Hq Sedan - Build type thread.  

Page 2 of 10
Jump to page
74QEE
Post #36

QUOTE (Be-Hating @ Dec 11 2011, 09:10 PM) *
Yeah and I was thinking about the white roof, Would defiantly suit the colour but I'm undecided on that.

Theres a guy selling Torrie springs on here in the swap meet bit, they work well in the backs of Hqs. Needs more low

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #37

QUOTE (74QEE @ Dec 11 2011, 10:10 PM) *
You dont count anymore, you live in inbred land.

Queensland is inbreed? i dont live in tassie for a while yet

Be-Hating
Post #38

QUOTE (74QEE @ Dec 11 2011, 09:12 PM) *
Theres a guy selling Torrie springs on here in the swap meet bit, they work well in the backs of Hqs. Needs more low

I won't be lowering it and doing anything major yet, Just what it needs for a RWC. But I'll keep that in mind.

74QEE
Post #39

Chev badge?

Be-Hating
Post #40

QUOTE (74QEE @ Dec 11 2011, 09:35 PM) *
Chev badge?

Yes, That and a monster tacho is the only thing it needs for RWC. tongue.gif

CAM-327
Post #41

Bobby i'd be keen for the photo shoot aswell, only problem is mines more 80's styled.. Jelly beans, painted bumpers etc.. smile.gif

CAM-327
Post #42

This is my Q, a bit different from the approach you're going for, but it might give you some idea's.

Cheers

Be-Hating
Post #43

Nice Q. May stream some ideas form it lol.

Got it home today and have been Having a good look over it, gathering ideas.
P.S. Rims are for sale. ph34r.gif

It's now tarped and club locked but For some reason I get the feeling putting a tarp on it makes it stand out like dog balls and that the crims around here will think that it must be good/ worth stealing if it's tarped down. ohnoes.gif

WTB Shed, Armed guards and invisible lasers.

AGI78-VP
Post #44

QUOTE (Be-Hating @ Dec 12 2011, 09:41 AM) *
Nice Q. May stream some ideas form it lol.

Got it home today and have been Having a good look over it, gathering ideas.
P.S. Rims are for sale. ph34r.gif

It's now tarped and club locked but For some reason I get the feeling putting a tarp on it makes it stand out like dog balls and that the crims around here will think that it must be good/ worth stealing if it's tarped down. ohnoes.gif

WTB Shed, Armed guards and invisible lasers.

sharks with fricken lasers attached to their heads would be more suited

i think i have Q love with what you want it to end up like

Be-Hating
Post #45

QUOTE (AGI78-VP @ Dec 12 2011, 07:45 PM) *
sharks with fricken lasers attached to their heads would be more suited

i think i have Q love with what you want it to end up like

Haha!

Bought 2 New tyres today, Nothing major will be happening in the next few weeks as the plans are to just get it rego'd then start the work.

Monaro454
Post #46

QUOTE (Be-Hating @ Dec 14 2011, 06:53 PM) *
Haha!

Bought 2 New tyres today, Nothing major will be happening in the next few weeks as the plans are to just get it rego'd then start the work.

I have some stock rims with tyres here too if you need a couple more. Have a couple of centrecaps in good nick too.

Ash

Be-Hating
Post #47

QUOTE (Monaro454 @ Dec 14 2011, 07:02 PM) *
I have some stock rims with tyres here too if you need a couple more. Have a couple of centrecaps in good nick too.

Ash

Thanks but already have 2 full sets of standards. I am looking for a set of HQ hubcaps though if you know anyone.

Monaro454
Post #48

possibly read my post again? where I say I have centrecaps.... but I meant hubcaps!!

lol

Be-Hating
Post #49

PM sent.

nightcrawler
Post #50

you wanted a pic of my HZ sedan the other night Hating so here it is

Be-Hating
Post #51

QUOTE (nightcrawler @ Dec 16 2011, 01:59 PM) *
you wanted a pic of my HZ sedan the other night Hating so here it is

Not bad at all. I was expecting something in same condition as my Q haha.

B Unit
Post #52

QUOTE (74QEE @ Dec 10 2011, 04:44 PM) *
All Hq fronts look nice, but seriously keep the single light front, so clean and uncluttered!

Your car though so do what you want, that was just my input smile.gif

Totally agree on the Kingswood big singles.

I Be-Jealous, HQ's are still my favourite, my first car, the one I should have never sold.

Keen to follow this build.

Be-Hating
Post #53

QUOTE (B Unit @ Dec 16 2011, 09:03 PM) *
Totally agree on the Kingswood big singles.

I Be-Jealous, HQ's are still my favourite, my first car, the one I should have never sold.

Keen to follow this build.

Once the chaser is gone, By a hq!

OT: Deciding whether I should get it rego'd or resprayed/ rust repaired first.

nightcrawler
Post #54

QUOTE (Be-Hating @ Dec 16 2011, 06:11 PM) *
Not bad at all. I was expecting something in same condition as my Q haha.

not to bad for a daily , paid a grand for it spent $500 tops on it and its for sale now for $4000 lol

Joyrid3r
Post #55

QUOTE (nightcrawler @ Dec 17 2011, 10:08 AM) *
not to bad for a daily , paid a grand for it spent $500 tops on it and its for sale now for $4000 lol

I'll give ya $1500 then tongue.gif

B Unit
Post #56

QUOTE (Be-Hating @ Dec 17 2011, 12:23 AM) *
Once the chaser is gone, By a hq!

