Redbank Plains, Springfield Lakes, Brookwater ? - Anyone live there ??  

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
AGI78-VP
Post #36

i built out at springfield lakes, have lived here for just over a year so far and couldnt be happier, area is quiet, except for me really, most are young people or young families.

Still its well over priced for what your getting, but when the centenary gets doubled laned all the way out and the railway station is complete, it should be a bit better.

edit - my brother has rented out here and so have a heap of different friends, not one of them has been broken into, although somebody stole a car, dumped it and torched it on my street lol

Sharpy
Post #37

Fuckin lol at thinking that 2 breakins within ANY amount of time is acceptable.

davieb_16
Post #38

QUOTE (Desu @ Dec 23 2011, 08:00 AM) *
I don't agree with this. 12 months ago I'd have been saying the same thing, but I live in Ipswich now and I find it safer than most places. 10 years ago, probably not so much.

I agree that 10 years ago it was a lot worse and it is slowly getting better. I currently live in Ipswich also however coming from the bayside there is a huge difference. I hate going to the local woolworths and reguarly seeing dudes walking round with out a shirt and people that look like meth addicts.

Just last week i was at yamanto dominos and there was a guy standing out the front watching 2 kids play with a trolley in the busy car park, then came in ordered some pizzas when the guy told him the total he started swearing at the guy behind counter that it says 3.95 in window. Hes too dumb to read the fine print obviously. When he returned outside the kids smashed the trolley into a VE commodore and he yelled at them to get in his car and speed off. I got his rego and left a note on the commodore.

This is only a small percentage but its enough to make me hate living there.

trev084
Post #39

People must be so up themselves to realise that this sort of thing happens in Brisbane aswell, it does not matter where you live, crime will always find a way in, just funny how people that have never lived in Ipswich are the ones that always say it is bad, My dad has lived in Goodna in the same house for 48 years (he is 50) and the only drama he has ever had was a family member used a spare key to gain entry to the house and stole some shit, hardly a big deal.

And also:

http://www.qt.com.au/story/2011/12/16/ipsw...pot-to-live-in/

Desu
Post #40

QUOTE (davieb_16 @ Dec 23 2011, 11:52 AM) *
I agree that 10 years ago it was a lot worse and it is slowly getting better. I currently live in Ipswich also however coming from the bayside there is a huge difference. I hate going to the local woolworths and reguarly seeing dudes walking round with out a shirt and people that look like meth addicts.

Just last week i was at yamanto dominos and there was a guy standing out the front watching 2 kids play with a trolley in the busy car park, then came in ordered some pizzas when the guy told him the total he started swearing at the guy behind counter that it says 3.95 in window. Hes too dumb to read the fine print obviously. When he returned outside the kids smashed the trolley into a VE commodore and he yelled at them to get in his car and speed off. I got his rego and left a note on the commodore.

This is only a small percentage but its enough to make me hate living there.

I came from Capalaba last year. In that 6 months I was there had the fence on the complex smashed, a domestic next door, and our townhouse broken into, wallets stolen and ex boyfriends car flogged and written off.

First bit of crime I heard of in my current area was about 2 weeks ago, some dodgy kids were walking around and broke into some guys car and took his wallet. We saw the kids before the said incident and were like 'hmmm, dodgiest people we've seen here so far', turns out we were right.

There will be scum EVERYWHERE in the world. All I'm saying is people are very quick to judge Ipswich, when some areas of it are dodgy, and the other side of town is lovely. But I guess you get that with everywhere.

CApower
Post #41

If you are looking at renting, Brookwater or Springfield lakes is the go. They are more centrally located to shops etc. If you are looking at buying, Fernbrook Estate or Mount View in Redbank Plains are good value for money. They are relatively much cheaper to buy ... for now.

B Unit
Post #42

QUOTE (Desu @ Dec 23 2011, 12:49 PM) *
I came from Capalaba last year. In that 6 months I was there had the fence on the complex smashed, a domestic next door, and our townhouse broken into, wallets stolen and ex boyfriends car flogged and written off.

First bit of crime I heard of in my current area was about 2 weeks ago, some dodgy kids were walking around and broke into some guys car and took his wallet. We saw the kids before the said incident and were like 'hmmm, dodgiest people we've seen here so far', turns out we were right.

There will be scum EVERYWHERE in the world. All I'm saying is people are very quick to judge Ipswich, when some areas of it are dodgy, and the other side of town is lovely. But I guess you get that with everywhere.

Yes but that's Crapalaba for you. Redlands is like Logan but with water n shit.

