Jump to page
NME-55
Post #281

QUOTE (75 KINGSWOOD @ Apr 7 2012, 10:25 PM) *
its your car! -

Hey hating
looking good cant beet the HQ shape
this picture is one of my HQ's
this one is bone stock original in Soverign Gold /with White roof ( that picture does not do the colour justice )
it has original 18,000 miles and log books to match , im the lucky 2nd owner she drives like new

Good luck with your build looking forward to seeing it finished

CAM-327
Post #282

That is amazing mate.

Beautiful car.

Be-Hating
Post #283

QUOTE (fisky82 @ May 21 2012, 06:02 PM) *
nice mate nearly done hey grate job thumbsup.gif

Thanks mate. No doubt yours will be done soon enough by the way your going!

QUOTE (NME-55 @ May 21 2012, 07:11 PM) *
Hey hating
looking good cant beet the HQ shape
this picture is one of my HQ's
this one is bone stock original in Soverign Gold /with White roof ( that picture does not do the colour justice )
it has original 18,000 miles and log books to match , im the lucky 2nd owner she drives like new

Good luck with your build looking forward to seeing it finished

Holy sh!t that is mint. Never sell it haha! Thanks man.

Be-Hating
Post #284

So today most of the day was spent driving around and trying to sort out oil problems ( Not getting oil to the rockers, see in "shooting the breeze" thread for more detail) Took the rocker gear off, And wire wheeled it aswell.

Also got my head lights on and sorted out indicator/ parker issues and washed it!

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #285

Nice work, have you thought about upgrading your lights? Theres a LED kit on ebay for about $110 looks like it should be a good upgrade

Be-Hating
Post #286

Noooooo. I'd never upgrade to a led because IMO it wouldn't look right. Like new radios in older cars, I just hate it haha.

Be-Hating
Post #287

So today I painted the dash, glove box,Pillar covers, steering column and steering wheel. The colour is just a bit lighter then the original colour but it still looks the goods IMO! Also cleaned up the gauges and the fascia.

First thing first, Sand then paint and chucked on a few coats of gloss. Made a whole lot of difference!

Should have some carpet and a new steering shaft arriving in the next week too.

Joyrid3r
Post #288

Coming up mint!

Keep up the great work thumbsup.gif

NME-55
Post #289

looking good ,
the dash looks brand new thumbsup.gif

This is a good build thread

Be-Hating
Post #290

^^^ Thanks mate!

Jay:
NFI what colour it is as it doesn't say it on the cap or can but I did buy it from aussie auto and there was this colour and a very light brown. It's from "Motospray" and it is a vinyl die. Head down to your local supercheap/ aussie auto and suss it out.

And when I was spraying it I did think to myself " I swear this is the same as jay's Qee " No joke. I also sprayed a few coats of gloss on the lower dash, steering column and steering wheel because without that it literally didn't have any shine. So make sure you grab a can of that too.

wbtonner
Post #291

What colour carpet are you going? smile.gif

Coming along really nicely!

Be-Hating
Post #292

"Bark" Tad lighter then chocolate brown.

Be-Hating
Post #293

This weekend was spent mainly mucking around with sway bars. I bought a k-mac 20mm one for the rear last week and ended up picking up a front 24mm sway bar off a wb ute at beenleigh wreckers. As you could imagine the rubbers were screwed so a quick stop at pedders on the way back got us some new ones.

Got the sway bars installed after a quick wire wheel and paint, took the rear right hand wheel and axle off and gasketed it all up. Hopefully that'll stop the leak. Then Done a few little things like paint under the cowl panel vents and bolt that on and polish and put on the front window strips.

Stock hq sway bar ( top ) and the wb sway bar ( bottom )

Because it's a body mounted sway bar ( opposed to a trailing arm mounted one ) I had to drill a hole right next to where the upper trailing arms bolt and mount it there.

Bottem: Before. Top: After a quick polish.

