Charity Xmas Cruise - 19th December  

Page 10 of 10
Jump to page
Minorci
Post #316

Does anyone have any complaints for the cruise? I would say it was good overall.

Couple of points for next year?

1. We have an organised order in which we travel? - People just being stupid and overtaking.
2. I know it can't be helped if we want to be seen, but traffic lights sucked big time.

Other than wanna say thanks to the coppers for helping out! Kudos to them.

KenFastPerformance
Post #317

Well done to you Jordan (Fake xu1) and also well done to Andrew (Adrnln) you two made a good day for all, good organisation on your behalf and hopefully this will not be a once off event.

Fake_xu1
Post #318

This will most certianly be an annual event!... i will make sure of that! thumbsup.gif

Yeah Andrew did a great job, as well as Dane and Shaun!!!!! thanks guys!

ROLLER
Post #319

I had a good time, met some great people and had a good social event, other then my work calling me up 2mins into the cruise with a bloody problem(lucky I sorted it out on the phone, hands free kit of course) it was fun.

I did have a couple of people failing to understand the common idea of a cruise and not a race track, which involved people over taking me, flying into a very small space then deciding that the red light should be stopped for and slamming on their brakes which could have turned nasty.

Other then that it was a good time to be had by all and will do it again.

Thanks again for organising it and if you need a hand in the future give us a tingle.

Andy.

EZONDAI
Post #320

Congrats to everyone involved in yesterday's cruise - it was a fantastic afternoon and a great chance for us to give something back. Any excuse for a cruise i say!! Hope it becomes a regular thing, but i have to agree that the traffic lights were a major pain. Everyone's rides looked awesome and at least the rain stayed away. Cheers guys!

Katie Mc

Dungary180
Post #321

What a fully sic day, great to see alot of ppl turn up.

Well done to me mate Jordan, what a champ this bloke is hey.

Now who wants to organise another one for next week, ha ha!

We thinking of an Easter Cruise next which should get a few more ppl.

Fake_xu1
Post #322

Think we should keep the big cruise for the end of the year still, that way it will always be exciting!! plus permits are a pain in the ares to get everytime we want to cruise!!!

but in the mean time have a heap of smaller boostcruising meets!!!

Ralli
Post #323

"WE'RE NOT YOUR STEREOTYPICAL HOONS, WE'RE JUST YOUNG CAR ENTHUSIASTS" I like that line.
Article in todays paper.........page...5.

Well Done Guys. biggrin.gif

Adrnln
Post #324

As we can see it was a huge win for us car enthusiasts and a big congrats to Fake for making this all come alive, a splended day had by all

Fake if you can get as much footage from everyone including normal pics aswell, I'll get on to Johnno and work on this DVD of the cruise but it will be after Chrissy some time.

I'll keep in touch with it all

WELL A BIG CHEERS FROM EVERYONE

HIP HIP HORRAY

3mw018
Post #325

wel ill try download my pics onto someones computer who can burn them to cd, my computer is fuked

QUOTE (Fake_xu1 @ Dec 20 2004, 10:04 AM)
...then a i look behind and see one VL commodore and Whit_FC... but we did manage to stay quite close together!

Just a small note, I donīt think I actually met you on the cruise Fake_xu1, that wasnīt my FC rx-7 on the cruise just so you know.
Thats another dudes up here, mines looks a little bit different...

I felt like driving in comfort and good air con, otherwise known as a metalic red Magna Sports. smile.gif

blownhrd
Post #327

LOL @ White FC

Nat bro I thought you would have had the old girl out there stirring it up... Whats happening with it?

QUOTE (blownhrd @ Dec 20 2004, 07:32 PM)
Nat bro I thought you would have had the old girl out there stirring it up... Whats happening with it?

Coul d have taken it out... but nahh...

Bit loud with only the 3in dump pipe on it.
Havnīt had any time off work during the week to do anything about that yet.

Hopefully sometime after xmas I might get a day off then I can sort something out.

Other than that, no dramas with the new engine..

QUOTE (White_FC @ Dec 20 2004, 05:35 PM)
that wasnīt my FC rx-7 on the cruise just so you know.

My bad mellow.gif

blownhrd
Post #330

Fakie I love the photo though man and the comment in the paper... Very well done and organised. Wish the ute was avaliable!!

QUOTE (Fake_xu1 @ Dec 21 2004, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (White_FC @ Dec 20 2004, 05:35 PM)
that wasnīt my FC rx-7 on the cruise just so you know.

My bad mellow.gif

Haha no bad at all.. Just letting you know, will definatly have my car available for the next cruise.. whenever that may be smile.gif

I think this years one was a pretty good idea.
Got some good cars out of the woodwork and out on the road... Brads Rx-7 would be one of the those worthy of note.

