Rejex Rally - Rejex Rally  

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
Droopz
Post #36

Cool. I've gotta a few darwin people crashing at my joint on the sunday night, so if anyone else wants a place to park their car and roll out a swag on the floor, let me know.

zmit
Post #37

I'm in :-D
All weekend to take pics!
Glad well see ya down there Alex.

(posting at Uni on my iPhone.... Damn I'm screwed)

ancullen
Post #38

GT-Four will be there. Clutch is organised and will be installed next week. Will have to visit some tyre joints for some spares. smile.gif

wasfishing
Post #39

wont be entering but i might hav to come to a event for a looski..

paddles7
Post #40

QUOTE(Droopz @ Jul 23 2008, 11:12 AM) [snapback]1282642698[/snapback]

Cool. I've gotta a few darwin people crashing at my joint on the sunday night, so if anyone else wants a place to park their car and roll out a swag on the floor, let me know.

Got room for three more? We haven't sorted anything out in the way of camping accommodation yet (Heck, I don't even know where we're all spending the Saturday night... Hayes Creek?)

Droopz
Post #41

Yeah mate sat night is at Hayes.

As for more room, I guess so. Just bring a swag for something and we'll find room. How many cars are you bringing?

paddles7
Post #42

Thankyou very much squire. I'm not sure if we'll be heading back Sunday night or hanging around and heading back Monday morning, play it by ear I suppose. We'll only have the Gemini.

Droopz
Post #43

Nah hang around. We'll fire up some BBQs and spend the night fixing everything that you guys brake on teh way down tongue.gif

zmit
Post #44

heh good call droopz biggrin.gif
But sounds like it'll be a good evening if everyone hangs around thumbsup.gif

beohbe
Post #45

So what dates is this event on over?

The only dates mentioned in this thread are the 30th of July....at the start....which isn't a weekend and pretty much meant I couldn't even think about entering. The other date is the "entiries close by" of 11 July.

Now that I have bothered to re-visit this thread there is a LOT of talk about weekends.

Not that I can enter......and serve me right for not earlier confirming dates myself.....but back to question 1, when is it on?

Cheers,

Bob

Droopz
Post #46

The first dates in this thread for from 2005s event lol. This years starts on the 2nd of August (sat) to Hayes Crk for the night, then finishing in Katherine on the Sunday.

beohbe
Post #47

QUOTE(Droopz @ Jul 23 2008, 02:23 PM) [snapback]1282643485[/snapback]

The first dates in this thread for from 2005s event lol. This years starts on the 2nd of August (sat) to Hayes Crk for the night, then finishing in Katherine on the Sunday.

thanks mate, need glasses or less lunch bourbons

paddles7
Post #48

QUOTE(Droopz @ Jul 23 2008, 02:06 PM) [snapback]1282643432[/snapback]

Nah hang around. We'll fire up some BBQs and spend the night fixing everything that you guys brake on teh way down tongue.gif

That sounds like a mighty fine idea!! Beware though, I drive a gemini so chances are nearly every component or system will be broken or malfunctioning by then tongue.gif

ancullen
Post #49

QUOTE(ancullen @ Jul 23 2008, 12:17 PM) [snapback]1282642718[/snapback]

GT-Four will be there. Clutch is organised and will be installed next week. Will have to visit some tyre joints for some spares. smile.gif

I spoke too soon. sad.gif I either need to find a mechanic to change my clutch that doesn't charge $100+ per hour, or bite the bullet and do it myself. Transverse engine & gearbox with AWD = teh sux. sad.gif

zmit
Post #50

QUOTE(paddles7 @ Jul 23 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]1282643514[/snapback]

That sounds like a mighty fine idea!! Beware though, I drive a gemini so chances are nearly every component or system will be broken or malfunctioning by then tongue.gif

except the alternator tongue.gif

.... adam... just do it already!

ancullen
Post #51

Phil Kerr to the rescue! biggrin.gif

traction
Post #52

Cant wait myself, had a great time last year

devo r33gtr
Post #53

QUOTE(traction @ Jul 23 2008, 11:47 PM) [snapback]1282646790[/snapback]

Your going down buddy tongue.gif

jsttry
Post #54

I started at post 1 and then saw some forum names that aren't in Darwin anymore before I realised it was started in 2005 LOL

Maybe start a new thread with all the 2008 details for people to check out?

