Sidi Sv6 - help  

Page 5 of 5
Jump to page
UNR8D
Post #141

LMFAO you have to be kidding nothing from AU onwards 6pot vs 6pot has the commodore EVER been in front.

The VE weighs as much as a waterfront apartment, no SV6 has ever beaten the falcon stock for stock, and upuntill now wernt even close on fuel consumption.

V6 commodores have always been a bucket, and still are... the v8's however are a better engine than the boss v8's in the falcon, but there is NO way a commo V6 EVER has been better than the I6 in the falcons, on power/torque or smoothness. and now its so close in the fuel stakes its hardly worth argueing over.

either argue with the facts or dont argue at all, you cant have it both ways FFS.

UNR8D
Post #142

QUOTE (tom_willie @ Jan 18 2010, 07:31 PM) *
haha nice edit tongue.gif righto, i'm done aguing. I think your lost as just another sucker who like commodores. tongue.gif

uneducated, biased and argues on anything but fact commodore fan... yes. thumbsup.gif

GTRwilson
Post #143

QUOTE (tom_willie @ Jan 18 2010, 07:31 PM) *
haha nice edit tongue.gif righto, i'm done aguing. I think your lost as just another sucker who like commodores. tongue.gif

I didnt edit it, check the time it was before you even posted. laugh.gif Theres nothing wrong with a difference in opinion and personal preference, im happy to say im wrong and the Ford is better at this or that, if its proven beyond doubt. Just based on what ive researched and seen 1st hand im going to back the commo this time.

tom_willie
Post #144

Did you edit in another "stock" after vs tho? haha Maybe i'm going bonkers.

GTRwilson
Post #145

QUOTE (UNR8D @ Jan 18 2010, 07:31 PM) *
LMFAO you have to be kidding nothing from AU onwards 6pot vs 6pot has the commodore EVER been in front.

The VE weighs as much as a waterfront apartment, no SV6 has ever beaten the falcon stock for stock, and upuntill now wernt even close on fuel consumption.

V6 commodores have always been a bucket, and still are... the v8's however are a better engine than the boss v8's in the falcon, but there is NO way a commo V6 EVER has been better than the I6 in the falcons, on power/torque or smoothness. and now its so close in the fuel stakes its hardly worth argueing over.

either argue with the facts or dont argue at all, you cant have it both ways FFS.

I cant remember what exact model i quoted so i wont say for sure yes or no, but im fairly certain some models were indeed quicker.(would be VZ at least with the new motor). The VE Omega weighs 1622kg and the FG Falcon XT is 1704kg, both off redbook specs. Do you just throw random info around and hope no one calls your bluff? unsure.gif To claim they are a bucket is just ignorant, whether you like them or not they are almost identical in most aspects to the Ford variant (not including looks ect), for almost all models, it what makes for such rivalry between the two IMO. Also like i said, i know they were less powerful but they still posted quicker 1/4 mile times.

I use nothing but facts my friend, if something cant be proven with actuall evidence and its unclear, then i wont argue the point at all. But like i pointed out above in regards to the weights, you're just sprouting shit yourself.

QUOTE (UNR8D @ Jan 18 2010, 07:32 PM) *
uneducated, biased and argues on anything but fact commodore fan... yes. thumbsup.gif

just lol. refer to all of the above.

QUOTE (tom_willie @ Jan 18 2010, 07:36 PM) *
Did you edit in another "stock" after vs tho? haha Maybe i'm going bonkers.

If you mean in those old times i quoted, i honestly cant remember so i wont say yes or no. I think i maybe included the VZ vs BF but again cant remember.

BLOWNVTSS
Post #146

I pulled out on my girlfriend once and had an accident on her face. Hang in there RIDEHERDIRTY167 you'll get the chance one day bowrofl.gif

You fella's with ya technical talk have lost sight of the argument on the 2nd & 3rd page thumbsup.gif

My 190kw SV6 wagon (not sidi) gets my missus to the shops and back very quickly.

TypeR
Post #147

QUOTE (UNR8D @ Jan 18 2010, 05:38 PM) *
they also dont drive from melboune to sydney everyday such as the claims holden have with getting 900km to a tank either wink.gif... but hey lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story wink.gif...

fuckin lol... I would say a lot more people do highway driving then driving up a down a mountain...

Btw, nice call on the "bucket", pitty the ford is heavier...

ohh noesss mamoru.gif

ridingherdirty167
Post #148

seems like we go to the original topic again eh,

HOW ABOUT THEM P PLATERS LAWS, WHAT A JOKE RIGHT?

DJKOR
Post #149

When will the annoying teenage P-platers ever give up on the whole whinging? It's not like it's going to change the law.