OT: Deciding whether I should get it rego'd or resprayed/ rust repaired first.

Don't worry, it's something I've been thinking about. Just short on garage space at the moment.

Be-Hating
Post #57

So today after driving it to work it's been have decided to change the plans from getting it rego'd as soon as possible to lowering it, rebuild the front and rear ends as theres some pretty cheap kits on ebay, then the rust and paint.

Today's adventure ; Degreased both the engine + engine bay and the underside of the car and also put the standard rims on.

And btw try not to get industrial grade degreaser in your eye. It hurts. A lot.

Before:

After:

Pics don't really do it justice.

Will hopefully have the front clip off tomorrow and the following weekend hopefully all the steering/ control arms and all that shit will be off and a coat of paint going onto the engine/ chassis.

Joyrid3r
Post #58

coming along alright mate, you planning on doing the rust/panel/paint stuff yourself?

Monaro454
Post #59

holy moly!!!

mate, just gotta say that I LOVE your portable hoist!!

ps. I wouldn't lower it too much as you will still need to get rego. have you thought of getting it rogoed now and putting it on club/concessional rego straight up? that way it will only cost you $170/year

btw, had a look at those hubcaps, they weren't that good.

Be-Hating
Post #60

QUOTE (Joyrid3r @ Dec 17 2011, 09:45 PM) *
coming along alright mate, you planning on doing the rust/panel/paint stuff yourself?

Yeah I'll give it a go, Dad knows how to paint and do rust repair so I should be alright.

QUOTE (Monaro454 @ Dec 18 2011, 08:28 AM) *
holy moly!!!

mate, just gotta say that I LOVE your portable hoist!!

ps. I wouldn't lower it too much as you will still need to get rego. have you thought of getting it rogoed now and putting it on club/concessional rego straight up? that way it will only cost you $170/year

btw, had a look at those hubcaps, they weren't that good.

Haha the hoist is awesome isn't it?

It'll only be lowered about 30mm in the rear and about the same in the front so it should be alright. It'll be on normal rego.

Joyrid3r
Post #61

QUOTE (Be-Hating @ Dec 18 2011, 09:10 AM) *
Yeah I'll give it a go, Dad knows how to paint and do rust repair so I should be alright.

good to hear mate, you'll be more satisfied if you do as much as possible, yourself.

Be-Hating
Post #62

Picked up some springs off OL' SKOOL today and took the front clip off as promised. Was considering writing a angry letter to GM-H complaing about the placement of there bolts. Trying to get the bolts off for the guards that are under the dash were harder then a kids first boner.

Next week all the suspension on he front end will be coming off and hopefully some paint going onto the rails and engine.

Drove the car up onto the grass and disconnected the radiator hoses + gear box lines and let it all run out but I forgot to plug the gearbox lines. I started the car back up and drove it under the awning and there it goes, All the oil down the driveway dry.gif

Whoops. laugh.gif

Be-Hating
Post #63

Bit of an update.

Motor and suspension has been stripped away. Will be getting degreased/painted tomorrow while I'm at work which will be sweet.

Then as soon as I can find some lowered shocks and rebuild kit for the front end everything will be put back together.

(Excuse the retro fridge)

Suspension gone

Engine stripped

Be-Hating
Post #64

So the engine was painted today in chevy orange. Couldn't find the original colours in spray cans so decide that'll do. It'll look alot better when the engine decals will be on it.

Chassis didn't end up getting painted as the same deal^^ couldn't find GM-H black in cans.

Bought a front end rebuild kit which should get here some time next week, and also will be buying a front disc brake setup thanks to Monaro454. thumbsup.gif

Pics:

And a glamour shot of the Stato, my competition. tongue.gif

74QEE
Post #65

Shit man youve made some progress!! Good work! Cant wait to see more. You still going for the original look, trims, caps and whitewalls?

Be-Hating
Post #66

QUOTE (74QEE @ Dec 29 2011, 06:53 PM) *
Shit man youve made some progress!! Good work! Cant wait to see more. You still going for the original look, trims, caps and whitewalls?

Yeah and I'll eventually be re-spraying the engine the original colours but thats when I can find some in cans.

74QEE
Post #67

VHT make the colour you want, although what you have there is pretty spot on. Red sixes were never really that red. More of an orange. Ive always used a deeper red for something differant.

1TUFF80
Post #68

Looks great mate, it's coming along nicely. Goodluck with it thumbsup.gif

B Unit
Post #69

Chevy orange, does that mean you can put a Chev badge on it? tongue.gif

Coming along very nicely, so jelly smile.gif

Be-Hating
Post #70

QUOTE (1TUFF80 @ Jan 2 2012, 01:41 AM) *
Looks great mate, it's coming along nicely. Goodluck with it thumbsup.gif

Thanks mate.

QUOTE (B Unit @ Jan 2 2012, 09:13 AM) *
Chevy orange, does that mean you can put a Chev badge on it? tongue.gif

Coming along very nicely, so jelly smile.gif

Dont tempt me. And thanks.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 10
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x