Gold Coast to Sunshine Coast Cruise (QLD) 10th November  

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
cams116
Post #36

Noosa is SOO much better for skimboarding, and there is a chance that the porsche 959 might be seen, its worth it just for that, even if it is only a replica.

Mcleod
Post #37

I think Noosa is the better choice because it's more of a cruise, so we'll stick with the plan.

It's a longer distance, about twice as long as bris to maroochy, and afterall, we're going mostly for the drive rather than anything else right?

MM.. should be good, I haven't been up Noosa way since I went much further up the coast!

ParaDoxxx
Post #38

fair enough,

m,bah has much more of a car scene, and plenty of good beaches ?!!

anyway.. each to there own, i wont be going anyway:)

datto1200coupe
Post #39

INDY.... HOW COULD I FORGET!... (FREE TICKETS AFTERALL  :D )

Oki Doki... a change of date seems to be in order... how does NOVEMBER 10th grab yas?

Anyone who posts on performance forums feel free to update their boards too..

Anyone??

Cheers,

umm can u give me a free ticket? lol

S14a_On_Boost
Post #40

Count me in and i can provide a couple of mates in there cars will come too. Should be good. Yeah go the GHM way home for the scenic views.

mattson
Post #41

As much as M'bah might have a good racing scene the object of this outing is 'cruising' not 'racing'

Hence why it's an all day event, If people wanna hang around Mooloolabah afterwards, by all means there'll be ample oppurtunity to get off and head that way... Noosa has plenty of spots to stop and eat... and have a bit of a mingle... a bit of face to face never hurt anyone... biggrin.gif

It's going to be a good day.. lotsa people keen to have a good drive! and thats what I wanna see 8)

Cheers

the red krawler
Post #42

As much as M'bah might have a good racing scene the object of this outing is 'cruising' not 'racing'

Pht, cruising generally results in racing anyway smile.gif

And dont listen to paradoxx, he thinks 2 charades and a pulsar is a "big night" on the sunny coast smile.gif

AND cops are rife, like a 3k stretch of road which is ''the lap'' up the coast often has up to 5 cops on it (5 cops in 6k... not bad)... Anyway, eee-anne is gay.

Noosa has plenty of spots to stop and eat... and have a bit of a mingle... a bit of face to face never hurt anyone...  :D

A bit of face to face is going to hurt holdenbeater.

I know plenty of people who will spank him silly.

mattson
Post #43

LOL laugh.gif

mattson
Post #44

One other thing, peeps that aren't keen on doing the lunch thing at Noosa Kat from moroochydore pizza shop has kindly offered to look after anyone who feels like a bite of pizza...

If people feel like going that way let me know, I'll get the addy of the shop and post it..

itinerary coming soon biggrin.gif

Cheers,

BoostedS15
Post #45

Sounds like a great plan! See you at maccas nerang bright and early! Mcleod any chance of bringing some stickers down for the Coasters?

Im only new to the group and look forward to seeing some of your cars. heheh and getting ideas for my own!

mattson
Post #46

Cool No worries mate, look forward to it...

make sure to tell your friends... more the BETTER!

biggrin.gif .

BoostedS15
Post #47

Thanks mattson, hahah bout my mates, one of em just bought a new mini cooper s and would love to come! LOL as long as we dont leave him for dead!

51IDE
Post #48

I'll be up for that keep us posted, i'll meet use at sunnybank.

I'll tell the crew.

mattson
Post #49

No Worries, As soon as I type up the itinerary, I'll get McLeod to post it if I can't so people will be able to see it and grab all the details etc...

As for the Cooper S, I'm sure it won't have that much trouble keeping up.. I mean this is a good couple of hundred kilometers so fuel economy is a MUST! ohmy.gif

Cheers,

ttsoarer
Post #50

hi guys

i live up on the sc

just joined the forum and catch ya up here and cut a few laps

watch the cops ... noosa doesnt want .. undesireables ...

i get stopped all the time

mattson
Post #51

Yeah Thanks Dude,

We'll be totally invisible, No one will even know we're there! biggrin.gif

Cheers,

mattson
Post #52

For those who were interested in the Pizza thing instead of a BBQ, the shop I mentioned above is:

Who: La Porchetta pizza restaurant

Where: 93 aerodrome road maroochydore

Ask for Cat, She'll help ya's out biggrin.gif

Cheers

sinnie
Post #53

perhaps we should start getting a list of names?? just so we know how many cars to expect on the day.

