Qld Police Will Try Anything  

Page 1 of 6
Jump to page
oovro
  • oovro
  • Regular User
  • Member No.: 46,824
Post #1 post 2nd September 2010 - 05:19 AM
I was parked up in a carpark chatting to a few mates and showing them my engine bay when the Police pulled in to have a look aswell. They decided to go over the car and try to find defects. When they failed to find any the female officer tells me that im not allowed to have my business sticker on the car because its classed as business advertisement. I thought she was having a lend of me till i realised she was serious. I told her that she was wrong and that she may want to learn the law again. She started to get a little pissed off at this stage and told me that i need paperwork to advertise on my car. I then asked her to take a look at the Police car they were in and said "You have your car marked with what can be classed as a business and then you have the crime stoppers number on it. So do you have your paperwork?" she said she did but when i asked to see it she decided to say that they don't need it. She decided to call the traffic branch to check. She made about 5 calls and then left without saying anything.

Has anyone else had this sort of thing told to them?

This post has been edited by oovro: Sep 2 2010, 05:29 AM

--------------------
Holden Calais VR V6 4.3L Stroker Turbo

Sunny Coast Customs

Custom resprays, panel work

Stereo Installs

PM me for a quote
b.t.h
Post #2

hahaha good work man :(

jacb
Post #3

Its because you have a VR, if it was a VN, they would have left you alone.

oovro
Post #4

They had a VN pulled over defecting the shit out of it about a hour later.

Post #5

cool story bro :(

176OES
Post #6

The sound of a bonnet opening is to QLD Police the same as a cash register ringing

Gone are the days when their primary purpose was to be public servants that we respected.

Now they are just over-glorified tax-collectors

tuff33
Post #7

fark man they will try anything these days better watch out

VTR
Post #8

Cops quite often resort to lame crap like that hoping that their bluff will win out.

oovro
Post #9

She didn't like it either when i told her to just write out the ticket and i'll have it overturned in court.

VTR
Post #10

Yeah,Have said same more than once and not once been written up :(

45SET
Post #11

When was crime stoppers and the QPD classified as a business?

She maybe have confused it with "for sale sign" sticker on the car. You need a road worthy certificate when you advertise the car for sale.

oovro
Post #12

QUOTE (VTR @ Sep 2 2010, 11:30 PM) *
Cops quite often resort to lame crap like that hoping that their bluff will win out.

Yeah but if you stand your ground and know a little about the law you can make them think twice about bullshitting you.

jacb
Post #13

The way you guys fly around mooloolaba, its no surprise that cops are targetting you.. :(

oovro
Post #14

QUOTE (45SET @ Sep 2 2010, 11:33 PM) *

She maybe have confused it with "for sale sign" sticker on the car. You need a road worthy certificate when you advertise the car for sale.

Yeah i suppose your right its more of an organized crime then a business.

And no i told her that its a business sticker not a forsale sticker. She said she knows that and said shes not dumb.

mark1414
Post #15

Exactly what I was thinking. A government organisation is not a business.

Also as 45SET said she was probably confused with having your car advertised for sale and she may have meant you need a RWC.

oovro
Post #16

QUOTE (jacb @ Sep 2 2010, 11:34 PM) *
The way you guys fly around mooloolaba, its no surprise that cops are targetting you.. :(

I resent that. Don't lock me in with all the import guys.

VTR
Post #17

1st sentence is irrelevant as OP was showing the cop the stupidity of her claim.

2nd sentence is redundant given OP explained she was in no doubt of it being a sticker for business and not for sale sticker on the car and had it been thus I'm sure a fail to display safety certificate TIN would be forthcoming.

QUOTE (oovro @ Sep 2 2010, 11:19 PM) *
I was parked up in a carpark chatting to a few mates and showing them my engine bay when the Police pulled in to have a look aswell. They decided to go over the car and try to find defects. When they failed to find any the female officer tells me that im not allowed to have my business sticker on the car because its classed as business advertisement. I thought she was having a lend of me till i realised she was serious. I told her that she was wrong and that she may want to learn the law again. She started to get a little pissed off at this stage and told me that i need paperwork to advertise on my car. I then asked her to take a look at the Police car they were in and said "You have your car marked with what can be classed as a business and then you have the crime stoppers number on it. So do you have your paperwork?" she said she did but when i asked to see it she decided to say that they don't need it. She decided to call the traffic branch to check. She made about 5 calls and then left without saying anything.

And if she cannot get that straight then she's too confused to be on duty...

Post #18

LOL import guys. Lock it in eddy :(

oovro
Post #19

Final answer locked in. lol

mark1414
Post #20

QUOTE (VTR @ Sep 2 2010, 11:39 PM) *
1st sentence is irrelevant as OP was showing the cop the stupidity of her claim.