I might try and pull a few strings next year for some donations, even though I am invovled in another chairty organisation the salvoīs could always do with some good.
Weīll see how we go..

Although definatly keep it only one big cruise per year..

SSSLOW
Post #332

Did anyone get pics of the greyish Merc that was driving behind a moroon Rex wagon?

I dont think it was at the final stop off at the Salvo's but im pretty sure it was cruising because it was following the Rex

Sorry, but that car was farking beuatiful!

QUOTE (SSSLOW @ Dec 21 2004, 10:58 PM)
Did anyone get pics of the greyish Merc

Where abouts did you see it? i have looked at my footage a couple of times but didn't see it on there!!! I have all the cars going down Trower road! looks very impressive! thumbsup.gif

Massive 85
Post #334

I dont remember seeing a greyish Merc on the day. dunno.gif

(3 days till christmas) facesjump.gif

Calais_Man
Post #335

it was more of a goldy brown colour. he was along side me at the lights at cas and then thats the last i saw of him dunno.gif

blownhrd
Post #336

5 more working downs till I LEAVE TOWN FOR 3 WEEKS!! FULLY SIC!! Whats everyone doing New Years Eve??

Party at MINOCRI's PLACE!!! *I reckon*

Tommi
Post #337

Stuck in this hell hole for New Years.

Fingers crossed that I shouldn't be stuck in this hole in the next few months.

Adrnln
Post #338

I was talking to one of my parents friend and their husband works at the ABC news and he was a bit disappointed that they missed the cruise, He has told me that they are after this sort of thing all the time. I have go a coulpe of numbers which I''l forward on to Fake xu1 for the next event

Tommi ; Hell is what you make it I think

Tommi
Post #339

How can I make the weather? biggrin.gif

Oh and cheers for the bbq and pool after the cruise.

Adrnln
Post #340

true true
No worries will have to do that another time

QUOTE (Tommi @ Dec 23 2004, 10:56 AM)
How can I make the weather? biggrin.gif

Nothing wrong with the weather mothy...

....at least not if you like fishing that is...

Although it is just about to piss down here in Nightcliff..

Tommi
Post #342

I like fishing. Just wish I had a boat.

Nawdy
Post #343

Well done to Fake and all the others involved in the organising and running of this cruise - it has to have been the largest and most successful car cruise in the NT. The behaviour of all entrants on the road was awesome, and a real credit to each and every one of you guys and gals!! Also, a big thanks to The Heat for going out of his way to get everything needed to drive 'The Heat' car on the road.

Being able to make a positive contribution to the community was a worthwhile cause, and hopefully might be bigger than the 'Toy Run' next year!

Lastly, thank-you for inviting members of www.ls1.com.au to attend this cruise - it was a great day and we certainly enjoyed being in this cruise. Hopefully we can do it again next year, with maybe members of other forums joining in as well. For those who didn't know which cars we were in, we were the ones who had photos taken with 'The Heat' in the carpark at Palmerston.

Fake - will post a link to the write-up on ls1 when I get it done thumbsup.gif

Fake_xu1
Post #344

No worries Nawdy.... we all had a great time...

I wrote a story for boost aswell which will be posted up sometime today in the artcle section... i'll post the link when that's up too, it has some extra fotos in it too!

QUOTE (Tommi @ Dec 23 2004, 11:12 AM)
I like fishing. Just wish I had a boat.

Too true..
After i'm back from my holiday to brissie i'm going to start seriously looking for one.

QUOTE (Fake_xu1 @ Dec 22 2004, 08:55 AM)
Where abouts did you see it? i have looked at my footage a couple of times but didn't see it on there!!! I have all the cars going down Trower road! looks very impressive! thumbsup.gif

Hmmm maybe it was just driving along, but i saw it when we were on that big road towards palmerston (no idea what its called)

BTW who won what award at the beach? or did you guys end up scrapping it?

QUOTE (SSSLOW @ Dec 24 2004, 01:58 AM)
BTW who won what award at the beach? or did you guys end up scrapping it?

yeah we ended up scrapping it!!! Massive only got 2 vote slips back laugh.gif

Oh well i still have the prizes and stuff... so we'll just roll them over to the next cruise!

Fake_xu1
Post #348

Story and Pictures -------> here (off the front page) thumbsup.gif

roweysvn
Post #349

Hey guys just read the article on the front page re: the charity cruise that occured,

hats off to youse, you certainly received what appears to be alot more publicity and support then what we did here on the goldcoast/brisbane and we had hundreds of cars

Congrads again to Jordon, who i am guessing is fake_xu1 top effort

Merry Christmas smile.gif

Fake_xu1
Post #350

Thanks roweysvn....

Next year will be even bigger! thumbsup.gif

and a merry belated xmas to you!!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 10 of 10
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x