Mcleod
Post #54

Count me in..

By the way, getting back to bris before 4 pm on a Sunday is a very good idea.. the traffic becomes chaos back from sunny coast late sunday arvo's.

mattson
Post #55

Ahh Yes... good point.. the ol' traffic problem.. hmm...

Because we're going back via Glass House mountains, there shouldn't be too many problems with traffic

But I'll have a look and see what I can do.. I should have the proper trip schedule by the end of the week...

As for names, I'll really be only able to get the guys/gals from this forum, as It's also open to MRTrally.com and QLD WRX club members too..

But I'll work on something to let yas know...

Cheers & thanks for feedback,

BoostedS15
Post #56

Looking forward to it! Is the bbq a definate? And I agree the traffic thru the Scenic trip on the return shouldn't be to heavy.

Mcleod
Post #57

We found on the Kilcoy cruise on the weekend that the traffic is a crawl from towards the end of the 110km/h zone at Caboolture down to burpengary or so, this was around 4.30 pm.

So it might be worth worrying about, I guess a little bit of traffic never hurt anyone? biggrin.gif

BoostedS15
Post #58

Traffic isn't a prob for all, but in my old ride , no air con!! THAT was a problem in traffic! LOL tongue.gif

mattson
Post #59

Yeah the traffic thing is a niggling factor stuck in the back of my mind, but shouldn't be too much of a problem I think we will be able to avoid most of it...

And BBQ is a definate for those who want that.. It will be BYO everything.. and I do mean EVERYTHING... biggrin.gif esky, meat/vege/salad, drinks everything! laugh.gif

I'll try to get a pretty decent PDF with a trip schedule/locations/etc hopefully mcleod will come to the party and upload it somewhere me ... haha

Cheers,

S14a_On_Boost
Post #60

Yeah count me in for sure and i've got a couple of mates comin with there cars. It should be an awesome cruise. Can't wait.

sinnie
Post #61

damn all these rexs, im gonna feel intimidated biggrin.gif

avalonea
Post #62

Few lads from my club will be comeing along tongue.gif prolly just meet yous at asply,

`josh

mattson
Post #63

Nah.. no need to feel intimidated... it's not a race afterall biggrin.gif

EVOIII_ON_BOOST, where are you going to meet the pack?

Cheers,

Mattson

Anonymous
Post #64

Few lads from my club will be comeing along tongue.gif prolly just meet yous at asply,

`josh

Get that I/C piping fixed? wink.gif

Yeah I'll most likely drag my butt out for this cruise...

I'll meet yous at Aspley or further south if I feel like it...

avalonea
Post #65

yeah mate. shes running sweet. havent had any problem but getten a problem at 16 pound. seams to cut :S thats another day.

there will be NO problems this time.

tongue.gif

`josh .

mattson
Post #66

Grim... Welcome aboard smile.gif we could use your extreme cruise managability skillz! :wink:

Avalonea - are you using the good ol' silicon hoses??? I've been meaning to get some for my IC... I've had tonnes of mates fitting them and have had no probs since... they handle heat like it's nothing biggrin.gif

Cheers,

avalonea
Post #67

nah stainless on the 180 all custem ***** **** job hence why its shit

ps this isnt my car its just the car i work on

`josh

Post #68

So is it this weekend or the 10th of november......or both.

um so yeah either way im going

Who are you? Tosboost. Do you have a car? get race.

NismoGirl
Post #69

Well.. Seeming andrew is going I guess I am biggrin.gif

Don't know if we will be in two cars or not. But count Sinbad in

mattson
Post #70

For those who want to download the full itinerary.. see the following link

www.boostcruising.com/members/mattson/Cruise.pdf

biggrin.gif

Cheers,

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x