QUOTE (BAM! @ Jan 8 2013, 10:32 PM) *
He's a Porsche owner. I think he's over compensating oopsie.gif

i don't think i can do it long. the lattes out here are shit as! bowrofl.gif

BAM!
Post #3712

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Jan 8 2013, 10:35 PM) *
i don't think i can do it long. the lattes out here are shit as! bowrofl.gif

mamoru.gif

How far out west are you man? I've been meaning to take a trip out there n see if I can do some spotting of old cars and seeing if I can wrangle a deal or 2

clutch-monkey
Post #3713

just been out past tenterfield, actually not too far. next is out near kingaroy setting up a free range chook farm. been making venison sausages in the interim from a couple of small does i took at tenterfield.

BAM!
Post #3714

Damn. Venison snags sound tasty! Love venison.

Sounds pretty cool. All organic or what?

clutch-monkey
Post #3715

yep well they wandering around the hills when i shot them, so i suppose so lol
been trying to get self sufficient this year, using meat i get on work trips and produce from my home garden.. going fairly well. i find now my diet has a more vegetarian lean because of it though. not really a bad thing i suppose from a health point of view haha
just means i have fcuk all time for the cars sad.gif

BAM!
Post #3716

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Jan 8 2013, 11:08 PM) *
yep well they wandering around the hills when i shot them, so i suppose so lol
been trying to get self sufficient this year, using meat i get on work trips and produce from my home garden.. going fairly well. i find now my diet has a more vegetarian lean because of it though. not really a bad thing i suppose from a health point of view haha
just means i have fcuk all time for the cars sad.gif

I've been thinking of a switch to a slightly more vego diet. Not that I eat too much meat or anything, just want a bit of a change, and meats from the supermarket and butcher up here is fairly so so and unappetising.

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #3717

QUOTE (BAM! @ Jan 9 2013, 12:01 AM) *
Damn. Venison snags sound tasty! Love venison.

Sounds pretty cool. All organic or what?

I had venison patties the other night drool.gif

clutch-monkey
Post #3718

here is one of the backstraps and some of the sausages i made biggrin.gif

keeping this somehwat oldschool related the car i've been using during all this is actually my 2002, no 4wd or anything, it gets along fine and has plenty of ground clearance

BAM!
Post #3719

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Jan 9 2013, 08:18 AM) *
here is one of the backstraps and some of the sausages i made biggrin.gif

keeping this somehwat oldschool related the car i've been using during all this is actually my 2002, no 4wd or anything, it gets along fine and has plenty of ground clearance

I envy you, good sir. That meat looks delish! Fresh or hung?

I've always been a fan of the 2002's. Love the look of them. What other cars have you got in your arsenal? tongue.gif

magna_TE
Post #3720

QUOTE (lil_bobby_260 @ Jan 7 2013, 09:40 PM) *
Haha yeah i bet thats exactly right.... Hows the XC (XC?) going?

Yeah the XC's getting there, Its finally 100% ready for paint! Been spending the last few weekends making sure everything is 100% spot on. Then just needs an exhaust and she's done. Well for now. I managed to pick up 50M of marine quality vinyl for $100 so interior will be on the cards shortly too. Probs wont do much in the next 5 weeks as im headed to Japan for a month as of next Friday, but as soon as im back im determined to get these cars done as I have a new project in mind... But of course need these done first and the Datto gone to make room first.

Plan is as soon as im back get a mate (who painted the ta22) to paint the Xc and the Datto, then get the datto running and tidied up just to sell her, then feed that money back into the xc (exhaust and interior ect) Get the Xc to a point that shes on the road and im happy with it, then the Celica needs a bit of TLC, has some rust coming back through sad.gif so will cut and plate that, then re painted then might be selling her sad.gif to my sister though so its not going far. Then I should have the room and money for my next project tongue.gif

How are all your cars going?

Oh p.s if anyone knows of someone looking for a cheap daily I have my Au falcon for sale, Just bought a VE so its no use any more.
No RWC or rego but doesn't need much and Im slowly fixing the things it needs before it sells. Just needs window chip fixed and rear pads / maybe rotors for rwc that I can tell. Its in my topics and I will do it a lot cheaper then the price on the ad if gone before I head to Japan (next Friday) or if someone on here wants it.

