Post #71

Thankx for all the effort mattson. Should be a great day. tongue.gif

mattson
Post #72

Twas nothin'

biggrin.gif

Jezboosted
Post #73

sounds like a good cruise, i will meet up at the nerang macca's (it's good when ya sister lives 200 meters from it) but the macca's car park aint that big !! the car park behind maries pizza is massive tho so ya might wanna meet there ?

mattson
Post #74

JezBoosted, welcome aboard

I think the maccas car park will do for now.. as it seems there will only be about 10-15 cars leaving at nerang..

If by next week we seem to have more people leaving nerang I'll change it do the Maries car park..

biggrin.gif

Cheers,

SHI71
Post #75

Yeah count me in I should be there as long as I dont have to work!

S14a_On_Boost
Post #76

Firstly a big thanx to Mattson for putting this together so well lets hope it goes off alright.

Secondly, Mattson me and my mates will be meetin up with the pack at either sunnybank or aspley. Most likely aspley. But either way we'll seeya on the cruise.

HYPERformance B4
Post #77

Should be fun, count me in!

the red krawler
Post #78

Mattson,

You got some great ideas and I reckon the effort you put into organising this was insane. Most boostcruising.com cruises are organised by "wanna go lapping?" "Uhm ok" smile.gif

Just a few thoughts....

(1) Driving with your parkers on is annoying and I believe illegal.

(2) Trying to break people up into organised groups of 6 or so is a waste of time. Given that everyone has a copy of the cruise details (3 cheers for .pdf) I think just let people run themselves. The highway straights and the stops along the way will ensure that if anybody gets lost they'll catch up again anyway.

(3) Dont like all the rules about no overtaking and stuff. Dammit, if people wanna race, let em race smile.gif They'll be the ones to lose the licenses. On the other hand, people acting like dickheads (racing in traffic etc) deserve a spanking : I duno. What a paradoxx.

mattson
Post #79

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the positive feedback, really it was nothing... If people wanna get involved like you all have and let me know what you guys all wanna do orginising something is a peice of cake.

I didn't know about the parker thing... fair enough.. point taken.

Rules are just in there to be rules.. so if something does happen people can't turn around and blame boostcruising or myself or anyone else.. they run their own risk.

I might be updating the PDF again soon... to list alternative parking spots if we get huge numbers as I don't think some of the meeting maccas parks will hold big numbers biggrin.gif

If anything changes I'll make sure to post it!

Cheers,

Mcleod
Post #80

I just want to point out a few things:

1. This is the first actual cruise that I consider a 'boostcruising' cruise. Anything else is just random shit that many of us get up to on Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights. Mattson and I have worked closely on this one but I give him all the credit tongue.gif

2. Having everyone in the pack driving with parkers makes the pack very easy to identify, so you know who you are following etc. It makes life alot easier. We are talking about a day time cruise here with plenty of ordinary traffic, not a 300 car pile up on the M1.

3. The rules are standard car club cruise organisational rules. The breaking up into packs of six is probably the one rule you won't have to worry about.

Post #81

Where exactly are the roadworks on the Bruce Highway? I've been through there a couple of times lately but didnt' pay attention to exactly where they were.

avalonea
Post #82

The bruse hiway was alright. packed on a sunday arvo tho. dident see any road works biggrin.gif

BTW: its not iligal to drive with your lights/parkers on . i know for a fact that it is not illigal to drive with you lights on . so i dont see why parkers are a problem.

should be a great cruise and i cant wait!

`josh

mattson
Post #83

Yeah It should be good... I'm thinking the turnout should be pretty sweet... And I'm looking forward to meeting most of yas finally biggrin.gif

Post #84

I'll be there! This sounds like its going to be BIG, any idea how many people/cars are going?

mattson
Post #85

A lot I would think.... I've had so far about 20+ definates from Boostcruising alone... plus another 20+ from other clubs..

Plus a lot of tag alongs which is also good.. biggrin.gif

Cheers,

mattson
Post #86

Hi Guys... The cruise is still scheduled in for this weekend 10th of November on Sunday for anyone wanting information regarding the event please post as soon as possible... If you haven't got the itinerary already find it here:

https://www.boostcruising.com/members/matts...tson/Cruise.pdf

Anyone who is attending please make sure you are at the meeting points as outlined in the itinerary at the designated times, we will not be waiting much after the departure times.

Make sure you bring your UBD's, I took the time to put the waypoints in the directions which should make it easy to find where we're going none the less...

If anyone is still unsure as to where to meet etc and go between meeting points, please just jump in line behind me (Metallic blue WRX http://mattson.boostcruising.com/ with Gold Coast plates)

I'll also have a UHF so I'll be able to direct as best as I can if people get lost or stuck at lights etc..

For anyone with a camera make sure you take lotsa pictures for the site...

