$300 Fine For Driving Through An Orange Light - Can anyone clarify the road rule?  

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
G-uni7
Post #36

i got one 2
but the officer said i was gonna drag race

so got me 4 attempt to race n fail to stop at orange light
and the cop was drive like he was drunk az swerven all over the shop n rammed me at a gutter

matmarhar
Post #37

QUOTE (Parag0n @ Mar 16 2011, 01:06 AM) *
I got this exact fine from a disjointed cop who couldn't find a defect.

I took it to court and the fine was reduced to $20 and no demerit points, this was in 2006 though and no doubt all the fines and demerits have increased.

When Officer Hardass said he was going to fine me for going through a yellow light, just kept my trap shut because anything you say can and will be used against you...in a court of law. :thumbsup:

me to but i had already payed the fine but got let off the points i wish i diddnt pay the fucking fine
my fine said disobeying traffic light the judge said to me so you ran a red light i said no i went through an orange light with a bus behind me coming through aswell she said dont do it again next time i wont be so leniant i lol'd

LordMorbo
Post #38

FIGHT IT, 3 points fuck that clear example of police abuse of powers
If you were in a sus car whatever it dosen't matter this is the police gray area cant believe they wouldn't let you off with a warning.

Go to court just be honest and as long as you have a good history at least ask if they could not take the points off like a warning.
If i was you i would be spewing

Trust me court is not as scary and bad as its cracked up to be

However if your history is no good still go to court and see if they will lessen the fine

people need to be fighting these fines, dont let em get away so easily

I have lost 3 points for permiting someone to drive my car and they got it defected. yeah sus car but why the points what if i didn't have a license but still owned the car, anyway best not to say what i am truly thinking, fight these fines before we start getting tickets for late braking

intheknow
Post #39

QUOTE (LordMorbo @ Mar 16 2011, 08:02 PM) *
If you were in a sus car whatever it dosen't matter this is the police gray area cant believe they wouldn't let you off with a warning.

Go to court just be honest and as long as you have a good history at least ask if they could not take the points off like a warning.

However if your history is no good still go to court and see if they will lessen the fine

I have lost 3 points for permiting someone to drive my car and they got it defected. yeah sus car but why the points what if i didn't have a license but still owned the car, anyway best not to say what i am truly thinking, fight these fines before we start getting tickets for late braking

wont have much of a chance if it was safe for him to stop.

really simple, obey the rules and you wont get picked on.

khubner
Post #40

QUOTE (LordMorbo @ Mar 16 2011, 08:02 PM) *

well either your a good mate for taking the points or you have a prick of a mate thats what the stat dec is for if you wern't the drive you dont get the fine or the points!

truffles
Post #41

QUOTE (khubner @ Mar 16 2011, 08:20 PM) *
well either your a good mate for taking the points or you have a prick of a mate thats what the stat dec is for if you wern't the drive you dont get the fine or the points!

It was a vehicle defect and he was the registered owner. Khubner, you FUCK.

Sharpy
Post #42

QUOTE (khubner @ Mar 16 2011, 08:20 PM) *

He got defected you retard. Which means a police officer would have pulled him over. and gotten all his ID.

I don't know who's more stupid, you or the person you replied to.

LordMorbo
Post #43

HAhahaha NO

welcome to the real world cops do what they want when they want

nothing you can do but go to court and appeal to common sense

Ralli
Post #44

We have all been guilty of this though at some stage or another .......running and orange light that is

intheknow
Post #45

was considering a witty comeback about common sense etc, but its not worth my effort.

btke70
Post #46

anyone who's local to my area of redcliffe will know one officer rather well, i had a similar experience with him. pissing down rain, 80 kph zone, lights went orange when i was about 10 meters off the lines, continued through as you would.

this was at about 1 o'clock in the morning mind you, he came through a red light no lights on at all until he was practically on my ass. got off with a warning as the car i was in had no assits what so ever. he was keen for a defect on too low though.

Darkness
Post #47

QUOTE (btke70 @ Mar 16 2011, 11:35 PM) *
anyone who's local to my area of redcliffe will know one officer rather well, i had a similar experience with him. pissing down rain, 80 kph zone, lights went orange when i was about 10 meters off the lines, continued through as you would.

this was at about 1 o'clock in the morning mind you, he came through a red light no lights on at all until he was practically on my ass. got off with a warning as the car i was in had no assits what so ever. he was keen for a defect on too low though.

