93 Supra - Opinions For Paint - Opinions for my new paint job  

54ckd
  • 54ckd
  • Budding User
  • Member No.: 183,189
Post #1 post 2nd July 2010 - 05:12 PM
i recently swapped my merc for a tt 93 supra. Maroon in colour. Basically needs a full respray but i was thinking of two tonning it maroon and another colour to save some costs. Its sitting on 20" dirty dog Xhp (Basic five spoke wheel), and i am willing to paint the wheels aswell. Im just after some opinions on colour and patterns but the car still needs to have maroon save me doing a full respray.
And ideas and comments muchly appreciated thanks.
khubner
Post #2

depend ont he quality of the area you want to leave amroon personaly i'd save up and do the full spray.

depending on how dark it is you generaly want to go a darker colour on the upper than the lower

54ckd
Post #3

QUOTE (khubner @ Jul 2 2010, 05:24 PM) *
depend ont he quality of the area you want to leave amroon personaly i'd save up and do the full spray.

depending on how dark it is you generaly want to go a darker colour on the upper than the lower

i would love to do that but I am looking to sell the car so dont want to spend to much time or money. Originally i was thinking black and maroon two tone but im heading more towards white and maroon with white wheels

warney
Post #4

if ya going to sell it dont paint it, maybe a good buff????

54ckd
Post #5

[quote name='warney' date='Jul 2 2010, 05:29 PM' post='1286075017']
if ya going to sell it dont paint it, maybe a good buff????
[/quo
nah man the guy before has tried to fix it himself, dickhead buffed all the colour till certain are actually white lol

warney
Post #6

LOL , yeah well its fucked then !
oh and pics will help ya cause too !

01sik
Post #7

QUOTE (54ckd @ Jul 2 2010, 05:39 PM) *
nah man the guy before has tried to fix it himself, dickhead buffed all the colour till certain are actually white lol

bowrofl.gif he didnt actually buff the paint off dude, he started to sand it to get ready for paint......you cant actually buff paint off man, you have to use a shitload of cutting compound (not the one you buy from supercheap but a powder substance) before the paint will actually come off.

bookie84
Post #8

PM slimer

tHe_57ATO_gUy
Post #9

I don't reckon there would be a colour that would go well with maroon. What about just doing like a deeper and darker burgundy with a bit of metallic?

8700s14
Post #10

Remember two tone colors are very subjective of taste. If you are fixing it up to sell, I would just stick with the one color, better chance that it won't be disliked!

02GZM
Post #11

Ahh good old maroon and white. Traditional boat colours.

=BEAST VS=
Post #12

^^^ I like this idea, White on the top and keep the maroon on the bottom.

warney
Post #13

QUOTE (02GZM @ Jul 3 2010, 06:22 PM) *

beautiful segway(sp) brother tongue.gif

boom tish!

32 MKV
Post #14

QUOTE (02GZM @ Jul 3 2010, 06:22 PM) *

You just won this thread bowrofl.gif
That's good.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x