Hoon In Nsw - Lose your car forever  

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
matmarhar
Post #36

QUOTE (essartwenty @ Mar 8 2012, 02:19 PM) *
Fuck it, who cares. Don't be tool in your car and you'll be sweet. If you do want to be a tool in your car then go hit your local track up for a day, where being a tool is encouraged. I hate being labelled a hoon for simply owning a car but what I hate more is REAL hoons. These laws exist for a reason, there are alot more retarded people out there than you may acknowledge and they're doing stupid shit, putting other people's lives at risk just so they can say they hucked a fucken fully mad sk1d brah. The repeat offenders deserve to have their cars and their licenses taken from them however, outright laws that apply to everyone can be a bit neglectful of circumstance. If you're speeding and you get pulled over, chances are you're going to have to go to court, so why not let it be a matter of the judge's discretion for each incident instead of standardisation ranging from 18 year old Robbo who was caught doing 600 kmh past an RBT, pulling the handbrake and launching his 15th VB tallie at the cop standing on the side of the road to 85 year old Agnus that took off from a set of lights too fast in the wet and spun her wheels a little bit.

yes there are alot more retarded people on the road that people acknowledge and this law is just going to make them run from the police .
and this puts you ''driving around not being a tool and being sweet'' in danger of being a casualty of their actions when they decide to run
so this law will endanger peoples lives even more

essartwenty
Post #37

I don't see how it's any different to the current situation. If dickheads are in enough police chases to warrant action like this then I'm already being put in danger. Just another law that has no bearing on a law abiding citizen. I'm not saying I am one, I'm just saying fucken man up and wear it. If you're doing the wrong thing and you're caught, you will be punished accordingly well within reason. If you don't want to lose your $50,000 car then take it to the track. It's not a hard thing to do, you don't even need a license.

ThunderBolt
Post #38

Why run from the cops, unless you are in a stolen car? It doesn't take much for them to get your number plate and look up who the car is registered to, and a little while later you will get a knock on the door and they will confiscate the plates at this stage.

matmarhar
Post #39

QUOTE (ThunderBolt @ Mar 8 2012, 05:12 PM) *
Why run from the cops, unless you are in a stolen car? It doesn't take much for them to get your number plate and look up who the car is registered to, and a little while later you will get a knock on the door and they will confiscate the plates at this stage.

the people in stolen cars will run reguardless this law will not affect them what so ever as they dont have to worry about getting their car taken .
where I have a problem with this law is the ''loosing the car permanently'' part on the second offence .I mean people should not be speeding and racing and bla bla bla but the fact of the matter is people will continue to race other people and speed and the threat of loosing their car forever is going to push people to make that decision to run.
and saying well they have your plates and will be at your house to pick up the car the next day will just make them hide the car say it was stolen and strip it .or something alike

essartwenty
Post #40

QUOTE (matmarhar @ Mar 8 2012, 05:39 PM) *
the people in stolen cars will run reguardless this law will not affect them what so ever as they dont have to worry about getting their car taken .
where I have a problem with this law is the ''loosing the car permanently'' part on the second offence .I mean people should not be speeding and racing and bla bla bla but the fact of the matter is people will continue to race other people and speed and the threat of loosing their car forever is going to push people to make that decision to run.
and saying well they have your plates and will be at your house to pick up the car the next day will just make them hide the car say it was stolen and strip it .or something alike

That sounds very much like a hoon trying to defend himself or his friends knowing that he/they have done wrong. There's a simple explanation for the law in question with equally simple reasoning behind it. Don't be an idiot, you might kill someone. That's it. If you don't like it, then get another hobby.
This talk of pushing people to flee from the police is bullshit. If you've decided already that you're going to run from them, then you would probably run even if this law didn't/is going to exist. If they have crackpot ideas about hiding their car and stripping it, then the law has also served it's purpose. Another idiot off the road.

