worthy done.  

JammerLammy
  • JammerLammy
  • Site Newbie
  • Member No.: 57,635
Post #1 post 18th January 2007 - 06:39 PM
I've got a pod filter in my R33 skyline, was wondering if it's legal? or does it need to be separate from the engine bay?

Thanks
ro7ang
Post #2

You will pass roadworthy, depending on how it's done you can still get defected for it though.

eighty-eight
Post #3

you will pass.

57EAM
Post #4

SEARCHING IF YOUR FRIEND.

Its legal as all as its secured properly and has a heat shield.

Stuit
Post #5

QUOTE(57EAM @ Jan 19 2007, 12:41 PM) [snapback]1280687131[/snapback]

SEARCHING IF YOUR FRIEND.
Its legal as all as its secured properly and has a heat shield.

it doesnt need a heat shield, just has to be properly secured.

51NGL
Post #6

long as its sercured by a proper bracket (auto bahn now sell these in capalaba) and doesnt require a heat sheald, then u will be fine smile.gif

also i hope u dont have a front mount....cos then ur fukd lol

Rookie ROX
Post #7

QUOTE(51NGL @ Jan 19 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]1280687460[/snapback]

long as its sercured by a proper bracket (auto bahn now sell these in capalaba) and doesnt require a heat sheald, then u will be fine smile.gif

Not quite sure how you can sell a bracket when each car is different huh.gif

And front mounts are completely legal if you haven't removed any of the crumble zone of your car, nor put your piping through your battery tray. Otherwise a simple mod plate can legalise that.

If it's secure, you shouldn't have a problem. If you're concerned, stick the stock airbox back in.

Edit: Despite the fact this question has been answered umpteenth times, why ask the question now and not when you put it on? rolleyes.gif

ROCK ON
R~R

Stuit
Post #8

QUOTE(51NGL @ Jan 19 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]1280687460[/snapback]

if the front mount didnt require you to cut anything and doesnt protrude out of the car then im pretty sure theyre perfectly legal.

Manic 180
Post #9

and a zip tie dosnet count as secured smile.gif
use a metal braket

sick_sr20de
Post #10

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Jan 19 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]1280687757[/snapback]

Not quite sure how you can sell a bracket when each car is different huh.gif

OMG ROOKIE doesnt know something!!!!!! First time..

Well the bracket is simply a 25cm piece of steel about 1mm thick and 25mm wide. Its got a hook at the end. U hoseclamp the hook to the pod and u bend the metal out to fit to any bolt in ur engine bay

57EAM
Post #11

I thought it needed a heat shield due to them being a fire hazard in the case of a backfire. dunno.gif

obrim
Post #12

I think people get confused about the heat-shield deal.

In QLD all you need is for it to be properly secured.

In NSW it must be secured and separate from the engine bay ie. heatshield, enclosure etc.

Well thats my understanding anyway.

70XIN
Post #13

i think someone just needs a hug smile.gif awwwwww

57EAM
Post #14

QUOTE(70XIN @ Jan 19 2007, 05:48 PM) [snapback]1280688654[/snapback]

i think someone just needs a hug smile.gif awwwwww

From you, anyday wub

51NGL
Post #15

QUOTE(sick_sr20de @ Jan 19 2007, 05:40 PM) [snapback]1280688625[/snapback]

OMG ROOKIE doesnt know something!!!!!! First time..

Well the bracket is simply a 25cm piece of steel about 1mm thick and 25mm wide. Its got a hook at the end. U hoseclamp the hook to the pod and u bend the metal out to fit to any bolt in ur engine bay

BINGO!!! thumbsup.gif

they're adjustable fitting.

and as for the FMIC. i was under the impression that u were not allowed a pod AND front mounted inter cooler. nothing bout 'pertruding or what not'

Rookie ROX
Post #16

What relation does a pod filter and intercooler have for safety?

As for the 'secure adaptor', following that description, I think I'll stick with what I have already. That and I tend not to spend all my time and money shopping at Autobarn, so I'm in no way ashamed of not knowing smile.gif

ROCK ON
R~R

51NGL
Post #17

edit for argument sake

Stuit
Post #18

QUOTE(51NGL @ Jan 19 2007, 10:42 PM) [snapback]1280689318[/snapback]

and as for the FMIC. i was under the impression that u were not allowed a pod AND front mounted inter cooler. nothing bout 'pertruding or what not'

no such rule. as long as the front mount fits without cutting anything and doesnt protrude outside of the car its fine. a pod filter has nothing to do with a front mount either.

BozzA
Post #19

QUOTE(51NGL @ Jan 19 2007, 10:42 PM) [snapback]1280689318[/snapback]

BINGO!!! thumbsup.gif

they're adjustable fitting.

Are you from VIC? I think thats the only place that has such rule, something about only being allowed to have 1 intake mod.

51NGL
Post #20

i guess i stand corrected.

jeffers1987
Post #21

i think singl was referring to the topic starters avatar pic when asking about having front mount.

TAINTED180
Post #22

can anyone recommend a place on the Gold Coast to get a mod plate for a FMIC that goes through the battery tray?

15uzu
Post #23

QUOTE(ro7ang @ Jan 19 2007, 12:40 PM) [snapback]1280687127[/snapback]

You will pass roadworthy, depending on how it's done you can still get defected for it though.

I'm assuming you're one of those people who accept the coppers bullshit excuses for defects head_wall.gif

If your vehicle is passed as roadworthy with a modification, there is nothing the coppers can do or say - they can write you out a ticket, & you can say to them see you in court & the magistrate will nullify it (the ticket) as the vehicle was deemed roadworthy with the modification. If you are worried about it, have the roadworthy inspector specifically write the brand & type of filter on the certificate & carry it around in your glovebox.

Don't ever let a cop try to bluff you into accepting a ticket. thumbsup.gif

Aaron vn
Post #24

I have just baught a pod filter for my VN and i am just wondering do i just strap it streight on or is there something that i have to do first

toyotagemini
Post #25

this past roadworthy

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x