:)

B Unit
Post #48

QUOTE (Marcus89 @ Mar 16 2011, 10:17 AM) *
Future prediction for 2012 right there?

Is this before or after the end of the world?

QUOTE (LordMorbo @ Mar 16 2011, 08:28 PM) *

HAhahaha NO

welcome to the real world cops do what they want when they want

nothing you can do but go to court and appeal to common sense

Really? It works for me.

HP Plod
Post #49

It i irrespective of the vehicle behind you, when it comes to make a decision as to whether to proceed through an orange light or stop. I know it sounds ludicrous but, if you can stop safely then you must stop.... it was a tradition in the old dyas that orange meant floor it to avoid stopping. Then accidents were ocurring and their regularity was increasing, mostly due to vehicles turning to cealr an intersection and being t-boned by orange light runners.

these accidents were serious therfore orange lights became a Life Endangering Offence (LEO) thus the 3 points.

If you think you can stop safely then do so, if you get rammed up the proverbial then it is not your fault, EVER!!! It is the fault of the person behind following too close or not paying attention, I know no one likes an accident, but thats just how it is.

Now most orange lights are for about 3-4 seconds on average, a car that travels 60km/hr is doing about 10m/s, so when a light turns yellow you have about 40m of leeway to stop. If you are within this distance, up to say 30m then you can stop. Most yellow tockets i have written results in the lights turning red just as the car still has some portion of it on or just over the line.

Your comments state that the police car was just behind you and he ran a red light? Then that means you had a late orange and guilty of the offence, if you go into court and tell it like this then you are admitting that the light had been orange for some time, and turned red as the officer hit the line who was close behind you... see where I'm going.

It's unfortunate, but be honest here, you beleived that late at night no cars light goes orange its good to run it to avoid sitting at the red.

As for warnings? No Commissioner says LEO's are not to be given warnings period!!

Sorry for hurting your wallet but lesson well learnt, stop next time.... if you get hit then you ca recuperateyour $300 in the law suit for sore neck :)

176OES
Post #50

So many colourblind people in here.

or is it me....

I cant say I have EVER seen an orange traffic light

ZCH91
Post #51

QUOTE (HP Plod @ Mar 17 2011, 09:40 AM) *
It i irrespective of the vehicle behind you, when it comes to make a decision as to whether to proceed through an orange light or stop. I know it sounds ludicrous but, if you can stop safely then you must stop.... it was a tradition in the old dyas that orange meant floor it to avoid stopping. Then accidents were ocurring and their regularity was increasing, mostly due to vehicles turning to cealr an intersection and being t-boned by orange light runners.

these accidents were serious therfore orange lights became a Life Endangering Offence (LEO) thus the 3 points.

If you think you can stop safely then do so, if you get rammed up the proverbial then it is not your fault, EVER!!! It is the fault of the person behind following too close or not paying attention, I know no one likes an accident, but thats just how it is.

Now most orange lights are for about 3-4 seconds on average, a car that travels 60km/hr is doing about 10m/s, so when a light turns yellow you have about 40m of leeway to stop. If you are within this distance, up to say 30m then you can stop. Most yellow tockets i have written results in the lights turning red just as the car still has some portion of it on or just over the line.

Your comments state that the police car was just behind you and he ran a red light? Then that means you had a late orange and guilty of the offence, if you go into court and tell it like this then you are admitting that the light had been orange for some time, and turned red as the officer hit the line who was close behind you... see where I'm going.

It's unfortunate, but be honest here, you beleived that late at night no cars light goes orange its good to run it to avoid sitting at the red.

As for warnings? No Commissioner says LEO's are not to be given warnings period!!

Sorry for hurting your wallet but lesson well learnt, stop next time.... if you get hit then you ca recuperateyour $300 in the law suit for sore neck :)

That does occur as ludacris to me, but you have to draw the line somewhere I suppose.

intheknow
Post #52

QUOTE (176OES @ Mar 17 2011, 11:40 AM) *

or is it me....

well i am colour blind, orange it is...........!

