1998 Holden Commodore S VT  

dagoodz01
  • dagoodz01
  • New User
  • Member No.: 250,676
Post #1 post 23rd September 2012 - 02:03 AM
Engine: 3.8L Ecotec V6

Exhaust: Pacemaker Extractor into Custom Y Piece, High Flow Bokka 100CFM Cat Into RedBack 2 1/2 Catbak

Suspension: FE2

Wheels: 17" Verde Stilletto

Color: B171 Raven Mica

Modifications: 75mm TB, Yella Terra Roller Rockers 1.9:1, CompCam Stage 2, Mace Engineering CAI, 8HND SuperCharged Gearbox, Polished Plenium, HSV Silver Dash And Surroundings, XU6 Blash Dash Cluster, Blue Neons Under Footwells And Seats, Blue LED Interior Lighting, Calais Rear Courtesy Lights. Few More Engine Mods Just Cant Think Of Them Atm, Also Full Nolathane Rubber Kit Right Round, Aftermarket Tail Lights, GTO Rear Spoiler, Yella Terra supercharged Kit

Stereo Audio / Visual: Kicker CVR Alloy x2 In 2 Ohm Load, Tuned kicker Box, Kicker Zx700.5 Amp, Kicker Component KS65.2 Front 6 1/2, Kicker KS69 Rear 6x9,Boss 10 Farad Capacitor, 2 Gauge Wiring Kit. 2011 JVC Headunit.

Estimated Power: 170kw

Need Feedback On Car, Payed $1400 For It.

This post has been edited by dagoodz01: Sep 30 2012, 05:55 PM
1998 Holden Commodore S Vt

Comments

• Boost Network 0
  • *Tricky*
    Post #2

Pretty sure it doesn't make 170kw.

Definately not my cuppa' tea, but meh... Not overly bad at $1400.

relinquish
    Post #3

funking gay

FA77
    Post #4

why the overload of ecotec today...

did they change the name to bogancruising.com?

Wraith
    Post #5

Not a bad pickup for $1400 but I wouldn't be caught dead in it.

dagoodz01
    Post #6

has LSD and Heaps More Mods Got A Folder With About 15000 Worth Of Reciepts

80XZR
    Post #7

relinquish
    Post #8

BW Cone LSD's are sh!t, Bogans dont know that tho, You might learn one day, Might be a bit step but you might get there if you try

dagoodz01
    Post #9

went through recents and has also had a port and polish jus bout there to install a m90 supercharger

clucky-7
    Post #10

LOL @ 170 KW

SiKWiKD
    Post #11

QUOTE (dagoodz01 @ Sep 23 2012, 08:46 PM) *
    went through recents and has also had a port and polish jus bout there to install a m90 supercharger

what dunno.gif

yella terra roller rockers on a ecotech why funken bother factory roller engines should pop your tappet cover probably find their isnt

Bouncy1992
    Post #12

im assuming that 170kw is after you put the supercharger on tongue.gif

dagoodz01
    Post #13

waiting on hood scoop http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170854900034?ss...9#ht_2147wt_962 and then hood is going to be sprayed same color as rest of the car, looking for new rims at 20" going away from chrome, was just a set i had at home, and then m90 xu6 conversion and retune. any other mods that i could do to get near 190kw want to make it for burnouts on weekend as have a exa for wekdays

Wraith
    Post #14

You know the L67 supercharger doesn't just bolt on right?

dagoodz01
    Post #15

nope thought it would just needed to get a spacer from mace and fix all the vac lines cause have the loom come with it off me mate

dagoodz01
    Post #16

cheers mate, just looked into it and now going to call me mate and see what he doing with the engine, save meself alot of hassle,

Wraith
    Post #17

So wait you spent a heap of money thinking you could just throw a L67 supercharger on? Oh boy.

*Tricky*
    Post #18

Exterior wise:

- Get some VX tail lights for a cleaner look
    - funk those wheels off and try some SSV's or VE GTS wheels etc.
    - Make car all one colour
    - Clean those headlights

And you'll have yourself a nicely polished turd. thumbsup.gif

dagoodz01
    Post #19

QUOTE (Wraith @ Sep 23 2012, 10:30 PM) *
    So wait you spent a heap of money thinking you could just throw a L67 supercharger on? Oh boy.

nah no money man, me mate is upgrading his vx series 2 s pack supercharged , he bought a yella terra one and gave me his old one, he also has a donor car in his yard which i got the wiring loom outa was just saving for the rest of the stuff, unemployed atm and searching for a job so this is a project car that is going to take forever lol, but yeh so far have not spent nothing except for buying the car

dagoodz01
    Post #20

QUOTE (*Tricky* @ Sep 23 2012, 10:31 PM) *
    Exterior wise:

