jacb
Post #4

SPARK IGNITED DIRECT INJECTION

curley
Post #5

250 is wrong, its apparently 210 kw, this engine also comes out in the calais

jacb
Post #6

im gonna take a guess and say... stock...... 175rwkw.

curley
Post #7

no the oldest alloytec had 180 kw stock. i work for holden.. 210 kw mate

TwinCam16
Post #8

Sweet - P platers cant drive dunnydores anymore hahahahaha

02GZM
Post #9

QUOTE (jacb @ Jan 16 2010, 05:09 PM) *
im gonna take a guess and say... stock...... 175rwkw.

16% drivetrain loss... gimmie one of those magical gearboxes.

billanmeg
Post #10

3.6l = 210kw
3.0l = 174kw

but what they actually produce on a dyno anyone know?

02GZM
Post #11

Wonder how many p-platers will wanna get a 3.6L, badge it as a 3L and think they can get away with it.
When will people learn that badging commodores as something they're not doesn't work.

ridingherdirty167
Post #12

These p plate laws are ridiculous, restrictions dont stop accidents. If they want to drive fast they will, with or without a powerful car.

When wil the gov learn that?

TwinCam16
Post #13

QUOTE (ridingherdirty167 @ Jan 16 2010, 06:27 PM) *
These p plate laws are ridiculous, restrictions dont stop accidents. If they want to drive fast they will, with or without a powerful car.

When wil the gov learn that?

Personal Info
ridingherdirty167
New User
17 years old
Male
Brisbane, Queensland
Born Mar-3-1992

Cause at the grand age of what? 18? you know it all laugh.gif

ridingherdirty167
Post #14

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Jan 16 2010, 06:36 PM) *
Cause at the grand age of what? 18? you know it all laugh.gif

I know that i can speed in any car wink.gif also know alot of drivers who arent on p plates crash their turbo/v8 (high powered cars) due to speeding but they dont get the same attention as the p platers because obviously they dont have the P plate on their car

02GZM
Post #15

QUOTE (ridingherdirty167 @ Jan 16 2010, 06:39 PM) *
I know that i can speed in any car wink.gif also know alot of drivers who arent on p plates crash their turbo/v8 (high powered cars) due to speeding but they dont get the same attention as the p platers because obviously they dont have the P plate on their car

Yes but they can get to 150 in a few seconds. Which means less time to react.
Tryin to hit 150 in a barina is going to take forever.

And experience (is meant to...) means they'll be able to handle the car in that situation better than someone with sweet F-A experience. Most kids would probably reef the handbrake thinking it will slow them down.

ridingherdirty167
Post #16

QUOTE (02GZM @ Jan 16 2010, 06:45 PM) *
Yes but they can get to 150 in a few seconds. Which means less time to react.
Tryin to hit 150 in a barina is going to take forever.

yeah but if we accidently pull out on someone i much rather get to speed in a few seconds than taking too long and getting hit up the arse?

E30_luv
Post #17

QUOTE (ridingherdirty167 @ Jan 16 2010, 06:48 PM) *
yeah but if we accidently pull out on someone i much rather get to speed in a few seconds than taking too long and getting hit up the arse?

Simple answer is dont pull out on somebody. Look before you put your right foot down.

02GZM
Post #18

QUOTE (ridingherdirty167 @ Jan 16 2010, 06:48 PM) *

Maybe someone with experience wouldn't pull out in front of someone without looking?

ridingherdirty167
Post #19

QUOTE (E30_luv @ Jan 16 2010, 06:54 PM) *
Simple answer is dont pull out on somebody. Look before you put your right foot down.

apparenty we are arent experienced, and you have never pulled out on anybody? i highly doubt that you havnt

02GZM
Post #20

I haven't. I have common sense and look first.

A kid in a V8 would probably freak out, mash the accelerator, spin out and cause a bigger accident anyway.

