The Wankel Thread - get your daily wankel fix here  

Page 8 of 10
Jump to page
KaOTiK
Post #276

Have always wondered at that. There's no denying though the potential the rotary motor has for performance. Take a stock 13B and a stock 304 and spend the same money on each and see which one makes more power.

e$kimo_beer_monkey_91
Post #277

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Jun 23 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]1279995827[/snapback]

such a good engine, yet no other companys have develop anything like it, mmmm such a good engine , only one company and a few of the cars have this type of engine, mmmm wonder why that is ???? thumbsup.gif bowrofl.gif
from memory mercedes tried and failed misorably hsnono.gif Just shows mazda have got it right

QUOTE(KaOTiK @ Jun 23 2006, 12:43 PM) [snapback]1279995839[/snapback]

Have always wondered at that. There's no denying though the potential the rotary motor has for performance. Take a stock 13B and a stock 304 and spend the same money on each and see which one makes more power.
neither both are cheap dry.gif so it depends if the 13b was turbo or not. If so I see them coming out pretty even

KaOTiK
Post #278

I was talking relatively there. tongue.gif
1.3L as opposed to 5L. thumbsup.gif

VLCT WALKY
Post #279

yeah i suppose when u look at it, a 2stroke motor

supertiva
Post #280

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Jun 23 2006, 12:10 PM) [snapback]1279995827[/snapback]

such a good engine, yet no other companys have develop anything like it, mmmm such a good engine , only one company and a few of the cars have this type of engine, mmmm wonder why that is ???? thumbsup.gif bowrofl.gif

Hmmm... Datsun tried as well as merc and a few other car companies. They all failed miserabbly, they didn't have the technology or the brains to work it out. That surely must say something smile.gif

VLCT WALKY
Post #281

http://datsun1200.com/modules/nsections/in...le&artid=77

put that in ya pipe and smoke it

so they did have it and it was working and didn't have a problem making it work, but just seemed tobe an issue with the bean counters smile.gif

anyways

1 for datsun

KaOTiK
Post #282

1 for Datsun. But Rotary still = Mazda. tongue.gif laugh.gif

supertiva
Post #283

1 for Datsun? They couldn't justify producing it... therefore not being able to make it work? Read it all, They couldnt get around the Emission problems even though they had access tot he answer... Doh?

SIKUNT
Post #284

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Jun 23 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]1279995827[/snapback]

QUOTE(1morebar)

Simple questions sometimes have simple answer's

Mazda bought the entitlements to the Rotary engine a long time ago.

enough said!

VLCT WALKY
Post #285

QUOTE(supertiva @ Jun 24 2006, 11:07 AM) [snapback]1279998216[/snapback]

1 for Datsun? They couldn't justify producing it... therefore not being able to make it work? Read it all, They couldnt get around the Emission problems even though they had access tot he answer... Doh?

um no it did work, they just didn't want to produce it to the level of the emission law as the wankel licence had technical support help with any problems (so how would they not get it to work), u said they couldn't make it run, it even said how much more power the engine produced, and they released it with that combo in the usa, so your not interially correct they did make the rotor work as most people did, they just didn't continue to produce it as it created more hp which in turn used more fuel

anyways

have to ask O SO KNOWLEDGABLE rotor nuts (what a joke insault to all things rota) why they stopped producing the RX7

why did mazda start going under and what company bailed them out ?

also who disigned the RX8 motor ?

KaOTiK
Post #286

And how many RX8 motors are used in Hi performance drag cars? He he... NONE! The series 6 or 7 motors are put in instead. tongue.gif

Salad Fingers
Post #287

Funny you should bring that up, alot of circuit racing people are using the RX-8 high compression rotors in eariler style engines now...

KaOTiK
Post #288

Lol sounds like a mix n match of old and new to suit certain applications. dunno.gif

Watchn_ovr
Post #289

Ok so there aint any Rx8 lovers on here, but i got one, and look forward to drivn it everytime i walk down to my garage an see it sittn there
Love it..
kit an wheels to come soon..

KaOTiK
Post #290

Don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against RX8's. I just prefer the seven's iz all. thumbsup.gif Would like to steal the seats out of an RX8 though. Mmmmm. laugh.gif

Good to see the Wankel in mainstream forum too! biggrin.gif

sinista
Post #291

Brap brap brap BANG..... thats the rotary story of every rotary owner i have ever known. haha.
love em just could never own one.

KaOTiK
Post #292

Now now Dan, don't be nasty. tongue.gif Live fast, Die young. The life of a rotary engine. Emphasis on the fast part! laugh.gif

e$kimo_beer_monkey_91
Post #293

anyway, back to the rotaz! Go the sideways cosmo!

And yes that is an fc rx7 with an fd front. someguy from rx7club.com owns it

sinista
Post #294

Theres a hell phat cosmo gettin round down here dumped on its guts big rims. i saw a full on jap jgtc racing style s6 down here today.

ROLLER
Post #295

woot woot a conversion of 2 great companies into one.... excellent

https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=147620

Kaos308
Post #296

Oh, the humanity!! tongue.gif

But a very nice looking car, the shape has grown on me now....

vh-holden
Post #297

aren't they a fairly heavy car?

HYPOV6
Post #298

1.5-6 tonnes i believe

quintesson
Post #299

QUOTE(PLYNU @ Jul 9 2006, 06:00 PM) [snapback]1280043551[/snapback]

Thanks again guys thumbsup.gif

As for ET's obviously it aint all about power so ill be winding back the boost a fair bit for its first run, around 600hp @ wheels. If it runs into the 10's and runs straight its a matter of winding in boost.
By Jambo time with a auto behind it im hoping for low 9's which i think is very realistic with around 900hp at the wheels. The car is a fat bitch around 1400kg so we will have to wait and see how it goes first time out before i can comment i think.
Cheers

I like it

e$kimo_beer_monkey_91
Post #300

mazda cosmo ftw!!!

vh-holden
Post #301

QUOTE(e$kimo_beer_monkey_91 @ Jul 8 2006, 05:55 PM) [snapback]1280042001[/snapback]

Go the sideways cosmo!

it's not drifting sideways, it's burnout sideways. even the vh can do burnout sideways

SLDEWYZ
Post #302

^^

liar! picsorban adam!

vh-holden
Post #303

umm, now you've got me. i've only got videos, (and they were on dirt, but that's cos where we take it there is no bitumen!!!)

so for now i'll leave you with this one
IPB Image
yes, that is red tyre smoke

SLDEWYZ
Post #304

impressed with the fully sik dorifto skillz u mad cunzee. thumbsup.gif

now... where did that wankel thread go?....

e$kimo_beer_monkey_91
Post #305

QUOTE(vh-holden @ Jul 14 2006, 10:27 AM) [snapback]1280059274[/snapback]

it's not drifting sideways, it's burnout sideways. even the vh can do burnout sideways
and there just so happens to be a corner behind him unsure.gif

FilthinRich
Post #306

ahh so this is the new spam thread tongue.gif

SLDEWYZ
Post #307

yep but dont tell the mods they might close down boost forever....

wonder what my warn level is?

e$kimo_beer_monkey_91
Post #308

no spam onl rotaryz!!

VLCT WALKY
Post #309

QUOTE(SLDEWYZ @ Jul 14 2006, 11:30 AM) [snapback]1280059645[/snapback]

impressed with the fully sik dorifto skillz u mad cunzee. thumbsup.gif

now... where did that wankel thread go?....

dave mine's at %40

FilthinRich
Post #310

same..

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 8 of 10
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x