Droopz
Post #55

A bit late now smile.gif Entrys are closed.

ancullen
Post #56

QUOTE(traction @ Jul 23 2008, 11:17 PM) [snapback]1282646790[/snapback]

Forgive my ignorance, but which one were you?

And with a user name like 'traction', it doesn't sound like you had fun. 'Complete lack of traction' - now THAT is the Rejex spirit! laugh.gif

wasfishing
Post #57

QUOTE(ancullen @ Jul 24 2008, 03:36 PM) [snapback]1282649210[/snapback]

And with a user name like 'traction', it doesn't sound like you had fun. 'Complete lack of traction' - now THAT is the Rejex spirit! laugh.gif

Says the man with a awd.....

paddles7
Post #58

QUOTE(ancullen @ Jul 24 2008, 03:36 PM) [snapback]1282649210[/snapback]

Gender Male
Vehicle mazda6 mps
Power 190 kw
1/4 Mile Time 14.3

Given it away yet? tongue.gif

zmit
Post #59

actually. sure has tongue.gif
welcome to the forums! (bout damn time!)

vehicle -> hence traction

beohbe
Post #60

QUOTE(wasfishing @ Jul 24 2008, 04:06 PM) [snapback]1282649346[/snapback]

Says the man with a awd.....

yes, he has one............does he get to drive it often, no tongue.gif

ancullen
Post #61

QUOTE(paddles7 @ Jul 24 2008, 07:47 PM) [snapback]1282650256[/snapback]

Gender Male
Vehicle mazda6 mps
Power 190 kw
1/4 Mile Time 14.3
Given it away yet? tongue.gif

Welcome Trent! Is the Bluebird ready?

QUOTE(beohbe @ Jul 25 2008, 09:30 AM) [snapback]1282652512[/snapback]

yes, he has one............does he get to drive it often, no tongue.gif

tongue.gif Provided all goes to plan it'll be on track at the next race meet after the Rejex. Aiming for that magical sub-1:30.

zmit
Post #62

what, you mean the one that dad has already hit in his standard FORD? tongue.gif

rejex should be fun cool.gif

ancullen
Post #63

Blah, blah, blah. Adam sucks. Blah, blah, blah.

Never mind the XR6 Turbo's, XR8's, and GT's that the Starlet has obliterated in the Rejex. tongue.gif Pity that all that means is the Starlet is lighter and shorter than those cars. sad.gif

VLCT WALKY
Post #64

and doesn't have enough power to acutally loose traction hey adam smile.gif

vl's tuned and mini spooled diff, and safe healthy tune on 10psi smile.gif

ancullen
Post #65

paddles' video on YouTube will answer that query appropriately. tongue.gif

beohbe
Post #66

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Jul 28 2008, 06:36 PM) [snapback]1282665708[/snapback]

and doesn't have enough power to acutally loose traction hey adam smile.gif

vl's tuned and mini spooled diff, and safe healthy tune on 10psi smile.gif

Neither does the Foz sad.gif

It's still pretty quick though biggrin.gif

VLCT WALKY
Post #67

QUOTE(beohbe @ Jul 29 2008, 12:24 AM) [snapback]1282667901[/snapback]

Neither does the Foz sad.gif

It's still pretty quick though biggrin.gif

i've seen it slide a little on the track tongue.gif

i'm hoping the vl doesn't slide as much as the stagea at the next lapsprints day

beohbe
Post #68

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Jul 28 2008, 11:26 PM) [snapback]1282667912[/snapback]

i've seen it slide a little on the track tongue.gif

i'm hoping the vl doesn't slide as much as the stagea at the next lapsprints day

That was just a lack of control.......not planned......or was it understeer? It's got plenty of that.

You'll still be doing a drift session while lap sprinting, Lars thumbsup.gif At least there won't be dodgy AWD cutting in.

ancullen
Post #69

Shock! Horror! Adam has failed again. sad.gif Thanks to a lack of fundage I wasn't able to get a clutch quick enough to find out that I needed a specific one to work with my stupid ORC flywheel & clutch assembly. The ORC flywheel has dowels to locate their weird pressure plate assembly. A new Xtreme ultra lightweight chromemoly flywheel has been ordered, expected to arrive Tuesday. It's even lighter than the ORC one, and should be the lightest 3S-GTE flywheel available.

The Starlet will come out of it's exceedingly short retirement to go on the Rejex again.

beohbe
Post #70

What is the ETA in Katherine and where? I have to work (a bit) this weekend due to the bloody Navy angry.gif , but should be able to get away for a while on Sunday.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x