Hyundai Excel Racing Series - Track Attack - Evil things are about to happen to Hyundai Excels  

Page 53 of 53
Jump to page
HANN S
Post #1821

Thanks paul,must have been all the laps out there with you and the geminis,gee there is some very fotage from your cars camera, love it,bring on lakeside.

wrxkilla
Post #1822

Was watching the Excel Series at Top Gear Races last weekend. Fantastic racing!!! Keep up the good work.

thumbsup.gif

Mick

Spec83
Post #1823

I am looking at having a crack at this this my dad... he is recently retired and needs something to distract him lol smile.gif Plus I had an excel as my first car and have fond-ish memories of throwing chiptorque turbo kits at it amongst other things!!

Just looking for the right base car that does not require any bodywork and is less than $1,250

Do you guys have any contact details for parts suppliers (i.e. rollcage, seat and harness mounts, suspension bits etc.)

cortispazz
Post #1824

QUOTE (trackattack @ Feb 9 2010, 09:51 AM) *
I use 2" rpm harness to AS2596 which complies with AASA and CAMS requirements.
These harness do not have an expiry date.
They are also road legal in my car due to the age of the car (pre 1972)

I need to get a car to paul so that he can work out the steel required for the cages,
but they could be as little as $300 either for a 4 point bolt in kit or 4 point welded in if you take him the car.
price range for cages should be between $300 to $600, will confirm as soon as I can.

where can we get these 4 point cages ??? for $300 and would they be cams approved?

bigp0_1
Post #1825

Excel Race Car for sale Top Gear Ready. For more info Phone Paul 0417003361 Car can be viewed at Brendale

bunit99
Post #1826

ive got a bog stock hyundai excel for sale at the moment.
cheap and runs very well.
pm me if your interested

wasas
Post #1827

Quick clip of getting bumped at T1... had problems with that corner all day for those out there watching. Still, before the bump I was 13th -> 6th within 2 laps.
Had a really fun day out there, and wish I could race for lakeside next month but I think my team mate wants a crack!

Baultz
Post #1828

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAAH

ill make sure to tell my nana AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

nodrog
Post #1829

QUOTE (Baultz @ May 19 2011, 01:52 PM) *
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAAH

ill make sure to tell my nana AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Tell her what??? How your Skyline got beaten by a bunch of Excels???

datto510
Post #1830

FYI I still have 2 pairs of brand new boots if anybody needs them.
both are blue, one pair size 47 one pair size 48 (48 = about size 10)
$80 a pair
cheers Jeff

GT_88
Post #1831

Hi All,

Just asking if anyone has a spare alloy 15" wheel.(to fit excel)15x6.5

Going to use it as a back up thats all!

Thanks,

GT

yda55
Post #1832

hey guys i have to rebuild my motor in my excel
just a single cam rings were worn and starting to smoke.
was wondering weres the best place to get a rebuild kit?
id like to give the motor a full freshen up before i come racing lol

wasas
Post #1833

Come racing with a shit motor. Way more fun!

HSV
Post #1834

I vaguely remember someone hiring out these for the season, is this still happening?

If so I have 3 - 4 likely candidates for next year lined up.

datto510
Post #1835

Ralph mounfield built 2 that were to be rented out.
David from Track Attack also has a spare excel that i believe is going to be rented and used for driver training

HSV
Post #1836

QUOTE (datto510 @ Jun 28 2011, 04:04 PM) *
Ralph mounfield built 2 that were to be rented out.
David from Track Attack also has a spare excel that i believe is going to be rented and used for driver training

That's right, thought it had something to do with Robbie.

Thanks mate.

PRO050
Post #1837

Excels will be running at the next QRDC round at Queensland race way on the 9th and 10th July.
Numbers are looking good at the moment so if you want to run contact me for an entry as entries are made through the Gemini Club not QR.
Cheers Paul

yda55
Post #1838

QUOTE (wasas @ Jun 28 2011, 10:27 AM) *
Come racing with a shit motor. Way more fun!

lol i would win as you wouldnt be able to see through the smoke haha

GT_88
Post #1839

QUOTE (PRO050 @ Jun 29 2011, 09:35 AM) *
Excels will be running at the next QRDC round at Queensland race way on the 9th and 10th July.
Numbers are looking good at the moment so if you want to run contact me for an entry as entries are made through the Gemini Club not QR.
Cheers Paul

Hi Paul,

What's the reason for making entries through the Gemini Club?
Is it because the Track Attack web site is under construction?

Might be about time that the excels form a Club!...smile.gif

GT

PRO050
Post #1840

QUOTE (GT_88 @ Jun 29 2011, 07:32 PM) *
Hi Paul,

What's the reason for making entries through the Gemini Club?
Is it because the Track Attack web site is under construction?

Might be about time that the excels form a Club!...smile.gif

GT

No, the reason is the Gemini's have paid for the race slots so we just jump in with them. This is why they (gemini's) discount the entries $295 down to $250 for a 2 day race meeting. It is great value and run on the national circuit for all the races.
It was just the 4 rounds for the excel's this year so this is just a chance to do a little more racing.
Cheers Paul

bigp0_1
Post #1841

Trackside Car Care are now doing Excel engine rebuilds . Also have a excel race car for sale or lease.

Ryanator
Post #1842

I tried getting onto the track attack website, but there site wont let me view the rules...

Are Big Bore Throttle Bodies allowed????

Cheers Ryan

wasas
Post #1843

Ryan,

No.

julio_vasquez
Post #1844

https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....howtopic=737639
Dont know if you guys have seen this one for sale ? looks good.

180sxy
Post #1845

So you cant modify anything on them? lame

wasas
Post #1846

For intake, you cant touch anything after (and including) the AFM on single's, and the intake throttle body.
The 'zorst is anything AFTER the primary twins, so no extractors or dumps. after that you can run what ever you want, although a stock system is about perfect for the power.

No engine/gearbox/major body work.
There is actually alot you can do around the handling side of things, which is where most of the improvement in time comes from.
I've got a copy of the rules somewhere if your after them,

Ryanator
Post #1847

Thats a shame, I can get a group buy of them done, I'm building a cnc lathe, so would of been a good little power aider

wasas
Post #1848

it keeps it simple, less that can go wrong/break/cheat.

Just stick to the rules and ask the other guys what they have done. you'll find it comes down to commitment

GT_88
Post #1849

Hi All,

Can you pay on the day this weekend for Sunday sprints...?

Anyone doing sprints on Sunday?

Thanks.

wasas
Post #1850

Sprints and circuit are always booked before. Its rare you will be able to ever pay on the day.

And PHR are out for the next few weeks, still learning how to panel beat.

hinzey
Post #1851

Hey this sounds awsome tongue.gif im in nsw could you's tell me wich track would be best to run at and how many events are normally runing through the year and other events you's race in..?

or anything in nsw simila ( near the Central Coast )to this want to get into racing but dont know how and cant afford heapsacash...

MEV09
Post #1852

I have just come back onto boost after a long time off. This looks like a bit of fun. Might see me next year.

302capri
Post #1853

do the twin cam excels have much of an advantage over the single cams?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 53 of 53
Jump to page
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x