2002 Mitsubishi Ralliart Magna Ralliart  

HaydenVRX
  • HaydenVRX
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 220,760
Post #1 post 27th May 2011 - 08:01 PM
Engine: 6G74 (3.5L V6)

Exhaust: HM 'Ralliart' Headers(factory) into a hi-flow 100cell cat and factory pipes back to a straight through rear muffler with duel 3" tips

Suspension: Lowered on King lows(30mm drop from standard Ralliart) and factory Koni Red shocks

Wheels: 18inch TSW Mondello wheels

Other Modifications: 35%Tint, 380 clear indicators and debadged, Painted calipers

Stereo Audio / Visual: Factory eclipse headunit with 6 stacker, Fusion amp with Alpine type S front splits and Alpine type R rear 6x9s

Estimated Power: 180kw in the book so around 140-145kwatw

This car is one of around 500 made by mitsubishi and this one was sent to new zealand to be sold as a 'Mitsubishi Diamante'. It comes from the factory with upgraded brakes, extractors, lumpier cams and other bits and pieces to separate it from the normal sports or vrx magnas. This one is a 5sp manual with the factory fitted lsd.

I used to own a magna vrx which i do miss and was written off in really shitty circumstances. But this is certainly a worthy replacment.

Sorry about picture quality
Will update in the coming week when i get my tail lights tinted and custom angel eye headlights on the car and a few pics in the camera.

This post has been edited by HaydenVRX: May 27 2011, 08:03 PM

--------------------
|

Chuck a single leggahhhhh brahhhhhhh

Comments

• Boost Network 0
  • Mattydubb
    Post #2

magnaghini

Stanislav
    Post #3

Not a fan of the wheels and wing but would be a pretty quick and reliable daily with all the comforts. Good luck with it hopefully it doesnt get written off!

HaydenVRX
    Post #4

Thinking i might get some 5 spoke axis Hiros in matt black soon. This car certainly has some balls!
    Just wish there was more performance options for magna's but this is already pretty good.

Thinking lumpier cams and a tune!

SubaruSam29
    Post #5

Dont mind this at all. Very clean

wbtonner
    Post #6

QUOTE (HaydenVRX @ May 28 2011, 02:39 PM) *
    Thinking i might get some 5 spoke axis Hiros in matt black soon. This car certainly has some balls!
    Just wish there was more performance options for magna's but this is already pretty good.

Thinking lumpier cams and a tune!

Lol. Cost > Performance.

Woops.

HaydenVRX
    Post #7

Yes but i don't have the option of FI.
    Some tighe cams installed and a postal tune from Steve Knight Racetech may cost around $1200 and add around 15kw.
    I may just decide on the tune or nothing as it's pretty good as it is and then i can save for a different car for when i'm off my p plates smile.gif

JDM_R32
    Post #8

Looks alright for a fagna, i like it. smile.gif

KevinVrx
    Post #9

I love it hayden smile.gif

8700s14
    Post #10

Shame you don't have the stock wheels, these things looked really good as they came from the factory (for a magna)

HaydenVRX
    Post #11

QUOTE (8700s14 @ May 28 2011, 03:29 PM) *
    Shame you don't have the stock wheels, these things looked really good as they came from the factory (for a magna)

The Ralliart Enkei's were a little subtle for my liking but i didn't have the choice. The previous owner sold the set however i still have the spare one in the boot and it's never been put on the car!

Cars are a personal thing and i just really like the shape of these, hence me buying 2. Just couldn't find anything that was as good for the money.

unclepaulie
    Post #12

not bad at all. id remove the wing if it was mine.

18x9.5+35 rota grids asap wink.gif

HaydenVRX
    Post #13

QUOTE (unclepaulie @ May 28 2011, 03:43 PM) *
    not bad at all. id remove the wing if it was mine.

18x9.5+35 rota grids asap wink.gif

I wish! Without rolling the guards 8.5 is the max width and good wheels just don't come that thin. Only one's i can find are Axis hiro 19" or i can get genuine te-37s to fit in 18 or 19inch but with good tyres that's 5k and not keen on that pricetag.

unclepaulie
    Post #14

just roll the guards, its not a bad thing

and you can get grids in 8.5

HaydenVRX
    Post #15

Think i would have to roll them quite a bit and then my wheel flares wouldn't fit so would have to tape them on or something. Not sure Even the nismo lmgt4 look a like's by rota that may be what you are talking about seem to have offsets that would be hitting the guard or possibly even the inside suspension bits

GHOSTY
    Post #16

Is this fwd or awd?

looks clean, nice buy.

HaydenVRX
    Post #17

QUOTE (GHOSTY @ May 28 2011, 07:53 PM) *
    Is this fwd or awd?

looks clean, nice buy.