Marcus89
Post #21

to pull out on someone and get hit in the ass even in a slow car means you haven't looked carefully at all as you will accelerate and the other driver will brake hard unless they are distracted by something at that exact time

ridingherdirty167
Post #22

QUOTE (02GZM @ Jan 16 2010, 06:56 PM) *
I haven't. I have common sense and look first.

alot of people who pul out actually do look, but they have fuckheads flying down in the turbo cars from a blind spot and you cant see them until its too late wink.gif

E30_luv
Post #23

QUOTE (ridingherdirty167 @ Jan 16 2010, 06:56 PM) *
apparenty we are arent experienced, and you have never pulled out on anybody? i highly doubt that you havnt

I have, but never to the extent that would cause somebody to have to even slow down or be bothered by it, but I know the capabilitys of my cars. If it can pull out infront of someone without them having to hit the brakes I'll do it. If I'm in my 4x4 I'll wait until its well and truely clear because it takes a year to get to the speed limit.

sweet_az
Post #24

QUOTE (ridingherdirty167 @ Jan 16 2010, 06:56 PM) *

meh dont worry mate we all need to learn anyone that says they havnt pulled out at someone or has not been caught doing something wrong by the cops is lying everyone makes mistakes even a 60yr old experienced driver can make mistakes the gov thinks its a good idea i dont believe its showing in the number of deaths that its working but they will do whats needed

ridingherdirty167
Post #25

im not talking about pulling out on some road you have clear vision on. All these fines we cop are meant to be paying for upgrades in blind spots. I have yet to see one upgraded to a reasonable intersection.

xr6kid
Post #26

yeah the law is screwed but does anyone know what an sidi sv6 puts out on a dyno is it under 200kw

Innocent_Commuter
Post #27

For sure. if its 210kw at the engine.

ridingherdirty167
Post #28

QUOTE (xr6kid @ Jan 16 2010, 07:05 PM) *
yeah the law is screwed but does anyone know what an sidi sv6 puts out on a dyno is it under 200kw

im not 100% sure but im pretty sure its over the 200 mark

woodstock88
Post #29

holden claiming 210kw at the engine will probly be lucky to get 150kwATW, as for whinging P-platers, its all been said before, yes u can speed in any car.. but its the time it takes to get there that makes higher powered cars dangerous when an inexperienced driver is in a V8 or import ect doing 0-100 in 5 seconds will get ya into alot more trouble than 0-100 in 12 seconds in mums excel. so suck it up an try not to kill yourselves or anyone else. also fucking LOL at holden thinking that direct injection is such a massive revolutionary thing.

billanmeg
Post #30

QUOTE (ridingherdirty167 @ Jan 16 2010, 07:07 PM) *

nope

Marcus89
Post #31

QUOTE (ridingherdirty167 @ Jan 16 2010, 07:07 PM) *

what do you mean by that?

I would go with it haveing less than 200 rwkw for sure unless they understated the power figures

clutch-monkey
Post #32

QUOTE (xr6kid @ Jan 16 2010, 07:05 PM) *

what? if you mean at the wheels, why would it matter unsure.gif

ridingherdirty167
Post #33

QUOTE (Marcus89 @ Jan 16 2010, 07:09 PM) *
what do you mean by that?

I would go with it haveing less than 200 rwkw for sure unless they understated the power figures

well i havnt looked it up.. so going off what a couple of mates have said.

and when your a learner you can drive any high powered car, ive been driving my dads xr8 ute for the varst majority of my 100 hours, if you can drive one of them in the rain i say your doing pretty fine?

clint_embrey
Post #34

It's a holden. it's gonna cost way too much deliver way too little and a million and one new bogans will be rolling around in them. as to the hijacked thread posts from eariler: The reason the laws exsist is that a generalization has occured due to crash statistics, such as age of driver and vehicle in accident. i think that a reduced power car and the restrictions only do more to remind and instill a senese of reminding teens that driving is a privlidge and as such it is to be enjoyed but respected, cars are works of art in most cases and nothing pisses me off more than to see one wrapped around a tree because the driver didn't know his limits and drive to them.

Innocent_Commuter
Post #35

People need to pull there head in. My shitter has 260kw(+-) at the engine and has around 226 at the rears. I dont see how an engine figure of 210kw will result in 200kw+ at the rears. Your dreaming.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x