Anyways, from all these responses, it would seem no one has put the SIDI SV6 on the dyno yet, so it's just a whole heap of guessing.

GTRwilson
Post #150

QUOTE (DJKOR @ Jan 18 2010, 10:29 PM) *
it would seem no one has put the SIDI SV6 on the dyno yet, so it's just a whole heap of guessing.

Bingo

the_random_hero
Post #151

When will the annoying teenage P-platers ever give up on the whole whinging? It's not like it's going to change the law.

Anyways, from all these responses, it would seem no one has put the SIDI SV6 on the dyno yet, so it's just a whole heap of guessing.

209whp is the benchmark, yeah? tongue.gif

UNR8D
Post #152

I cant remember what exact model i quoted so i wont say for sure yes or no, but im fairly certain some models were indeed quicker.(would be VZ at least with the new motor). The VE Omega weighs 1622kg and the FG Falcon XT is 1704kg, both off redbook specs. Do you just throw random info around and hope no one calls your bluff?

yes, clearly I am the one guessing here.... oopsie.gif

everything I have posted, you have second guessed, I have then shown the source... you have decided not to read or gone off on your own tangent..

NOTHING has been quicker over the 1/4 than the falcon since au, stock 6 vs stock 6 infact the VE got reduced in power even more due to emmisions in 2008/9 with a running update which made it an even slower slug.

as for throwing random numbers around, I was in wholesale/value and fleet sales for over 5 years and driven everything from a VN exec to an audi RS4, owned and ran 2 limo's one being a BF 6speed auto fairlane the other an alloytec190 statesman and at 3000k's a week im fairly sure I got the gist of how they drive wink.gif...

UNR8D
Post #153

100% correct.

GTRwilson
Post #154

QUOTE (UNR8D @ Jan 19 2010, 07:30 AM) *
yes, clearly I am the one guessing here.... oopsie.gif

everything I have posted, you have second guessed, I have then shown the source... you have decided not to read or gone off on your own tangent..

NOTHING has been quicker over the 1/4 than the falcon since au, stock 6 vs stock 6 infact the VE got reduced in power even more due to emmisions in 2008/9 with a running update which made it an even slower slug.

as for throwing random numbers around, I was in wholesale/value and fleet sales for over 5 years and driven everything from a VN exec to an audi RS4, owned and ran 2 limo's one being a BF 6speed auto fairlane the other an alloytec190 statesman and at 3000k's a week im fairly sure I got the gist of how they drive wink.gif...

I said i wasnt sure on one part, so i said im not going to give a definant answer. bit different to you throwing facts around that were complete bullshit. Everything you have posted, i have proved to be in accurate or just straight out wrong by providing better proof, i cant see whats wrong with that?

VZ:

Weight(kg) 1592
Power 190kW @ 6500rpm
Torque 335Nm @ 3200rpm
1/4 mile 15.2

BF:

Weight(kg) 1707
Power 190kW @ 5250rpm
Torque 383Nm @ 2500rpm
1/4 mile 15.5

Like ive said before, despite have slightly less torque, and reaching max power later, the VZ is still faster than the BF. Wheels magazine tested them and no suprise the VZ won. The VZ also has a better power:weight ratio if you dont believe the magazine. rolleyes.gif I spent time behind the wheel of a standard VZ SV6 and lined up against an XR6, and just like the mag the VZ won.

UNR8D
Post #155

nice of you to compare an SV6 vs a XT falcon... or did you deliberately leave that out of the figures wink.gif

are you a moron? I’ve quoted from factual sources you quote that a mate of your dads/brothers dog got X... I have provided references to where I obtained all information and didn’t do a 'self' quote to get my point across..

V6 is a dog of an engine which is course/rough and doesn’t have a patch on the XRT which like the 210kw SIDI is fords hero 6cyl wink.gif... oh but to be fair I haven’t brought it into the argument until now.

OT - they should have around 190-205RWHP, but until someone chucks one on the dyno we wont know. end of story.

so until you do some research don’t have an opinion, you look like an idiot.

UNR8D
Post #156

1. that link goes no where.

2. the figures i quoted were from real tests.