They are all Fwd, which i am glad as the magna awd system's are very heavy and make the car chew fuel. On the highway in this baby i average 8L/100 @ 110kph!

Paid $11,500 for it with only 33,000kms on the clock! Not bad considering there is about 450 left in the world and they were over 50 grand new biggrin.gif

BurdenBrothers
    Post #18

You had 11.5k and you bought a 9 year old magna!

HaydenVRX
    Post #19

QUOTE (BurdenBrothers @ May 28 2011, 08:54 PM) *

Yes. I like the shape more then most other cars. It was either that or get ripped off buying pretty much any other car. It's top of performance in terms of legalities for p plate drivers and comes with absolutely everything. 6 stacker, climate control, abs brakes.

Best value car for 11,500 i could find.

Draven
    Post #20

Servo looks familar, think thats where i meet my daughters mother lol

Not a fan of the wheels or rims... otherwise pretty tidy

GTOX
    Post #21

Nice P plate car for sure, better than any commodore or S13 every other P plater drives. 6G74 goes alright.

I think Axis Hiro will look sweet on this, they are an awesome looking wheel.

Only 33 thou, basically brand new haha. Thic car would look good both with or without the wing IMO.

HaydenVRX
    Post #22

QUOTE (GTOX @ May 29 2011, 02:14 PM) *
    Nice P plate car for sure, better than any commodore or S13 every other P plater drives. 6G74 goes alright.

I think Axis Hiro will look sweet on this, they are an awesome looking wheel.

Only 33 thou, basically brand new haha. Thic car would look good both with or without the wing IMO.

Thanks a heap man! Yea i love this car. Few little mods and i'll have it awesome! and very fast for a v6 hehe

BDI
    Post #23

Nice Diamante/Magna - Never understood why Mitsi never made this a turbo'd model considering it is a Ralliart spec and has a kit based on the 6.5

HaydenVRX
    Post #24

QUOTE (BDI @ May 29 2011, 06:48 PM) *
    Nice Diamante/Magna - Never understood why Mitsi never made this a turbo'd model considering it is a Ralliart spec and has a kit based on the 6.5

They originally tried this car with 10:1 compression and more radical tune and it made a rediculous 210-220kw or something but then downgraded to 9.4:1 compression so premium octane fuel wasn't required.

The FWD type car wasn't ideal for excessive turbo power i guess and it's just another thing they had to engineer. They still managed to keep this faster then the xr8 of the same year so it's pretty dam impressive for a v6!

Mitsi47
    Post #25

Sweet Ralliart mate, screw anyone who says otherwise, its your car, and haters gonna hate... These are seriously the best P-plater car out there, LSD, Koni's, bigger brakes and a full exhaust straight from the factory, Get it tuned by SKR for 98ron, and have fun with traction!

HaydenVRX
    Post #26

Cheers mate! Yes traction is a little bit of an issue!

ModifiedMagna
    Post #27

QUOTE (BurdenBrothers @ May 28 2011, 08:54 PM) *

This coming from the genius who bought a 18 year old 2 tonne barge non-turbo "Sports" car.

Good work princess.

02GZM
    Post #28

QUOTE (HaydenVRX @ May 28 2011, 11:12 PM) *
    Yes. I like the shape more then most other cars. It was either that or get ripped off buying pretty much any other car. It's top of performance in terms of legalities for p plate drivers and comes with absolutely everything. 6 stacker, climate control, abs brakes.

Best value car for 11,500 i could find.

Fucking lol. Isn't that what all P-platers say when they've never driven another car or bothered to do any research?

HaydenVRX
    Post #29

QUOTE (02GZM @ May 30 2011, 10:41 PM) *
    Fucking lol. Isn't that what all P-platers say when they've never driven another car or bothered to do any research?

I've driven quite a few cars and in what's legal this is pretty tops. In terms of those that are affordable anyway. Stock for stock.

Twenties
    Post #30

Agreed. For some of the choices P platers have a Ralliart aint such a bad option.

Mitsi47
    Post #31

Haters should definitely do some research, try a reputable site like Autospeed, they love Magnas. Ralliarts are brilliant cars.

HaydenVRX
    Post #32

I just need to learn to drive this thing a bit better.

HaydenVRX
    Post #33

UPDATE:

Did a few mods. Went a bit beemer style with the lights but i think it sets the car off in a crowd.
    Also got a few pieces resprayed including some eyelids and the towbar taken off.
    Also added tinted taillights to the mix.

Will upload photo's when i can actually take some good ones, the weather is bloody awful.

HaydenVRX
    Post #34

Towbar gone and tinted tail lights added.

munkeymanz
    Post #35

Looks phat as! lol u removed your towbar, i just installed one on my TW AWD smile.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x