Exemption For A 1996 Nissan Skyline R33 Gts-t (turbo Charged)  

Page 1 of 8
Jump to page
WESSEL94
  • WESSEL94
  • New User
  • Member No.: 223,973
Post #1 post 30th May 2011 - 11:12 PM
THE CONVERSATION HAS ENDED

This post has been edited by WESSEL94: Jun 3 2011, 04:37 PM
Wandzz
Post #2

At least it was a pleasure to read.

Sharpy
Post #3

there is no law against buying turbo charged cars on your P's.

Why is it the only option. Why not buy a non turbo car?

Burntsmoke
Post #4

they'll tell you to sell it and get a non-turbo car.

jacksonx
Post #5

Admit it, you want to BOV the fuck out of morning commuters, thinking they give a fuck about you and your r33.

drive a DE instead and avoid the stuffing around.

Joyrid3r
Post #6

Well worded and structured post! thumbsup.gif for effort....

In answer to your question:- you are not better than any other P plater, why should you be able to get an exemption and they can't??

slo14
Post #7

ill trade u my eg civic for ur 33 and ur problems solved smile.gif

haha im on my Ps and can drive turbos tongue.gif

someblackguy
Post #8

your reasons are stupid

DOT will laugh at your application, they might even make a paper aeroplane out of it, or hang it on the "exemption applications of the month" wall in the lunchroom.

E-Z
Post #9

why not, if you can get around it go for it., worst they can say is no.

truffles
Post #10

They'll tell you to fuck off, like I am now. Fuck off, you won't get an exemption. Follow the laws, don't be a cunt.

jacksonx
Post #11

QUOTE (truffles @ May 31 2011, 12:26 AM) *
They'll tell you to fuck off, like I am now. Fuck off, you won't get an exemption. Follow the laws, don't be a cunt.

Sig'd laugh.gif

Funkzilla
Post #12

QUOTE (truffles @ May 30 2011, 11:26 PM) *

facesjump.gif

jacksonx
Post #13

**waits for WESSEL94's reply**

WESSEL94
Post #14

QUOTE (jacksonx @ May 30 2011, 11:31 PM) *
**waits for WESSEL94's reply**

Thanks for the opinion thumbsup.gif

jacksonx
Post #15

Y U NO GET ANGRY?

WESSEL94
Post #16

QUOTE (truffles @ May 30 2011, 11:26 PM) *

It's a valid point no need to overreact.

truffles
Post #17

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 30 2011, 11:41 PM) *
It's a valid point no need to overreact.

What valid point? The fact that spoilt punks post threads all the time, asking if they can get an exemption, thinking they're something special. Wake up call; You're the SAME as everyone else.

The department of mainroads don't give a shit what time you start work. Buy a car that you can legally drive. How does what cars your family owns or what time you start work justify you getting an exemption to drive a turbo car?

Your exemption from having a brain was obviously successful.

slo14
Post #18

i once got an exemption from holding my learners for 6months if that helps smile.gif

WESSEL94
Post #19

QUOTE (truffles @ May 30 2011, 11:46 PM) *
What valid point? The fact that spoilt punks post threads all the time, asking if they can get an exemption, thinking they're something special. Wake up call; You're the SAME as everyone else.

The department of mainroads don't give a shit what time you start work. Buy a car that you can legally drive. How does what cars your family owns or what time you start work justify you getting an exemption to drive a turbo car?

Your exemption from having a brain was obviously successful.

You are eligible to apply for an exemption to drive a high-powered (performance) vehicle if:

you need to drive a high-powered (performance) vehicle:
to, or from, your place of employment
in the course of your employment
to, or from, the education institution you attend
there is no other transport available to you

WESSEL94
Post #20

QUOTE (slo14 @ May 30 2011, 11:51 PM) *
i once got an exemption from holding my learners for 6months if that helps smile.gif

Its an exemption so its a start thumbsup.gif

truffles
Post #21

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 30 2011, 11:53 PM) *
You are eligible to apply for an exemption to drive a high-powered (performance) vehicle if:

Mate, I don't see a "need" in any reason you gave. Give it a shot, I dare you.

If you have purchased (or yet to have purchased) this car for the sole purpose of trying to obtain an exemption to drive it, you're a moron.

WESSEL94
Post #22

QUOTE (truffles @ May 30 2011, 11:57 PM) *

Thanks for the encouragement mate!

Burntsmoke
Post #23

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 30 2011, 11:53 PM) *

or
the only car available to you is a high-powered (performance) vehicle:
that you owned before 30 June 2007 and you have owned since, including the date you apply for the exemption
that is owned or leased by a member of your immediate family, or
that an immediate family member uses as part of an employment or salary package agreement
and

and

not issuing an exemption will cause severe hardship.

As you have not bought the car yet, they will tell you to take a hike, there are plenty of other non turbo cars out there.

slo14
Post #24

QUOTE (truffles @ May 30 2011, 11:57 PM) *

If you have purchased (or yet to have purchased) this car for the sole purpose of trying to obtain an exemption to drive it, you're a moron.

his right mate.....u got a non turbo auto sitting at home so they just tell u to drive that...

