What Did You Do On Your Car Today+ - V2.0  

Page 64 of 66
Jump to page
bandit_corolla
Post #2206

Well this from the last couple days but ive been doing a little bit of body work on my car. 32 years old car and rust...
Pretty much finished the driver side just need some filling and paint.

New floor too

At the moment working on the passenger side... so much rust here have to cut out alot.

that_rodeo_guy
Post #2207

New lock nuts, found one of mine missing and Ford wanted $200 for the set! $40 off ebay for these hsdance.gif

Doc
Post #2208

Guards rolled..

HarlzC
Post #2209

QUOTE (Doc @ Jul 29 2013, 06:52 PM) *
bit of fun with some plasti dip.
rear badge.
<snip>

I also had a little fun with some plasti dip. - Front badge, thinking about doing the others.

QUOTE (Doc @ Aug 14 2013, 03:22 PM) *
Guards rolled..

Who done those Doc?

Doc
Post #2210

QUOTE (HarlzC @ Aug 26 2013, 09:22 PM) *
Who done those Doc?

Precision Guard Rolling.

I could not be happier with the job he did!
guards felt great, smooth and folded all the way up. no paint cracking at all.

For what it is worth, I would highly recommend.
$150 for the rears.

Kevin
0400 622 116

Doc
Post #2211

QUOTE (HarlzC @ Aug 26 2013, 09:22 PM) *
I also had a little fun with some plasti dip. - Front badge, thinking about doing the others.

badge looks much better, i like how it turned out on mine too,
the grill didnt hold as the pinstripe i put back on wouldnt stick to the dip and lifted it.
so next time i will do it again but this time with red dip for the pinstripe instead of tape.

turned out pretty good though.

Draven
Post #2212

QUOTE (HarlzC @ Aug 26 2013, 10:22 PM) *

Who done those Doc?

That looks alot better... wish i had this stuff for my VE sad.gif

Mr.B
Post #2213

QUOTE (Doc @ Aug 26 2013, 10:03 PM) *
badge looks much better, i like how it turned out on mine too,
the grill didnt hold as the pinstripe i put back on wouldnt stick to the dip and lifted it.
so next time i will do it again but this time with red dip for the pinstripe instead of tape.

turned out pretty good though.

You're not a Volkswagen.

Stop it.

tongue.gif

Doc
Post #2214

I want to be tongue.gif

Mr.B
Post #2215

Replaced all the window switches with chrome tipped ones for better durability.

dale.collins
Post #2216

Lowered, wheels on.

Bob
Post #2217

Considered burning it....

I have a 05 BA Falcon and the ignition is like the anus of a 60 y.o. prostitute. Is it possible to put in a push button start and would it be roadworthy with the work done to it?

Doc
Post #2218

perrin radiator shroud and pulley cover.

Attached File  Perrin.jpg ( 298.63K ) Number of downloads: 12

the_random_hero
Post #2219

Put $5k into my panel work fund. Now to decide on bigger guards or to fit a flare kit...

Mr.B
Post #2220

Not mine, but same result.

New paddle shifters.

alpharx7
Post #2221

cleaned and re-oiled my k&n air filter.

neatened up and eliminated some of the engine bay wiring, moved the driving light relay, from under the guard where it was exposed to water/dirt

vk134
Post #2222

QUOTE (Bob @ Sep 4 2013, 02:20 AM) *
Considered burning it....

I have a 05 BA Falcon and the ignition is like the anus of a 60 y.o. prostitute. Is it possible to put in a push button start and would it be roadworthy with the work done to it?

Bob, I leave it to you to be the judge of the structural integrity of the anus of a 60 year old prostitute, but the old fcoon key set not so dear aftermarket to fix your woes, but ageed, how the fk can they be so fn dodgy

VersionR
Post #2223

Got a BA XR6 atm, managed to sell the original wheels for $450, got a set of 20's and lowered pedders suspension for $400, fitted it all this morning and gave it a wash

Attached File  xr1.JPG ( 115.72K ) Number of downloads: 14

HarleyJace
Post #2224

fitted my weds

clutch-monkey
Post #2225

damn they look good harley, don't usually rate tri spokes

wolfman101
Post #2226

QUOTE (Mr.B @ Sep 13 2013, 10:42 PM) *

Not mine, but same result.

New paddle shifters.

Those are a bit crazy long for my liking...how bad were the originals?

Mr.B
Post #2227

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Sep 15 2013, 11:35 AM) *
Those are a bit crazy long for my liking...how bad were the originals?

Short and stubby and only just peek over the 9 and 3 position.

I got them because the plastic was peeling off the OEM ones.

Common issue on VW and Audi's.

wolfman101
Post #2228

Yeah, those look like the ones on my R8. I changed them, and the whole wheels, out for the much nicer Spyder version. Perfect size.

Mr.B
Post #2229

I thinking of actually doing the MK6 GTi steering wheel into the Mk5.

That or the RNS510 upgrade. Or both at the same time

wolfman101
Post #2230

From what I'm seeing looks like the mk6 shares the same dinky little paddles still...?

Mr.B
Post #2231

Not a big deal to change them out. About 30 minutes.

Be-Hating
Post #2232

Got most of the vl back together.

1TUFF80
Post #2233

Sold it..

Attached File  1267313_670724432955086_276466958_o.jpg ( 309.32K ) Number of downloads: 4

rus_s13
Post #2234

I did the exhaust manifold / turbo / dump pipe / front pipe gaskets last sunday, didn't manage the oil filter which was on stupidly tight.

This weekend while painting the s13 oem sideskirts I picked up, I found the old 1/2 drive seat-belt loop tool (not sure what its called) and hacked away at the filter. Got it swapped with the second 3-4l of oil in a week.

Upon startup - oil funking everywhere. I didn't see the 'splash pattern' so I thought there may have been a seal problem on the filter, removed and re-fitted another filter and then - more oil, everywhere.

Further inspection yielded a t-piece feeding my oil gauge and oem sensor had broken off inside, and oil doesn't flow through that part when its not running, hence the bang once started. Seemed I hacked away at the filter quite successfully.

Got some easy outs today, think I've got it sorted. So happy to see that nice silver thread start coming out

thumbsup.gif

450ARN
Post #2235

got a phone call this morning saying we had a hail down poor, and ofcourse im away from home and the car was not undercover, waits until i get home to see how bad or not bad it is - good english i know, *mrs tends to over exadurate things* ohnoes.gif

the_random_hero
Post #2236

Blasted my shell and hung it up underneath my house. Will re-tar the underside on the weekend, then start putting suspension/steering back in.

the_random_hero
Post #2237

Aaaaaand just bought R32GTR wheels/brand new Yokohamas for my i30. Haha

wolfman101
Post #2238

New style badge on. Old one on right for comparison.

Attached File  DSC_0134.jpg ( 1.73MB ) Number of downloads: 13

vk134
Post #2239

Left one is how the designer and engineer wanted it, the right one is the accountants version.........

wolfman101
Post #2240

Lol. I think it's probably actually because when the car was first released they wanted it to be clear and disticnct from the rest of the line-up...hence R8 not "RS-8". Eventually they just decided "the hell with it-let's keep the logo design in line with the rest of the range".

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 64 of 66
Jump to page
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x