Just because people are apparently always going to race eachother on the road does NOT mean that YOU should be able to, so why ask for special treatment. You're not Lewis Hamilton and you're not driving Luxembourg. Either have some consideration for other road users and pedestrians or accept your punishment and be done with it. It's that simple.

matmarhar
Post #41

QUOTE (essartwenty @ Mar 8 2012, 06:12 PM) *
That sounds very much like a hoon trying to defend himself or his friends knowing that he/they have done wrong. There's a simple explanation for the law in question with equally simple reasoning behind it. Don't be an idiot, you might kill someone. That's it. If you don't like it, then get another hobby.
This talk of pushing people to flee from the police is bullshit. If you've decided already that you're going to run from them, then you would probably run even if this law didn't/is going to exist. If they have crackpot ideas about hiding their car and stripping it, then the law has also served it's purpose. Another idiot off the road.

Just because people are apparently always going to race eachother on the road does NOT mean that YOU should be able to, so why ask for special treatment. You're not Lewis Hamilton and you're not driving Luxembourg. Either have some consideration for other road users and pedestrians or accept your punishment and be done with it. It's that simple.

I also don't live in nsw and don't give a fuck if they get their car taken off them and i'm simply stating the FACT that if idiots are going to loose their car forever they are more likely to run .If you cant see that this is the case then you are blind
I'm not by any means defending people speeding , racing or running from the cops and this law will not effect me in the slightest .I'm just being realistic

essartwenty
Post #42

QUOTE (matmarhar @ Mar 8 2012, 06:47 PM) *
I also don't live in nsw and don't give a fuck if they get their car taken off them and i'm simply stating the FACT that if idiots are going to loose their car forever they are more likely to run .If you cant see that this is the case then you are blind
I'm not by any means defending people speeding , racing or running from the cops and this law will not effect me in the slightest .I'm just being realistic

Being realistic would would be recognising that the situation is bad enough already and a simple law such as this one will not change it or the mentality of these people at all. If they're ready to run from the police in such a circumstance, then they're definately ready to run them for something as minor as a routine traffic stop. A careless person is a careless person, regardless of circumstance. It's redundant to point out they're going to flee and this law won't affect the end result of their driving "career", so to speak.

Build a bridge, and then just get right over it. No one will be in anymore danger than they presently are because of these idiots.

matmarhar
Post #43

QUOTE (essartwenty @ Mar 8 2012, 07:36 PM) *
Being realistic would would be recognising that the situation is bad enough already and a simple law such as this one will not change it or the mentality of these people at all. If they're ready to run from the police in such a circumstance, then they're definately ready to run them for something as minor as a routine traffic stop. A careless person is a careless person, regardless of circumstance. It's redundant to point out they're going to flee and this law won't affect the end result of their driving "career", so to speak.

Build a bridge, and then just get right over it. No one will be in anymore danger than they presently are because of these idiots.

you should be a politician your surely ignorant enough
thats like saying someone who is willing to run from the police after robbing a bank is clearly going to run if they get caught stealing a chocolate bar from the corner store
different punishment breeds different reaction if you cant understand that go fuck youself im done talking to you

gutless
Post #44

QUOTE (matmarhar @ Mar 8 2012, 05:47 PM) *

I Also don't live in NSW but do these laws directly apply to me as a QLD driver in a QLD car if i do the wrong thing in NSW? And no i havent read the middle of this thread.

essartwenty
Post #45

QUOTE (matmarhar @ Mar 8 2012, 08:06 PM) *
you should be a politician your surely ignorant enough
thats like saying someone who is willing to run from the police after robbing a bank is clearly going to run if they get caught stealing a chocolate bar from the corner store
different punishment breeds different reaction if you cant understand that go fuck youself im done talking to you

Lol, do you even understand what you just said?

gutless
Post #46

QUOTE (essartwenty @ Mar 8 2012, 08:03 PM) *
Lol, do you even understand what you just said?