- Get some VX tail lights for a cleaner look
    - funk those wheels off and try some SSV's or VE GTS wheels etc.
    - Make car all one colour
    - Clean those headlights

was looking at VZ SV6 Rims at 18 inch maybe as me brother had a set when he owned a vt all those years ago, the hood i was planning on getting painted as my first priority when i get employed and finally have the hood scoop. have a spare set of headlights of of my mates donor car that look as if they brand new, just dont want to put them in while car still looks like POS, mise well wait till i got the rest of engine stuff of me mate and then do hood or look around for stok on same color, love the polished turd comment mate. light wise do i go vx garnish with the tail ights

dagoodz01
    Post #21

Estimated Power Is What It Will Be As me Mate has Allready Done The Same Before He Started To Upgrade Again And He had 170 with super and 14 psi. as far as i know i ve done everything bar the bottom end for the m90 conversion.

96PSI
    Post #22

Why Do You Type Like This All The Time?

luxo barge
    Post #23

QUOTE (96PSI @ Sep 24 2012, 09:38 AM) *
    Why Do You Type Like This All The Time?

Because He Is Full Of sh!t.

75 KINGSWOOD
    Post #24

assuming that your a lying scumbag, as a result of your other failed "members ride" none of the engine work is true. You wasted your center link cheque on a piece of sh!t, go use it to pay for something worthwhile, that way we dont have to pay for your shitty mods

Faun-
    Post #25

this same fella is spreading bullsht all over members rides

Joyrid3r
    Post #26

QUOTE (*Tricky* @ Sep 23 2012, 10:31 PM) *

But who would want the shiny sh!t?

I have no idea what OP is attempting to write so I can't contribute, sorry.

KammdUP
    Post #27

Oh dear, the 'top swap' supercharged top end conversion is very complicated and time consuming.
    You'll need:
    The charger
    The lower intake manifold
    The supercharged heads (yes they are rather different)
    L67 fuel rails
    Injectors
    Supercharged twin belt balancer
    The various extra idler pulleys
    The coolant pipe that wraps around the motor
    A l67 computer or flash an l67 tune into the computer
    You need to swap looms or modify your loom
    Plus all of the gaskets to go with it
    If you are actually that keen, just buy a whole motor, it's INFINITELY easier to just sit it in and go from there and you aren't hunting for tiny parts to make it all work.
    That's what I would do if I could do it over again

Also, it's not running a comp stage 2(xh hot) AND 1.9s
    It simply won't work, way too much lift even if the valve guides have 100thou taken off.

Gerry Giraffe
    Post #28

He is trolling, same with his other thread......

dagoodz01
    Post #29

QUOTE (KammdUP @ Sep 25 2012, 01:36 AM) *
    Oh dear, the 'top swap' supercharged top end conversion is very complicated and time consuming.
    You'll need:
    The charger
    L67 fuel rails
    Injectors
    If you are actually that keen, just buy a whole motor, it's INFINITELY easier to just sit it in and go from there and you aren't hunting for tiny parts to make it all work.

It simply won't work, way too much lift even if the valve guides have 100thou taken off.

Does Work Mate, Search Google And Find Mae Engineering, They Do Their Own Comp Stage 2 Cam And Comes With A Chip, But if You Talk To Them They Will Tell You That It Does Work And They Do It. 1.98:1 and Mace Comp Cam 2

dagoodz01
    Post #30

QUOTE (KammdUP @ Sep 25 2012, 01:36 AM) *
    You'll need:
    The charger
    L67 fuel rails
    Injectors

http://www.maceengineering.com.au/epages/s...Products/CAM607 link to cam, turns out i have a crow cam inside me car , they made them for high ratio setups no need to have anything taken of the head. check out the link mate

dagoodz01
    Post #31

Just Got A Whole Engine For Cheap, Well Cheaper Then What Would Have Been Due To Allready Haveing The Supercharged Gearbox In It Allready. Any Mods to get it to 190kw

dagoodz01
    Post #32

engine in and running, tryin to work out if i can use a HSV XU6 Memcal Without Any Problems, Any1 Have Any Ideas?

dagoodz01
    Post #33

Done The Conversion So Thought I Would Load Some Photos For The Haters To Go On bout The Engine Now. Just Trying To Find XU6 Memcal If Anyone Knows Where To Get One From Could U PM Me

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x