Be-Hating
Post #3721

Anyone been this sideways and kept it? f'king amazing. Also the sound is sooo good. I love the sund targa and hillclimb cars put out.

vk134
Post #3722

QUOTE (Be-Hating @ Jan 13 2013, 07:40 PM) *
Anyone been this sideways and kept it? f'king amazing. Also the sound is sooo good. I love the sund targa and hillclimb cars put out.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="468" width="625" data="https://www.youtube.com/v/uLwm5RvmYO0"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/uLwm5RvmYO0"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"><param name="quality" value="best"><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF"><param name="scale" value="noScale"><param name="salign" value="TL"><param name="FlashVars" value="playerMode=embedded" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/></object>

Yeah, old school muscle cars with a detroit locker or a good limo , you can throw them like that and just backing of the throttle a bit pulls them in, just have to be prepared for the overcorrection flick, they are a bit shit lock to lock and steering box ratios.
The Georgetown prologue of the Targa is awesome to watch, there is a black Torana and a 4 door XA that throw it around like that as well. The speeds they get up to in the Targa are ridiculously fast, I appreciate the mega dollar professional teams, but the crowd comes alive with the old muscle cars and megaphone exhausts. It was a mazing to see the qaulity and build of cars there, all sorts of types and budgets, I loved the guy in the red 4 door XA gt, all the GTR's, Evo's etc, filling up with ELF racing fuel etc, he just popped into the local Mobil servo..

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #3723

QUOTE (vk134 @ Jan 13 2013, 09:03 PM) *
Yeah, old school muscle cars with a detroit locker or a good limo , you can throw them like that and just backing of the throttle a bit pulls them in, just have to be prepared for the overcorrection flick, they are a bit shit lock to lock and steering box ratios.
The Georgetown prologue of the Targa is awesome to watch, there is a black Torana and a 4 door XA that throw it around like that as well. The speeds they get up to in the Targa are ridiculously fast, I appreciate the mega dollar professional teams, but the crowd comes alive with the old muscle cars and megaphone exhausts. It was a mazing to see the qaulity and build of cars there, all sorts of types and budgets, I loved the guy in the red 4 door XA gt, all the GTR's, Evo's etc, filling up with ELF racing fuel etc, he just popped into the local Mobil servo..

Last time i went to targa i got peter brock to sign a book for me, must have been near 10 years ago.

clutch-monkey
Post #3724

fcuk that falcon is awesome! love seeing the big old school cars being wrestled around, amazing to watch compared to seeing GTR's and EVO's in those events.

vk134
Post #3725

QUOTE (75 KINGSWOOD @ Jan 14 2013, 06:02 PM) *
Last time i went to targa i got peter brock to sign a book for me, must have been near 10 years ago.

Wow, nice work, he was always happy to put a signature on anything, I had one on the L34's aircleaner lid from when he was a Lakeside and one on a photo of the L34 and GTHO phase 4 together

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #3726

[quote name='vk134' post='2088073545' date='Jan 15 2013, 03:16 PM']Wow, nice work, he was always happy to put a signature o.
Apparently its the only book of its kind signed by him, as the book tells about of alot controversy that brock was not so happy with

And that Air cleaner would look pretty good up on the shed wall

DeadSled
Post #3727

Well this area sure has died in the ass..

I dunno what the rest of you blokes have been up to, i've been busy playing daily driver minitrucks.. and in between i've gotten this a little further ahead..

75 KINGSWOOD
Post #3728

Coming along

176OES
Post #3729

What engine you planning to run in that deadsled?

Looking forward to the day I can contribute to this section with my next ride. smile.gif

DeadSled
Post #3730

Was going to run the four banger in it now, with some hopped up bits but found two flathead v8's for ridiculously cheap, and sold off other parts that came with them and got my money back.. so now have two free flathead v8's to choose from.. so the banger will be going and a flathead will be going in, backed by a '39 mercury 3spd and a '48 mercury rear end.

magna_TE
Post #3731

QUOTE (DeadSled @ Feb 14 2013, 11:12 PM) *
Well this area sure has died in the ass..

I dunno what the rest of you blokes have been up to, i've been busy playing daily driver minitrucks.. and in between i've gotten this a little further ahead..

I agree!! been overseas for a month, and there's only been 2 posts in this section haha
Looks like your rig is coming along nicely though! Wish I had some progress to show on my cars, but well being out of the country kind of left them dormant sad.gif hopefully some progress to show soon though.

Hows everyone else's cars coming along?

clutch-monkey
Post #3732

got nothing to show or talk about.. been really bogged down with work all over the place. floods didn't help.
would like to finish mini and the triumph

clutch-monkey
Post #3733

one of my mates was up for munchies and grabbed some pics, dunno if any of you guys are in there;
http://streetfans.net/2013/02/24/qld-weekl...-muscle-meetup/

Be-Hating
Post #3734

Hey all,

Just a few questions. I just bought a 308 stroker ( 333 ) and also a vk to put it in and just have a few questions. Obviously I have to change the 6cyl k-frame up to a v8 k-frame but what about the rear end? Does it have to have a disc break rear end? Was told because v8's in vks came with disc's all round compulsorily from factory that when swapping to a v8 you have to put discs on the back if not already there. And any little sneaky tricks I may get caught in that I should keep my head up for?

Thanks.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 107 of 107
Jump to page
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x