Who wouldn't? Oh right, you.

essartwenty
Post #47

QUOTE (gutless @ Mar 8 2012, 09:59 PM) *
Who wouldn't? Oh right, you.

Hahaha, nice one bro. Sick of seeing people whinge about insignificant laws like this being passed. They're being passed for a reason, if you don't like it then do like your friend said I should and just be a politician. Get it all done..The hoon way wink.gif

Slysilvia
Post #48

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Mar 7 2012, 09:03 PM) *

gutless
Post #49

QUOTE (essartwenty @ Mar 8 2012, 09:22 PM) *
Hahaha, nice one bro. Sick of seeing people whinge about insignificant laws like this being passed. They're being passed for a reason, if you don't like it then do like your friend said I should and just be a politician. Get it all done..The hoon way wink.gif

You honestly think that if someone were to run from the police in NSW to escape harsh fines,huge point loss,suspension and these new laws that they would also run getting caught doing 25 over in a school zone?
Get fucked. You obviously have no clue and as previously stated, are ignorant and are not worth talking to.

Vz Calais
Post #50

just wondering for some advise from you guys. i went for a cruise in my car with a couple of mates, did a couple of skids etc, it was 3:00 in the morning. the police didnt catch me but i got reported from people on the 13 hoon hotline. they have no video recordings or anything, and have taken my car due to having 3 reports. i now have to go to court, im obviesly not going to say i was doing it, i denyed everything to the police officers who came to my door, they have no solid evidence that i was hooning, sept for some goody goodys word, what do you guys recomend?

gutless
Post #51

Oooooh..

Prepare your e-anus.

essartwenty
Post #52

QUOTE (gutless @ Mar 8 2012, 10:42 PM) *
You honestly think that if someone were to run from the police in NSW to escape harsh fines,huge point loss,suspension and these new laws that they would also run getting caught doing 25 over in a school zone?
Get fucked. You obviously have no clue and as previously stated, are ignorant and are not worth talking to.

Lol.

4teecal
Post #53

QUOTE (Vz Calais @ Mar 8 2012, 09:50 PM) *
i now have to go to court, im obviesly not going to say i was doing it, i denyed everything to the police officers who came to my door, they have no solid evidence that i was hooning, sept for some goody goodys word, what do you guys recomend?

So in other words they do have solid evidence. They have three independent witnesses.

TTS
Post #54

just wondering for some advise from you guys. i went for a cruise in my car with a couple of mates, did a couple of skids etc, it was 3:00 in the morning. the police didnt catch me but i got reported from people on the 13 hoon hotline. they have no video recordings or anything, and have taken my car due to having 3 reports. i now have to go to court, im obviesly not going to say i was doing it, i denyed everything to the police officers who came to my door, they have no solid evidence that i was hooning, sept for some goody goodys word, what do you guys recomend?

"I did the crime but I'm not man enough to admit it."

xxxxgold
Post #55

As you have made admissions the only appropriate advice I can offer is to plead guilty. Outside of committing perjury you are almost certainly going to be found guilty anyway and an early plea will usually entitle you to a sentencing discount.

QUOTE (4teecal @ Mar 9 2012, 11:43 AM) *
So in other words they do have solid evidence. They have three independent witnesses.

This. 'Solid evidence' need not be tangible, you are up a very long creek without a paddle I'm afraid.

abostolemybike
Post #56

@ xxxgold by admissions even if they have witnesses saying it was hes car etc they still need to prove that he was driving? Something like its possible a friend was driving... Also the witnesses are only useful if they identified him driving or am i missing something

4teecal
Post #57

Nothing a form of demand on the owner wont cure.

32jdm
Post #58

Now I by no means would I run yada yada. BUT it would definitely make me consider it in those circumstance under 2nd offense. The point of this law is to catch repeat offenders obviously but what time frame is there? Who says ma and pa go down the road doing 100 miss a road sign and bam 45k over? Say that happens twice in 3yrs? See my point?