WESSEL94
Post #25

QUOTE (slo14 @ May 31 2011, 12:05 AM) *
his right mate.....u got a non turbo auto sitting at home so they just tell u to drive that...

The car is being used by family members with only auto licenses.

iBrettowski
Post #26

This kid actually might have a chance, but I highly doubt it seems he doesnt have to use a high powered vehicle for work, so Just suck it up and buy a slow as piece of crap like 99.99999% of p platers and be jelly when you hear a BOV...

QUOTE (slo14 @ May 30 2011, 11:51 PM) *

I got this too!

did my 100 hours in 2 months from driving back and forwards from work everysingle day.

had a medical cert from my doctor saying my supervising driver shouldn't be supervising me but I had no other choice,

My starting times for work were stuffed, sometimes starting at 3am, partly gotta do with reasons about the medical then also if my supervising driver falls sick, like she has done in the past, theres no work for me and its extremely hard to attend my nans bedside. Good letter from work helps!

and also public transports and times of starting work

its not easy getting an exemption for your learners even..

Good luck...

truffles
Post #27

QUOTE (iBrettowski @ May 31 2011, 12:08 AM) *
This kid actually might have a chance,

From what I can gather, OP acquired or is acquiring an R33 gtst for the sole purpose of attemping to get an exemption. Even if OP already owns the car, if it's been purchased recently, it's pretty obvious what they're trying to do.

Getting sick of feeding the troll.

slo14
Post #28

QUOTE (iBrettowski @ May 31 2011, 12:08 AM) *
This kid actually might have a chance, but I highly doubt it seems he doesnt have to use a high powered vehicle for work, so Just suck it up and buy a slow as piece of crap like 99.99999% of p platers and be jelly when you hear a BOV...

I got this too!

did my 100 hours in 2 months from driving back and forwards from work everysingle day.

had a medical cert from my doctor saying my supervising driver shouldn't be supervising me but I had no other choice,

My starting times for work were stuffed, sometimes starting at 3am, partly gotta do with reasons about the medical then also if my supervising driver falls sick, like she has done in the past, theres no work for me and its extremely hard to attend my nans bedside. Good letter from work helps!

and also public transports and times of starting work

its not easy getting an exemption for your learners even..

haha yeh i got mine like 8yrs ago haha onli held my learnerfor like a month if that then got my Ps smile.gif cause of work ofcourse...i lived in whoop whoop and worked on the northside with a 6am onsite start and yeh...impossible to use public transport to get there on time....
i guess it all depends on where u work and where u live and yeh shit like that...
unless u live in whoop whoop like i did i dont think theres any chance of using the no public transport excuse,,,

Good luck...

slo14
Post #29

haha yeh i got mine like 8yrs ago haha onli held my learnerfor like a month if that then got my Ps cause of work ofcourse...i lived in whoop whoop and worked on the northside with a 6am onsite start and yeh...impossible to use public transport to get there on time....
i guess it all depends on where u work and where u live and yeh shit like that...
unless u live in whoop whoop like i did i dont think theres any chance of using the no public transport excuse,,,

iBrettowski
Post #30

QUOTE (truffles @ May 31 2011, 12:13 AM) *
From what I can gather, OP acquired or is acquiring an R33 gtst for the sole purpose of attemping to get an exemption. Even if OP already owns the car, if it's been purchased recently, it's pretty obvious what they're trying to do.

I read it differently, then I read it again and got a different story..

Unsure if he has already got the skyline??

WESSEL94
Post #31

QUOTE (slo14 @ May 31 2011, 12:18 AM) *
haha yeh i got mine like 8yrs ago haha onli held my learnerfor like a month if that then got my Ps cause of work ofcourse...i lived in whoop whoop and worked on the northside with a 6am onsite start and yeh...impossible to use public transport to get there on time....

closest public transport to work is 30 km from work

slo14
Post #32

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 31 2011, 12:21 AM) *

well gl bro and tell us how u go....i kno afew guys that wouldnt mind getting an exemtion too

WESSEL94
Post #33

QUOTE (slo14 @ May 31 2011, 12:23 AM) *
well gl bro and tell us how u go....i kno afew guys that wouldnt mind getting an exemtion too

thanks mate will see! thumbsup.gif

truffles
Post #34

QUOTE (slo14 @ May 31 2011, 12:23 AM) *

They don't hand them out liberally. It's pretty obvious that most applications for exemption from the high-powered vehicle restrictions are because someone wants to drive a high-powered car, not the fact it's the only car available to them or that they NEED to. So I'd just tell them to fuck off.

Burntsmoke
Post #35

QUOTE (WESSEL94 @ May 31 2011, 12:21 AM) *

So a car would be useful, but how does the turbo part come into this. Why not just get a non turbo p plate legal car. instead of making threads like this.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 8
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x