1991 Toyota Soarer JZZ30  

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
toyota_celsior
Post #36

Awesome, That is definetly different, props to being diff :thumbsup: Look forward to the pics.

Ever considered 2 1/2 piping to cooler, wouldnt effect flow at those power levels but would help boost a bit quicker. My reasoning for this is ive upgraded from 2 1/2 in piping to 3" in the search for more power but all I found was more lag. Do you run an adjustible exhaust cam gear? -5 degree's would help bring on boost sooner also.

iv'e seen a 1j with no intercooler just a cross over pipe in front of the the engine with water/meth injection, reduced lag a fair wack but was only running stock boost.

Some gt28 ball bearing cores in them ct12's on this setup would be responsive. But that starts to run away from the bang for buck side of things.

Keep me posted.

driftjz
Post #37

QUOTE (bigboss @ Mar 29 2011, 05:41 PM) *
Im a big soarer fan and have owned quite a few,thats impresive drifting for an auto!
What gear are u in 2nd? The factory auto's are very tough in these and can cop lotz of abuse.
Good to see somthing different!

can use 2nd at archy, but 1st give more response and the box will get smash after a long run in 2nd as its my 3rd box in 3year, 1 a year lol! (have trans cooler as well), the gears ,, 1st go upto 85km so archy is perfect :thumbsup: and the response is instant! QR 2nd around the track toping of the red line around 135km ,,,,QR last turn is perfect ratio...

soarer never gave in, true fighter i dont think my SR would ever stand close to 1jz...

the best mod i done was KaaZ 2way diff ,, never feel the same ! fully recommend to any rear drive car....

zoobzilla
Post #38

QUOTE (sam809 @ Mar 29 2011, 05:33 PM) *
mad driter for an auto tug boat

Hahahahah! I think everyone is gob smacked when they work out it's auto. :oopsie:

Sup Chai! Awesome drifting!! You been out lately? I need to organise a day off work to go now..
Keen to tandem with ya soon :thumbsup:

driftjz
Post #39

QUOTE (toyota_celsior @ Mar 29 2011, 06:04 PM) *
Awesome, That is definetly different, props to being diff :thumbsup: Look forward to the pics.

Ever considered 2 1/2 piping to cooler, wouldnt effect flow at those power levels but would help boost a bit quicker. My reasoning for this is ive upgraded from 2 1/2 in piping to 3" in the search for more power but all I found was more lag. Do you run an adjustible exhaust cam gear? -5 degree's would help bring on boost sooner also.

iv'e seen a 1j with no intercooler just a cross over pipe in front of the the engine with water/meth injection, reduced lag a fair wack but was only running stock boost.

Some gt28 ball bearing cores in them ct12's on this setup would be responsive. But that starts to run away from the bang for buck side of things.

Keep me posted.

will get the pics up for you tomorow , its pretty cool , i use some stock bits and some custom bits i had laying around the workshop...i was gonna start making the kits to sell but i thou narr!!! me my self and i,,, as i was just happy to drive what i build..

no cam gears bud , trust me after the set up the boost is so fast, really fast it broke the box after 6-8 lauch ..the box in now has be recond plus cooler to keep its life....finger cross.....

driftjz
Post #40

QUOTE (zoobzilla @ Mar 29 2011, 06:09 PM) *
Hahahahah! I think everyone is gob smacked when they work out it's auto. :oopsie:

Sup Chai! Awesome drifting!! You been out lately? I need to organise a day off work to go now..
Keen to tandem with ya soon :thumbsup:

haha thanks bud... will be out soon! Baby and wife at the moment....

swervedriver
Post #41

Great power for stockish boost. Never heard of anyone doing that to the manifolds... does it have any setbacks? Who did the work? Edit: want to make one for me too?

RXT07
Post #42

Nice drifting... Soarers are usually understated for there performace capabilities.. Keep it sliding :)

chaserface
Post #43

look of the car im not particularly keen on but i love your driving! mad props for being auto.

reminds me of this

driftjz
Post #44

QUOTE (driftjz @ Mar 29 2011, 06:19 PM) *
will get the pics up for you tomorow , its pretty cool , i use some stock bits and some custom bits i had laying around the workshop...i was gonna start making the kits to sell but i thou narr!!! me my self and i,,, as i was just happy to drive what i build..

no cam gears bud , trust me after the set up the boost is so fast, really fast it broke the box after 6-8 lauch ..the box in now has be recond plus cooler to keep its life....finger cross.....

hey bud just got to work and forgot about the photo , but i have an old shot of the bay, u can see the set up! when i can,will give you a closer shoot of how the dumps are layout .... cheers!

driftjz
Post #45

QUOTE (driftjz @ Mar 30 2011, 10:41 AM) *
hey bud just got to work and forgot about the photo , but i have an old shot of the bay, u can see the set up! when i can,will give you a closer shoot of how the dumps are layout .... cheers!

now it works...

driftjz
Post #46

QUOTE (swervedriver @ Mar 29 2011, 07:21 PM) *
Great power for stockish boost. Never heard of anyone doing that to the manifolds... does it have any setbacks? Who did the work? Edit: want to make one for me too?

The set back was from the drawing to the weld! the measurment was abit off so had to re do few things, extend here , cut there but was pretty simple .. and the oil line need to be f around abit that was it...

i did the drawing and the boys up the road done the weld, we can duplicate the kit easy as we have JIG...

the kit could be had from us for around $750.00 fitted no intake pipe but ,and you will have to do the rest, but if you drive in drive out would own you around 1200 to 1400 with Metal cat...depend on your intake setup pods pipe style so on...

i have my own workshop so was a project for me to prove the the ct12 can be use to make good power,and super response was the goal and my main reason was they are cheap to replace... i was gonna use t28 from s15 but becuz i love the stock turbos i stay true to the game...

krayziebenno
Post #47

i like it bar the graphics

toyota_celsior
Post #48

Is this beast registered? If sooo any chance of me catching up with you and swing you some $$$ for fuel to take me for a spin (no drifting haha, i just want to feel how it boosts), really curious. I live 1 suburb away from archie, not sure where abouts you are tho. Pm me if this is something you might be down for.

driftjz
Post #49

QUOTE (toyota_celsior @ Mar 30 2011, 07:51 PM) *
Is this beast registered? If sooo any chance of me catching up with you and swing you some $$$ for fuel to take me for a spin (no drifting haha, i just want to feel how it boosts), really curious. I live 1 suburb away from archie, not sure where abouts you are tho. Pm me if this is something you might be down for.

sure bud . its at home Atm and will be out on the 5th which is tues,,at Archy diff track so should come out you feel more of the car there for sure...

but yeah ,,boosting around on roads not really ideal so Archy or QR if you like...

PM

driftjz
Post #50

QUOTE (toyota_celsior @ Mar 29 2011, 04:43 PM) *
As a huge fan of 1jz's I would love to see pics of the improved ct12 setup, Don't understand how you are ment to relocate them get better flow and response, all you can really do is port the stock manifolds and give each turbo its own 2" intake with its own filter each.

Even the quickest 1jz soarer in australia still runs the stock manifolds in the stock location so just curious as to what you have done, Not being a smart ass just curious.

hope this give you an idea, pretty sweet and easy...

decim8r
Post #51

Hey mate nice Soarer I have a Soarer with A 2JZ-GTE Engine tongue.gif She goes hard, Auto too ! very Easy to Slide biggrin.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x