These sort of laws are aimed at a small part of the driving community I will refer to as the fuck ups.
This by no means doesn't mean it won't effect any of the great community though. Just like "hoons" as one percent of the modified car scene (the commodore drivers from united on a Saturday) who tarnish the scene make the rest covered by the same brush in the eyes of the greater community.

Police of any state make laws, some good and some bad, however there are many laws to which common sense was left out of. As ASH12A said. Who says an illegal modified import (screamer to low etc) is by any means more dangerous then a commodore with a smashed from end and 2mm off the ground? The fact that police target our cars show that as a service to the community, they are a lazy bunch of sods who want to do the least work they can. That like if u went to a hospital for an operation to remove cancer and finding they left half as it was smoke or the end of their shift. Or u go for a service and they do 3 corners wheel nuts tight opand the last corners left loose because they CBF finishing it as it was to hard.

At the end of the day they are in an industry where they are to provide safety to the community. Many times they are arguably not doing so to their full potential

4teecal
Post #59

QUOTE (32jdm @ Mar 9 2012, 04:50 PM) *
Now I by no means would I run yada yada. BUT it would definitely make me consider it in those circumstance under 2nd offense. The point of this law is to catch repeat offenders obviously but what time frame is there? Who says ma and pa go down the road doing 100 miss a road sign and bam 45k over? Say that happens twice in 3yrs? See my point?

Police of any state make laws, some good and some bad, however there are many laws to which common sense was left out of.

It is 2 offences in 5 years.

Police dont make any laws. Thats the job of the government of the day.

essartwenty
Post #60

Any way you look at it, it's just another nothing law that we're going to have live with. Like J walking in the states (probably here too) for instance, in the scheme of things it's bottom of the ladder and 99 times out of 100 no one's going to get caught for it but when that 1 does, they blow up about it.

Hoons are the same story in a different book, 45kmh over in a 100 zone may not seem like much to anyone but if everyone's doing it regularly, there's a large potential for tragedy. 9 times out of 10 sure, it was 4:30 in the morning and there wasn't a car in sight for 50km and no one gets done for it but when number 10 finally sees a cop car with their lights on, he bolts and in the process kills himself a family of 5 travelling for a holiday or something

You all might think this is exactly what you're all trying to stop but these are actually the type of people that don't belong or deserve to be on the road. If you fuck up, wear it and make sure you don't do something stupid again. Then no one will have to worry about number 10 up there^^
Don't want to get your car taken from you? Don't be an idiot with it. If you're not a tool with your car, you won't get done 45 over and there will be no need to worry about a second offence resulting in your car being taken from you.

I love cars as much as the next enthusiast/bogan/idiot but there's a time and place to drive like a man possessed and it's at the track. Any professional driver that you look up to didn't get to where he was today going gutter to gutter in his Commo or doing 150 kmh through residential areas. They got there by practicing at a sanctioned area for it. If you want to drive like them then go do the same.

gutless
Post #61

QUOTE (essartwenty @ Mar 9 2012, 07:06 PM) *
I love cars as much as the next enthusiast/bogan/idiot but there's a time and place to drive like a man possessed and it's at the track. Any professional driver that you look up to didn't get to where he was today going gutter to gutter in his Commo or doing 150 kmh through residential areas. They got there by practicing at a sanctioned area for it. If you want to drive like them then go do the same.

Unless talking about how professional drifters got to where they are today rolleyes.gif

essartwenty
Post #62

QUOTE (gutless @ Mar 9 2012, 08:25 PM) *
Unless talking about how professional drifters got to where they are today rolleyes.gif

The days of that are also gone. But yes, you are correct. Although they didn't do it gutter to gutter and didn't do it in a commodore that may aswell be called Bismarck because that's about as well as they handle. On Robbo's budget anyway.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x