176OES
Post #53

QUOTE (ZCH91 @ Mar 17 2011, 12:13 PM) *
That does occur as ludacris to me, but you have to draw the line somewhere I suppose.

WORD!!!!!

truffles
Post #54

QUOTE (ZCH91 @ Mar 17 2011, 12:13 PM) *

A newer initiative they're now bringing in is a combo of redlight cameras with a speed camera next to it. People generally speed up trying to make it through the orange light, so guess what? "Yes, you made it through the intersection on the orange...but you sped up to 70km/h in a 60km/h zone to do it. Owned.".

fullysicman
Post #55

If you think you can stop safely then do so, if you get rammed up the proverbial then it is not your fault, EVER!!! It is the fault of the person behind following too close or not paying attention, I know no one likes an accident, but thats just how it is. How is this stopping safely if someone rams you up the rear. Is this official QPS advice.????? Guess what officer plod , i WILL NOT hit the brakes for fear of getting a yellow light ticket and then be rear ended in a crash that may leave me or my family with serious injuries. It is pointly being in the right when you are dead.

Oh and a car travelling at 60km/h is travelling at 17.777777m/s and not 10. This easiest calculation is divide by 4 for an approximate

intheknow
Post #56

QUOTE (fullysicman @ Mar 17 2011, 01:53 PM) *
If you think you can stop safely then do so, if you get rammed up the proverbial then it is not your fault, EVER!!! It is the fault of the person behind following too close or not paying attention, I know no one likes an accident, but thats just how it is. How is this stopping safely if someone rams you up the rear. Is this official QPS advice.????? Guess what officer plod , i WILL NOT hit the brakes for fear of getting a yellow light ticket and then be rear ended in a crash that may leave me or my family with serious injuries. It is pointly being in the right when you are dead.

Oh and a car travelling at 60km/h is travelling at 17.777777m/s and not 10. This easiest calculation is divide by 4 for an approximate

60 Kilometers per Hour = 16.666666666666668 Meters per Second.

apparently for you not such an easy calculation :)

oh and dividing 60 by 4 normally gets an answer of 15

Charger 360
Post #57

QUOTE (fullysicman @ Mar 17 2011, 02:53 PM) *

If you're going to rip in then get the calculation right numbnuts - 60km/h is 60,000 metres/hour or 1,000 metres / minute or 16.6666 metres/second

tas_ae71
Post #58

QUOTE (176OES @ Mar 17 2011, 12:40 PM) *

or is it me....

id have to say a lot of them look kinda orange to me more then yellow at times.

intheknow
Post #59

or even Amber

tas_ae71
Post #60

QUOTE (fullysicman @ Mar 17 2011, 02:53 PM) *

well this kinda becomes a kinda dangerous situation in Japan. people always run yellow including very yellow lights, so yellow they often look red. traffic going the other way like to start driving before the light changes green. trucks are the worst they are normally in 2nd gear before the light has turned green again.

khubner
Post #61

thats the same in thailand and malaysia except they have this ahndy little timer above the set of lights telling you how long you have of green or how long you have of red.

fullysicman
Post #62

QUOTE (intheknow @ Mar 17 2011, 04:09 PM) *
60 Kilometers per Hour = 16.666666666666668 Meters per Second.

apparently for you not such an easy calculation :oopsie:

oh and dividing 60 by 4 normally gets an answer of 15

oh sorry brainiacs I meant to put 17m/s, as the correct calculation is 16.67m/s which rounded out is 17, and if you read my post correctly i said to get an approximate m/s then just divide a speed by 4.

at the end of the day it was no where near the 10m/s HP plod was saying and that was my point

4teecal
Post #63

QUOTE (sbrick @ Mar 16 2011, 07:03 PM) *
I also like to know if the cop car put its lights on befor or after it was in the set of lights? becaues if the cop went through the set of lights without his lights on then you could make that a point in court. If he felt that it was safe for him to enter without lights on then it must of been safe for you to enter the set of lights

I dont know if I have a point here or not :oopsie:

Whether he thinks it is safe or not wont way a magistrate. It is whether it was SAFE for the OP to stop. he has even stated IN PRINT ON A PUBLIC FORUM that he thought i was safe to stop and people are still tryign to tell him to go to court and say it was not safe. Sounds like perjury to me

QUOTE (LordMorbo @ Mar 16 2011, 09:02 PM) *

Where is the abuse of power?. It is an offence. He got a ticket for it.

