Hyundai Excel Racing Series - Track Attack - Evil things are about to happen to Hyundai Excels  

Page 2 of 53
Jump to page
nferno
Post #36

I wish there was more notice!

Timofytit
Post #37

I really do like this idea Jeff. I'm sure my partner will be keen once we get some funds together.

Serious fun, and will certainly improve peoples driving ability. It will come down to the best driver of the season!!

So cheap too! So if you want to be a mad ass driver, sign up!

rbcef
Post #38

This actually sound like a lot of fun. I'm in the market for a cheap daily at the moment & an excel might just do.

SACK
Post #39

Sounds fun, would you be able to strip the interior?

EDIT: Just read the regs......

tmwnn
Post #40

What an awesome idea, definitely bargain basement racing!

Do the rules allow for a bunch of guys to put in together for the costs and take turns racing at the meets?

sexcmone89
Post #41

PMSL :run:

trackattack
Post #42

QUOTE (tmwnn @ Feb 4 2010, 04:00 PM) *
Do the rules allow for a bunch of guys to put in together for the costs and take turns racing at the meets?

yeah thats cool :run:

SACK
Post #43

So does anyone have a 5 speed 1998+ 2 door excel for sale?

RetardedMonkey
Post #44

QUOTE (SACK @ Feb 4 2010, 06:29 PM) *
So does anyone have a 5 speed 1998+ 2 door excel for sale?

This.

WTB!

TwinCam16
Post #45

Value just went from $0.01 to $0.75

senolsan
Post #46

Some more notice would have been appreciated! This sounds like a great idea. Hold it again next year and I'm in for sure. Doesn't have to be excels any other car series under $1500 would be sweet!

hate_
Post #47

I'm thinking

This
https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....04&hl=excel

Or This would be perfect
https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....34&hl=excel

Could pick either up for under $1,000, both twin cam,

SACK
Post #48

Both are in Nsw.....

hate_
Post #49

Car trailer...

This actually looks fast haha
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...id=125D98A85A54
For an excel that is

wasas
Post #50

Remember where topgear did the rally thing with may, and there was the option to buy anyones car at the end of a season for $2000? and they had to sell it.. soemthing like that would make ppl not spend too much on it.

Still I love the idea, I'm just a little pissed my flatmate sold a 2dr excel 5 months back with 100k on it :run: But I'm still signing up for this! :drool:

Jeff, will see you at the cotton climb in a few weeks :drool:

addyz5
Post #51

I would be so keen for this if i had somewhere to store one.

trackattack
Post #52

QUOTE (senolsan @ Feb 4 2010, 06:43 PM) *
Some more notice would have been appreciated!

We will start the first circuit round of the Excel Sprint Series on the 14th of March at Lakeside.
As the cars are going to be pretty much stock not a lot of prep time will be required.

If there is enough interest we could kick off with some hill climb at Mt Cotton on the 21st of Feb ?

Cheers.

addyz5
Post #53

I would be so keen for this if i had somewhere to store one. Imagine how light they would be completely stripped.

addyz5
Post #54

QUOTE (addyz5 @ Feb 4 2010, 08:08 PM) *
I would be so keen for this if i had somewhere to store one. Imagine how light they would be completely stripped. Shit double post.

rice_thief86
Post #55

go the HYUNDAI EGGSHELL!!! WOOT!!!

wasas
Post #56

just leave it on the street
thats where I'm planning to leave mine.. not like anyones going to steal it :run:

Mk1GTI swift
Post #57

this sounds like a great idea for ppl who would like to give racing ago and have never raced b4 to get out there and have fun that is cheap :run:

trommie
Post #58

this would be soo much fun

neil_se
Post #59

This sounds so gay at first glance, but would be heaps of fun to race against others in the same slow vehicles where driver skill, lines, and balls are more important than fat wallets.

If you had enough entrants then 2 classes being carby and injected could bring the costs down even further with some opting for the carby, or X2 vs X3, something like that, otherwise everyone is just going to buy up the newer MPI models.

It's not any gayer than an MX5 series anyway :run:

zuboo
Post #60

QUOTE (wasas @ Feb 4 2010, 07:35 PM) *
Remember where topgear did the rally thing with may, and there was the option to buy anyones car at the end of a season for $2000? and they had to sell it.. soemthing like that would make ppl not spend too much on it.

This has been used many times in the passed, works well.

Salvage
Post #61

x2

Salvage
Post #62

i would be keen for a pre 90's ford laser series..!

trackattack
Post #63

QUOTE (Salvage @ Feb 4 2010, 10:58 PM) *
i would be keen for a pre 90's ford laser series..!

I can host any series you want, we just need enough people interested to make it viable.

addyz5
Post #64

QUOTE (wasas @ Feb 4 2010, 08:26 PM) *
just leave it on the street
thats where I'm planning to leave mine.. not like anyones going to steal it :mamoru:

Living on a main rd where somebody already hit a power pole in front of my house I dont think it would last long before being plowed into by a soccer mum.

wasas
Post #65

well in that case no great loss, I mean its only a excel :mamoru: You could prolly sell it for parts to other races and MAKE money....

There us a 7kw difference between the GX/LX/GLX and the Sprint twin cam ones, if only they were a little cheaper... maybe a carby one running twin 38 webbers? hmmm What other cars were mass produced in the early 90's that are now DIRT cheap... charades? I think the excels are still cheaper. container of micro cars from japan?

Timofytit
Post #66

QUOTE (addyz5 @ Feb 5 2010, 05:50 AM) *
Living on a main rd where somebody already hit a power pole in front of my house I dont think it would last long before being plowed into by a soccer mum.

visions of excel cushioning impact of soccer mum before hitting pole....

dudeongc
Post #67

I LITERRALLY JUST GAVE MY EXCEL AWAY THIS MORNING...............................................

superdave
Post #68

QUOTE (wasas @ Feb 5 2010, 10:17 AM) *
container of micro cars from japan?

There is a cut off time Lakeside is allowed to have cars on track too :mamoru:

heggsy
Post #69

haha this is an awesome idea. never ever wouldve thought this up lol

trackattack
Post #70

QUOTE (dudeongc @ Feb 5 2010, 11:52 AM) *
I LITERRALLY JUST GAVE MY EXCEL AWAY THIS MORNING...............................................

GO GET IT BACK ! :mamoru:

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 53
Jump to page
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x