I had a house in Wishart for 10 years, used to leave my cars in the driveway unlocked, my fourby with windows down, no problems at all. The only time I was the victim of crime was when the ex-junkie that lived next doors ex-boyfriends mates decided to steal my parents VN from my driveway, rather than get a cab home. They were caught within 2 weeks. I have never borrowed a car from my parents again laugh.gif

Most of the old sliding windows used to just lift out of the frames and you could climb in. In fact, they haven't been replaced, BRB stealing from the new owner *jokes*.

BrockSSeacer
Post #43

Also look into collingwood park. There is a newer area out the back which is where I live and it is fairly quiet out there, shops and schools close as well as child care centres. Redbank plains has a couple new estates going up as well... As for the crime rate dont worry about what people says, Ipswich's crime rate has actually declined in the last yeah compared to redlands, logan, caboolture and brisbane shires as theirs has actually gone up. Springfield is an older area where as if you go to springfield lakes, augustine heights and brookwater are constantly having new homes built.

ThunderBolt
Post #44

An old farmer was hoeing in his field, when a traveller came along. He called out to the farmer, and asked him, "What sort of people live in the next town?"

To this the farmer replied with a question, "What sort of people live where you've come from?"

"Bad. Lazy, good-for-nothing louts. Selfish and untrustwothy - every single one of them. I'm glad I left them and moved away."

"Hmm," replied the old farmer. "I'm afraid you'll find people in the next town to be of the same sort."

This disappointed the traveller, who went on his way.

After some time another traveller called out to the farmer, asking, "What sort of people live in the next town?"

"What sort of people live where you've come from?" asked the farmer.

"The best. Hard working, honest, and friendly. I'm really sad I had to leave them."

"Don't worry," said the farmer. "You'll find the same sort in the next town."

OLSKOOL64
Post #45

Areas in postcode 4300:
Augustine Heights
Bellbird Park
Brookwater
Camira
Carole Park
Gailes
Goodna
Goodna Dc
Goodna East
Opossum Creek
Springfield
Springfield Lakes

Shows the socioeconomic mix for the post code your looking at. Some of these area's are just plain dangerous shit tips, others contain million $ houses.....All of them fall in Ipswich.....

KammdUP
Post #46

Ive been out to Springfield lakes many times, seems like a really nice quiet modern area, great shops and no ghettos. Only thing is its a bit out of the way of pretty much everything haha. But if I had the chance I'd probably move there

nferno
Post #47

Inner brisbane FTW!

Chris E
Post #48

Redbank I would steer clear of, Brookwater is nice but pricey, springfield is not a bad option.

Don't go to Greenbank. Horrible, terrible place. 5 minutes to shops, 40mins to the airport, acreage, town water...

slide1600
Post #49

I'm in bellbird park. Great area. Springfield is great, redbank is not bad, goodna is a mess. Just go shopping on a Monday night when it's quite, and you won't realize how much of a zoo it is out there!

aussiemk2
Post #50

ITT: Northsiders thinking they know what they are on about.

after living in ipswich for 2 years now, i haven't had a single issue here, the people i see here are no different to those that wander around brookside, toombul etc.

have met alot of really friendly nice people out here.

you will find shit@#$!s in every suburb no matter how good you think it is.

Dai.
Post #51

QUOTE (B Unit @ Dec 23 2011, 03:43 PM) *
Yes but that's Crapalaba for you. Redlands is like Logan but with water n shit.

I had a house in Wishart for 10 years, used to leave my cars in the driveway unlocked, my fourby with windows down, no problems at all. The only time I was the victim of crime was when the ex-junkie that lived next doors ex-boyfriends mates decided to steal my parents VN from my driveway, rather than get a cab home. They were caught within 2 weeks. I have never borrowed a car from my parents again laugh.gif

Most of the old sliding windows used to just lift out of the frames and you could climb in. In fact, they haven't been replaced, BRB stealing from the new owner *jokes*.

Thats what Mansfield is like,haven't had a single break in since we have lived here and its going on 10years. I used to leave my car unlocked with windows down sitting outside and not one thing was pinched. The first ever incident happened the other week when 3 teens decided to try and break into cars in the street. Luckily somebody saw them and told em to piss off,they came break and destroyed his solar lights and fence. Get the occasional drag race up Wecker Road but thats about it.

You have good parts and bad parts in Ipswich,the other side of the family used to live there and didn't have a single incident in regards to break ins and what not.

Archydrift
Post #52

there all shit suburbs

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x