Twat In The Hat
Post #64

For the people asking, 'how is it safe if someone rams into you' etc. It's not your responsibility to pay attention to the idiots behind you. If it's safe for you to stop without locking up, then you have to stop. It's THAT simple. If you can stop without locking up, then so can the person behind you.. unless they are speeding/tailgating/have an unroadworthy vehicle with either shit brakes or bald tyres.. That means it's safe to stop. You can't say that it wasn't safe to stop because you had someone behind you, it's THEIR place to make sure their vehicle is safe and they are doing the right thing.

Fucking lol to the moron who calls it abuse of police powers. They fined him for doing the wrong thing.

intheknow
Post #65

QUOTE (Twat In The Hat @ Mar 18 2011, 08:50 PM) *
For the people asking, 'how is it safe if someone rams into you' etc. It's not your responsibility to pay attention to the idiots behind you. If it's safe for you to stop without locking up, then you have to stop. It's THAT simple. If you can stop without locking up, then so can the person behind you.. unless they are speeding/tailgating/have an unroadworthy vehicle with either shit brakes or bald tyres.. That means it's safe to stop. You can't say that it wasn't safe to stop because you had someone behind you, it's THEIR place to make sure their vehicle is safe and they are doing the right thing.

Fucking lol to the moron who calls it abuse of police powers. They fined him for doing the wrong thing.

spot on :thumbsup:

200sx_s13
Post #66

Sorry for hurting your wallet but lesson well learnt, stop next time.... if you get hit then you ca recuperateyour $300 in the law suit for sore neck :thumbsup:

Well i learnt the hard way, if you do stop and there is a police officer following behind and they hit you, then it is your fault. I was done for dangerous driving, and causing endangerment. Yet previously i was done for going through an orange light when i had no time to stop.
Seriously the police just bend the rules 2 suit them when they want. And you can challenge all you like, however unless you have an endless bank account your pretty much gonna be F***** by them.
I took mine to court and was completely ignored, my side may as well have not been heard. Oh and the camera footage from the police car magically disappeared, which if it was shown would have put the officer in the wrong. Seriously 99% of QPS are corupt, Pity that there isn't enough bodies and systems inplace to have more people out there able to monitor and pull the police up for the number of countless illegal acts every single one of them commits

Twat In The Hat
Post #67

QUOTE (200sx_s13 @ Mar 18 2011, 10:44 PM) *
Well i learnt the hard way, if you do stop and there is a police officer following behind and they hit you, then it is your fault. I was done for dangerous driving, and causing endangerment. Yet previously i was done for going through an orange light when i had no time to stop.
Seriously the police just bend the rules 2 suit them when they want. And you can challenge all you like, however unless you have an endless bank account your pretty much gonna be F***** by them.
I took mine to court and was completely ignored, my side may as well have not been heard. Oh and the camera footage from the police car magically disappeared, which if it was shown would have put the officer in the wrong. Seriously 99% of QPS are corupt, Pity that there isn't enough bodies and systems inplace to have more people out there able to monitor and pull the police up for the number of countless illegal acts every single one of them commits

I smell bullshit

200sx_s13
Post #68

i smell bacon

Darkness
Post #69

QUOTE (Twat In The Hat @ Mar 18 2011, 09:21 PM) *
I smell bullshit

More BS than a field full of bulls after eating nothing but laxatives.

QUOTE (200sx_s13 @ Mar 18 2011, 09:25 PM) *
i smell bacon

Probably your brain being overused.

200sx_s13
Post #70

Oh im sorry mister moderator person, do you actually believe police are all good and do no wrong? i guess you mujst drive a fucking excel or something, or most likely sit behind a keyboard and never go out at all. Seriosuly open your eyes and see that stuff goes and and that police do have a hard job, but it doesnt give them the rights to abuse their powers as such.
I told you what fines i have recieved, as well as a smashed vehicle that was not covered by insurance as the police wrote it up and said it was myself that was at fault so i was left out of pocket.
Seriously if you don't believe it thats good for you, i just hope you end up having it happen to yourself oneday and realise how much of an idiot you are for thinking the sun shines outta the cops arses

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x