2005 HSV Clubsport Turbo 6.7 408 Stroker  

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
Boostfedvitara
Post #36

Those seats look more comfy then my recliners in the lounge room and that power is very very sexy.

Atomic_Nitro
Post #37

i've never liked commodores much but this is a weapon ... Fuck Yeah thumbsup.gif

iamhappy46
Post #38

QUOTE (hoolden @ May 1 2011, 09:23 PM) *
standard diff ratio is 3.7 shouldnt the 411s make the turbo spool quicker since that is a lower gearing ??? but yes 3.7s would make it easier to drive.

I know they are 3.7's stock(3.9's for auto HSV)

4.11's cause less engine load, so even though boost comes on really quick as it 'flicks' through the rev range, if you had 3.46's the engine is placed under slightly more load and creates more volume of exhaust gas that is also burning hotter, thus spools the turbo up quicker. My old VY SS had full boost at 1800rpm on 3.08's, which made it much easier to drive around town and full throttle blasts would just ride a wave of massive torque through each gear. I could take off in 4th gear at 100km/h sitting on 1800rpm and have instant full boost for overtaking.

It is a weird concept to get your head around but it makes it easier to drive hard, more predictable I guess you could say. The lower diff gears just make the tyres fail to hook up, when they could be getting traction and thrusting you forward wink.gif

Jerryme
Post #39

Was this outside RNA showgrounds tonight?

wilba
Post #40

Not much torque !

iamhappy46
Post #41

QUOTE (wilba @ May 1 2011, 11:08 PM) *
Not much torque !

That is rear wheel torque... flywheel torque would be over 1300Nm

Draven
Post #42

Very nice thumbsup.gif also love the interior on these!

vlt 88
Post #43

nice man i love the cluuby's would be nuts to drive with the 4;11 diff gears but...

wolfman101
Post #44

Those are some ugly seats.
Nice power figure though.

TPG
Post #45

I hope you are planning some wider wheels with sticky tyres, esp. on the rears!!

zoobzilla
Post #46

Animal! Love it

astorey
Post #47

God those seats look comfy.

wilba
Post #48

Yea I no it's rear wheel and I'm sayin it's not much torque for a big donk like that my xr6t was makin 1180nm out of a 4.0lt

QUOTE (iamhappy46 @ May 2 2011, 12:13 AM) *
That is rear wheel torque... flywheel torque would be over 1300Nm

bigrumboy
Post #49

thats cool !!

ride29er
Post #50

QUOTE (wilba @ May 2 2011, 03:30 AM) *
Yea I no it's rear wheel and I'm sayin it's not much torque for a big donk like that my xr6t was makin 1180nm out of a 4.0lt

firsty Awesome car, the previous owner must of had some serious money to burn, what wheels are you going with??
Also correct me if im wrong, but a little birdie told me the only way to get a accurate torque figure is on a engine dyno? or is my little birdie full of shit??

hoolden
Post #51

QUOTE (ride29er @ May 2 2011, 08:11 AM) *
firsty Awesome car, the previous owner must of had some serious money to burn, what wheels are you going with??
Also correct me if im wrong, but a little birdie told me the only way to get a accurate torque figure is on a engine dyno? or is my little birdie full of shit??

not to sure about the torque figure as thats just whats on the dyno sheet that i have,but it has massive amounts of torque can feel it when u drive it,not to sure about what wheels yet,maybe ve gts,or maybe some gold wheels with dish.overall im really happy with it it s an awesome car and just what i wanted,going to tint the tail lights aswell.

Slav
Post #52

very nice

vectorazz
Post #53

Shit yeah!!

powerskidsRUS
Post #54

i think im in love and who cares what the dyno papers say that would be so much fun to drive just dont rap it round a tree like my mate did in his twin turbo clubby with no insurance sad.gif but yeah love the car u should be proud smile.gif

AndrewKh
Post #55

Huge power, gearing would be quite intense though with the 4.11??

adzy01
Post #56

looks good, fr19s would look fkn sick on this!

JDMNESS
Post #57

Fuck yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke
Post #58

That is awesome. I am in love.

S2krazie
Post #59

This is how you do a Holden.
Original owner deserves props for such a well presented car with great power.

S2krazie
Post #60

Last photo looks like the cooler piping is rubbing against the bonnet?

Nocturnal
Post #61

vy57ss
Post #62

typical xr6t owner, dont like playing with forced induction ls motors haha

krayziebenno
Post #63

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

one of the nicest Holdens to be posted on boost. must be mad fun to drive

iamhappy46
Post #64

At what RPM was it making that much torque?

iamhappy46
Post #65

QUOTE (ride29er @ May 2 2011, 08:11 AM) *

Little birdie is full of shit... well, it can be calculated if you have an engine rpm vs power dyno graph and have a rough idea of drivetrain loss.

Is say you make 750rwHp at 6000rpm and drivetrain loss was 25%(thus, 1000Hp@flywheel), then you would have 1173Nm of flywheel torque

TurboXR
Post #66

QUOTE (vy57ss @ May 2 2011, 04:44 PM) *
typical xr6t owner, dont like playing with forced induction ls motors haha

He wasnt even taking the piss just questioned the torque figure, it is rather low though for a turbo LS motor. My xr6t makes 460rwhp and 850nm at 2900rpm Seen a few vids of xr6ts smashing supercharged ls motors...but really it comes down to who has the most dollars!!.

hoolden
Post #67

let the car do the talking on the track dyno sheets dont meen shit this thing has next to no lag

ckboi92
Post #68

veerrryyyy tough ride mate

boost bogan
Post #69

how long have you had it, you bought it off a mate of mine in albury

hoolden
Post #70

QUOTE (boost bogan @ May 4 2011, 09:20 PM) *
how long have you had it, you bought it off a mate of mine in albury

just got it on the weekend bought it from albury

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x