Hq Sedan - Build type thread.  

Page 10 of 10
Jump to page
CAM-327
Post #316

Someone's excited. tongue.gif

Keen as a bean for the maiden voyage to harry's/munchies.

HSV
Post #317

Out of curiosity, whats the mod plate for?

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #318

QUOTE (HSV @ Jul 16 2012, 09:25 PM) *
Out of curiosity, whats the mod plate for?

LK1 bucket seats, 5 seater instead of 6............

HSV
Post #319

QUOTE (75 KINGSWOOD @ Jul 16 2012, 08:28 PM) *
LK1 bucket seats, 5 seater instead of 6............

Nice, wasn't aware it was bench before hence why I was curious about the plate.

Looks good though, good to see it coming along.

Draven
Post #320

Good job looks tidy thumbsup.gif

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #321

Joels done an awesome job of the HQ and i bet he cant wait to drive it!!

Be-Hating
Post #322

Thanks again everyone.

I got my P's and took the quee out to put some fuel in and a drive to work. Few things to get sorted when I take it to the local mechanics tomorrow like wheel alignment, Getting all the indicators working right etc etc. And also when we were cruising along upon braking there's a clunking noise coming from the rear so hopefully that's nothing major and can be sorted out quick.

gutless
Post #323

Epic project. Would look at pics again thumbsup.gif

CAM-327
Post #324

Throw a quick coat over the bonnet for Friday man.

Be-Hating
Post #325

Hey all. Not much has been doe lately but what has been done is:

I replaced the steering shaft because the rubber cuffling was screwed and had a lot of movement.
(Broken on the bottom.New one on top)

I then Bought some speakers and a head deck and installed them. I hid the head unit in the glove box ad put the front speakers in the kick panels but sprayed the covers so they dont stick out too much and so the match the rest of the interior.

And lastly, I finally got a decent bonnet so that was sanded,smoothed,puttied/primed and put in guide coat. Hopefully will be putting it in paint next week.

Also a photo from munchies a week or so back:

CAM-327
Post #326

Head unit install looks neat, Nice.

Will look so much better with the painted bonnet!

MR_JORDZ
Post #327

Just read the whole thread and wow I love how it turned out....Top work man u should be proud of urself

Be-Hating
Post #328

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate it!

MR_JORDZ
Post #329

I would be keen as to go 4 a cruisie with you one night,

would be epic if we get a few cars out.Thats if i'm not working all the time hahaha

I want to see this thing in real life.

Be-Hating
Post #330

Sounds good man. I'd be interested in cruising not this weekend but next. Like from munchies to harrys or vice versa or something like that.

Be-Hating
Post #331

Got white walls today!!

And still having bonnet problems so all i can say is HOPEFULLY there will be a painted bonnet on it soonish,

2tonhq
Post #332

do you have your front indicators hooked up to your headlights ? does that mean you don't have indicators on the front

Be-Hating
Post #333

Huh? My parkers are in my indicators and the parkers come on when i turn the headlights on aswell obviously.

Be-Hating
Post #334

Finally.....A painted bonnet!

And some other shots;

Anchor
Post #335

Damn, that's such a tidy car for a young p plater. Well done! Much respect from me. Good to see there's still hope... Haha

hq statesman
Post #336

looks good bet your happy its done is it all finished

CAM-327
Post #337

Looks so good now.

PIG208
Post #338

Great work, she turned out a treat

180sc
Post #339

looks great you have done well however a little fiddling to get panel gaps neater and body lines straighter goes along way. yes it is a real pain to do in hq-wb series.

Oh and top job on the stereo install, color matching the speakers grills is an awesome idea.

Be-Hating
Post #340

QUOTE (180sc @ Oct 13 2012, 11:21 AM) *
looks great you have done well however a little fiddling to get panel gaps neater and body lines straighter goes along way. yes it is a real pain to do in hq-wb series.

Oh and top job on the stereo install, color matching the speakers grills is an awesome idea.

Thanks mate and everyone else.

Also, I know the panel gaps off. But the body lines are straight as funk. They do need to be lined up however. But I've just bolted the panels on and never got around to mucking around with them hahaha!

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #341

Do Want, looks amazing

Anth0ny
Post #342

Good starting point hopefully it wont take much to get it on the road for now

Be-Hating
Post #343

It's on the road man. Pretty much done. tongue.gif

A pic from the recent HQ Holden run:

patrick_h_oz
Post #344

Sweet looking cruiser! thumbsup.gif

Eugene Dickins
Post #345

Awesome cruiser man.

Great thread and build. I am hoping to pick up a Premier Wagon of the brother in law in the very near future. Has given me a lot of inspiration.

RenderedUnsafe
Post #346

Awesome cruiser.. thread deserves to be stickied.

boosted_minitruck
Post #347

shit mate awesome build thread. well done

Be-Hating
Post #348

Hey all, Thanks again for the replies!

Anyway, Not much has been done. Don't know if I mentioned it but a while ago I Got defected twice within two nights for exhaust hanging too low and no heater box, I got that all sorted and fix and it's now all fine but other then that not much has happened.

I ended up selling my ute and kept the widened rims off it and they're sitting here doing nothing So I decide to test fit them the other day and although I already knew they won't fit it was confirmed. The rear guards will need to be rolled to fit, But because my car tucks majority of the tyre it will also need to be pumped as with the guard roll alone it'll tuck most of it but still rub and pumping it will mean cracking the paint, So I think I'll put it off for a while haha.

Anyway. Heres the pics. These photos are of it still on the jack cause its the lowest I could let the car down without anything happening. In the photo the guard is softly sitting on the tyre, Usually my guard would tuck half tyre or more. So you get the idea haha.

Also, A photo from the other night at munchies.

vk134
Post #349

That is one of the cleanest HQ's around a credit to your work and resisting the temptation to mod it. Be-Lovin it.

Messd_up
Post #350

Hey mate - Nice kingy! Have one similar and about to lower it - just wanted to know how low you went and what size rims and tires she running? Cheers

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 10 of 10
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x