2nd sentence is redundant given OP explained she was in no doubt of it being a sticker for business and not for sale sticker on the car and had it been thus I'm sure a fail to display safety certificate TIN would be forthcoming.

And if she cannot get that straight then she's too confused to be on duty...

What you failed to recognise is there are two sides to every story.

VTR
Post #21

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Sep 2 2010, 11:43 PM) *
What you failed to recognise is there are two sides to every story.

No did not fail that at all.

Matter of fact there's three sides to every story.

This instance:

OP's side

Cop's side

And what actually took place.

oovro
Post #22

And what you will find is that both sides will be the same as what i have said. Not that the QLD Police service would admit to saying something as dumb as that.

45SET
Post #23

QUOTE (VTR @ Sep 2 2010, 11:39 PM) *

Well that would make OP's claim even more stupid by claiming that QPD & crime stoppers are a business... when they aren't, they are there to serve the general public as a government organisation.

As my comment said, maybe she confused the 2 (Business sticker and for sale sticker). You also don't think that maybe she didn't want to be proven wrong by the OP, that's why she was sticking to her guns, and then drove off without a fuss when obviously being told that she was wrong by the traffic branch.

Don't really see why you tried to pick my post apart and tell me everything I saw was wrong... but anyway... good work :(

BoostedVit
Post #24

QUOTE (oovro @ Sep 2 2010, 11:37 PM) *

haha ive seen u with my own eyes launching your car and speeding. resent it all you want lol

VTR
Post #25

Oh no offence to you intended as such OP.

Point being that there's two perspectives based on participation and then another outside party can see another aspect or fact of the matter.

That's how the third option kicks in.

176OES
Post #26

QUOTE (oovro @ Sep 2 2010, 11:37 PM) *

Because being a Commodore Bogan is SOOOO much better

hehehe

oovro
Post #27

QUOTE (BoostedVit @ Sep 2 2010, 11:46 PM) *
haha ive seen u with my own eyes launching your car and speeding. resent it all you want lol

Lauching my car to 60kmph is not speeding.

BoostedVit
Post #28

QUOTE (oovro @ Sep 2 2010, 11:48 PM) *

haha ive seen u go way past 60. and taking off with wheel spin is illegal. So dont try make out that its only imports doing it

mark1414
Post #29

QUOTE (VTR @ Sep 2 2010, 11:44 PM) *
No did not fail that at all.

Matter of fact there's three sides to every story.

This instance:

OP's side

Cop's side

And what actually took place.

So its probably not wise to blindly take OP story as fact, yeah?

Not saying he is or isn't lieing but a few different words here and there can mean a totally different thing took place.

oovro
Post #30

QUOTE (176OES @ Sep 2 2010, 11:48 PM) *
Because being a Commodore Bogan is SOOOO much better

hehehe

lol My car is a Calais. NOT a Commodore.

VTR
Post #31

QUOTE (45SET @ Sep 2 2010, 11:46 PM) *
Well that would make OP's claim even more stupid by claiming that QPD & crime stoppers are a business... when they aren't, they are there to serve the general public as a government organisation.

As my comment said, maybe she confused the 2 (Business sticker and for sale sticker). You also don't think that maybe she didn't want to be proven wrong by the OP, that's why she was sticking to her guns, and then drove off without a fuss when obviously being told that she was wrong by the traffic branch.

Don't really see why you tried to pick my post apart and tell me everything I saw was wrong... but anyway... good work :(

Pick it apart?

No... clarify points and if you're ok with your view on it then my comments should not make you alter from how you view this.

The part I bolded is quite accurate and the conclusion that is extremely likely.

End of the day,she BS'd the OP with her claim OP had breached some undisclosed by her law and it didn't pan out how perhaps she'd envisaged and left with OP not being written up so his original point holds true.

Why pick apart his post?

Can't see why you'd do that either.

176OES
Post #32

QUOTE (oovro @ Sep 2 2010, 11:50 PM) *
lol My car is a Calais. NOT a Commodore.

Next you'll tell me a Lexcen isnt a Commodore either hahaha

45SET
Post #33

QUOTE (oovro @ Sep 2 2010, 11:48 PM) *

Actually... there is a law against it...

just saying...

oovro
Post #34

QUOTE (BoostedVit @ Sep 2 2010, 11:50 PM) *
haha ive seen u go way past 60. and taking off with wheel spin is illegal

So you were in my car looking at the speedo were you? Im not saying that i haven't in the past but i like to stick to the speed limit.

mark1414
Post #35

QUOTE (45SET @ Sep 2 2010, 11:51 PM) *
Actually... there is a law against it...

just saying...

Time Trials. He admitted to it here.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 6
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x