My carpet arrived but because of it's size it wasn't at my local postie and instead at the main sorting facility so I'll be ringing them and sorting something out. Bought my kick panels, boot rubber and rear weather strips so they should be here at least by the end of this week.

Here's a random shot too. Taken mainly because I could tongue.gif Yard needs a mow eh?

Next week I'll probably be installing the carpet, kick panels and hopefully the rear window strips. I'll also probably be buying some new lifters as that may be the problem with no oil getting to the rockers cause they could be blocked.

DaPrem
Post #294

Hello Mate, just wondering where you got the car from? My uncle has one identical in Toowoomba QLD if this wasnt his. Great job too, really coming up well and good to see them not ending up at Simms

Be-Hating
Post #295

I got it from up in north brissy and thanks!

SAM993
Post #296

Anything been happening with this lately? I really interested in seeing the final product. Would love to do something like this when I have the space.

Be-Hating
Post #297

Hey,

Lately I've just been putting the interior in and doing a general tidy up of the car like putting on the sill trim, Rear window trim, Horns, headlight surronds and washer bottle and then just things in the interior like seat belts, Mirror etc..

I got a road worthy cert and mod plate last weekend and insured it with shannons during the week. Hopefully ill be registering it sometime after work next week and then start driving it daily as I go for my P's next tuesday!

Only thing really left is to finish putting in the seat belts, Boot carpet , Wipers, sun visors, heater setup and to paint the bonnet. I'm Still on the hunt for a good bonnet and wheel arch trims if anyone has one. smile.gif

SAM993
Post #298

Wow, has come out very well. Good luck with the test, I was sh!tting my pants before mine but it was pretty good.

DeadSled
Post #299

Lookin funking mint Joel you little @#$!! Good to see the chrome scuffs came up good as well. I can't believe how well its come along since i saw it last.. done such a good job!

Be-Hating
Post #300

Thanks, I'm confident I'll pass....hopefully.

Cheers nick. The drivers scuff plate is one of my old ones I sprayed silver and chucked on for now because of the gay cut on the one you gave me.

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #301

How many cans of vinyl dye did it take to paint both front seats?, came out awesome

Be-Hating
Post #302

Can't really remember but I used a fair bit, I think a can and a half maybe two and these are those big cans that I'm talking about. Just make sure if your painting fabric to run a brush through it every now and then to separate the fibres.

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #303

yeah i have to buy a couple of cans

gutless
Post #304

Building a Q like a boss smile.gif

Be-Hating
Post #305

QUOTE (gutless @ Jul 15 2012, 06:20 PM) *
Building a Q like a boss smile.gif

Oath!

CAM-327
Post #306

Needs more update photos! Hurry up and get it rego'd so i can do some photos with the cars man!

Be-Hating
Post #307

Getting rego tomorrow! Gon be sick.

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #308

QUOTE (Be-Hating @ Jul 15 2012, 09:29 PM) *
Getting rego tomorrow! Gon be sick.

Mint, provide video of skids outside Tmr

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #309

gutless
Post #310

QUOTE (75 KINGSWOOD @ Jul 15 2012, 08:53 PM) *
Mint, provide video of skids outside Tmr

Be-Hating
Post #311

Dafuq is TMR?

I wont be driving the quee there, Just taking the plates and paper work an hoping they don't want to check it out.

gutless
Post #312

QUOTE (Be-Hating @ Jul 15 2012, 09:05 PM) *
Dafuq is TMR?

I wont be driving the quee there, Just taking the plates and paper work an hoping they don't want to check it out.

Dafuq is you talkin bout?

Nothing better than driving a car with no plates to TMR legally and then taking it for its first plated drive home from TMR

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #313

How Dafuq did you not know, Tmr is "Transport & Main Roads"

Be-Hating
Post #314

I've honestly never heard it being referred as "TMR" it's always QT.

Anyway, Had a problem with the RWC so I though It wouldn't be getting registered today, a phone call later and it was sorted. She's registered and ready to go!

gutless
Post #315

OH FUNK YES!!!!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 9 of 10
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x