Real tests hey? Where the link????

what do you want pics or something? Those specs say 14.1 for an sv6, fuck the SS can do better than that. Id take what i've seen with my own eyes, over Redbook 'stats'.

ahh ok, Redbook.com in the dealers section of which I have access to quoted those figures, which were obtained using the ADR guidelines which are also the same figures printed on the windscreen at all dealerships so quote what you like they are the FACTUAL figures.

those specs are a load of shit. I know someone with a VE SV6 and Omega(both pre-SIDI models) and they both can get into the 9s with fuel economy. SIDI cars are more than capable of it, a.k.a better then the FG.

also if you want to get technical, he asked about the commodores real world power, not how you think it compares to the falcon.

and an FG still gets better than that doing highway work, but like I said we can compare dicksizes all day on 'self assessment' *mine will always be bigger ed* but if you want to compare facts then do it properly not off hearsay.

clutch-monkey
Post #157

QUOTE (UNR8D @ Jan 19 2010, 01:52 PM) *

ahh ok, Redbook.com in the dealers section of which I have access to quoted those figures, which were obtained using the ADR guidelines which are also the same figures printed on the windscreen at all dealerships so quote what you like they are the FACTUAL figures.

and an FG still gets better than that doing highway work, but like I said we can compare dicksizes all day on 'self assessment' *mine will always be bigger ed* but if you want to compare facts then do it properly not off hearsay.

lol, facts and redbook in the same post

TypeR
Post #158

QUOTE (UNR8D @ Jan 19 2010, 01:43 PM) *
nice of you to compare an SV6 vs a XT falcon... or did you deliberately leave that out of the figures wink.gif

are you a moron? I’ve quoted from factual sources you quote that a mate of your dads/brothers dog got X... I have provided references to where I obtained all information and didn’t do a 'self' quote to get my point across..

V6 is a dog of an engine which is course/rough and doesn’t have a patch on the XRT which like the 210kw SIDI is fords hero 6cyl wink.gif... oh but to be fair I haven’t brought it into the argument until now.

OT - they should have around 190-205RWHP, but until someone chucks one on the dyno we wont know. end of story.

Hahaha fire up buddy!!

The FG is a shit box, and looks like arse. I even have "factual sources" to back it up.. : )

LINK!!!!!

UNR8D
Post #159

Intelligence of a field mouse....

Fired up? no... Id just prefer a one night stand with anna bligh then to argue with morons.

so let me get this straight, someone ask's a question, it gets hijacked via P plate law's, people who discuss ontopic some how start an arguement with said idiots who seem to know everything but clearly know very little? no wonder boost has a bad name.

ynv33
Post #160

at the end of the day it wont matter what it has at the wheels if your on your p licence the coppers will go off the manufactures stated output which is always measured at the fly and you will cop a fine what do you think they will do drag everybodys car off to a dyno and check it doubt it

rego
Post #161

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Jan 16 2010, 05:13 PM) *
Sweet - P platers cant drive dunnydores anymore hahahahaha

you mean common-whores dont u

tom_willie
Post #162

No, he means conform-adores.

rego
Post #163

QUOTE (the_random_hero @ Jan 18 2010, 11:19 PM) *
209whp is the benchmark, yeah? tongue.gif

im probly on of the whingers but i am so f!@#$%g sic of p'platers speeding and doing reckless shit and spoiling it for the people who know how to drive. So basically STOP BEING IDIOTS AND RIDING YOUR FUCKIN CARS OFF

GTRwilson
Post #164

QUOTE (UNR8D @ Jan 19 2010, 02:43 PM) *

You are ignorant beyond belief, its almost laughable. I compaired it to an BF XR6, heres the exact link for you:

http://redbook.com.au/used-cars/details.as...id=12648DC233A3

Everything i have said, is gathered from online reviews and other sources. I offered to prove these via first hand real life proof, its more that your shit dribble. Still think the FG is lighter?....

QUOTE (UNR8D @ Jan 19 2010, 02:52 PM) *

Ill get the link in the morning when i can be fucked, im not digging for it now, in all honesty you arent worth the effort this late after coming home from work. laugh.gif What you claim to have got off redbook dealer listing is pointless. They could say something like 194L/100k's and they're useless figures if the cars are capable of completely different figures. Or are you saying if redbook claimed they were only capable of 194L/100k's, and every one ever produced managed 11L/1ook's then all the cars are lying becuase redbook says so? I still fail to see how you think some redbook, over-estimated figures, are going to be more accurate than what the cars will get in real life first hand....

TypeR
Post #165

QUOTE (UNR8D @ Jan 19 2010, 05:58 PM) *
Intelligence of a field mouse....

Fired up? no... Id just prefer a one night stand with anna bligh then to argue with morons.

so let me get this straight, someone ask's a question, it gets hijacked via P plate law's, people who discuss ontopic some how start an arguement with said idiots who seem to know everything but clearly know very little? no wonder boost has a bad name.

My uni GPA of 6.7 would suggest otherwise... mamoru.gif

Mate you really need to calm down, you won't be able to sleep at night..

Btw tally board stands at:

GTRWilson - 1
UNR8D - 0

Oh noes.. bowrofl.gif

VTs russ
Post #166

140-150rwkw at a guess

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 5 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x