Um.. If I think or anymore information I'll make sure to post it in the meantime smile.gif

Cheers and hope to see ya there!

S14a_On_Boost
Post #87

I'd just like to take the oppurtunity to thank Mattson and Mcleod for organising this cruise. It sounds like it is gonna be HUGE. I'm really looking forward to it. Should be awesome. Anyone without a UHF it would be helpful if you have one as it will help you tenfold if you get lost or stuck.

mattson
Post #88

EVO_III_Onboost, kind words, thank you very much, but really it's not too much trouble at all.. Alls I hope is the day runs smoothly and everyone has fun....

If it goes well I might even orginise more! biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Anonymous
Post #89

Heheh

/me still coming (might be seedy, but I will be there)

ttsoarer
Post #90

LOOK OUT AT EUMUNDI

hI GUYS

not sure if you are heading through eumundi on your way north but i ripped off the spoiler at the new roundabout near the railway bridge heading north

go accross it on an angle and its not to bad

see ya on the coast

ttsoarer

Anonymous
Post #91

hahah

Can't be as good as when I took people (some with very low bodykits) cross country on the last cruise smile.gif

Heheh, I think it was avonlea on the CB who must have said "I just lost my spoiler" like 4 or 5 times heheh

I'm sure that people will welcome your advice (especially those with ground hugging kits)

avalonea
Post #92

i just went thu there friday and saturday didnt have and problems. they must have finished most of the road.

and yes my kit is low i dont think any one else will have problems if i didnt

mattson
Post #93

Thanks for the updates guys!...

One thing I always forget about is road height, even thuogh I'm not as worse off as some of you guys with less then 1 inch clearance to the dirt biggrin.gif

I'm usually fairly cautious when it comes to exploring new places, I'll be extra careful on the highway leaving maccas as I'm letting my mate drive the Aspley to Noosa Heads leg...

If I notice anything outta the ordinary I'll be sure to report it biggrin.gif

If your lucky I might even play DJ mattson on the UHF as I'll be testing out the mates new MP3 player wired in... LOL

Cheers,

BoostedS15
Post #94

Taking requests Dj mat? laugh.gif

Anonymous
Post #95

[quote]Taking requests Dj mat? laugh.gif[/quote]

*off topic*

DJ Jean, The Launch

Mr Oizo, Flat Beat

*/off topic*

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Post #96

dj mat ummmmmmm no

mattson
Post #97

Hahaha... OK OK, it looks like me mondo dj'ing abilities are going to be limited to my car only..

laugh.gif

the red krawler
Post #98

[quote]Hahaha... OK OK, it looks like me mondo dj'ing abilities are going to be limited to my car only..

laugh.gif[/quote]

Yes, naughty Mattson.

Rule 1 of UHF CB ettiquete: Do NOT broadcast your music. It doesnt sound good. It might sound good on your dolby digital surround sound sub 'n' tweeter setup, but believe me - it doesnt sound good out of a 5W UHF handheld speaker smile.gif

(NB - Rule 2 - Dont speak utter crap when someone is trying to have a serious convo - eg "where do we turn next")

(Want more rules? I might suck at alot of things but not UHF ettiquete)

mattson
Post #99

Yeah I know mate I'm well familiar with the rules of the air biggrin.gif

Got heaps of mates who are truckies and they always whining about us little 4n6 bangers running around tying up their airwaves... lol

Yeah I had no intention of broadcasting my music over the UHF..

Speaking of UHF's make sure ya'll who have them bring them along...

And don't forget your itinerary on the day either... 8)

Cheers,

the red krawler
Post #100

I plan on remembering my UHF, my itinery and my pants.

Anything else is up to chance.

(of course, I may make a special effort to remember my car)

mattson
Post #101

LOL@Red Krawler

If I wasn't leading/orginising this cruise I'd be taking my yammi GP1200R up for sure.. I hear Noosa is the SHIZNIT for jet skiing...

BYO everything in the food department too remember ppls...

Cheers,

Mcleod
Post #102

I can see my girlfriend planning a BBQ or picnic or something, yet I'm sure I'll be happy with the local fast food around tongue.gif

Anonymous
Post #103

re : Channel shit talk

We select a channel for messages before we leave

if discussion gets fucked up, just say "guys please take it to channel 17 or something" so that the main co-ordination channel stays clear

mattson
Post #104

Ok Guys... I need some volunteers, I need two able men, or women to be my spotters/info dudes at Sunnybank and Aspley... mainly for any on the day questions..

I'll need two people who know the areas fairly well so if the car parks start filling up they can direct incoming cruisers elsewhere temporarily...

Anyone???

Either post here, PM or ICQ me...

Cheers,

mattson
Post #105

Still chasing some peeps to help as tour guides biggrin.gif

Really just need someone to put their hand up so people wanting to know if they are in the right place.

Cheers,

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x