Rb20det Powered - wanna c the difference between  

Page 1 of 5
Jump to page
sweet_az
  • sweet_az
  • Regular User
  • Member No.: 94,214
Post #1 post 1st January 2010 - 07:30 PM
hey im not a tire kicker or anything like that just my rb20 just dont seem to be right i know they r slow but fuck can anyone near or close to ipswich take me for a quick strap so c if its normal ?

--------------------
QUOTE (SpikeJones @ Apr 11 2012, 12:32 PM) *
the car isnt an XR6 or XR8 so wouldnt it be a 4 cyl??
cheers

Jack

TREV084 IS A SEXY BITCH!!!!
TwinCam16
Post #2

It's an RB20DET.

They are not meant to be quick / fast / decent.

Nissan invented them to give poverty stricken drifters something to transplant into s13's cause they felt sorry for creating the CA18.

sweet_az
Post #3

pretty sure i said that and wtf man i just wanna c as i think mine has issues lol

boot_it
Post #4

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Jan 2 2010, 03:20 PM) *
It's an RB20DET.

They are not meant to be quick / fast / decent.

Nissan invented them to give poverty stricken drifters something to transplant into s13's cause they felt sorry for creating the FWD N14 NISSAN PULSAR SSS for gay homo,s like myself

shane fixed hahahaha mamoru.gif

TwinCam16
Post #5

QUOTE (boot_it @ Jan 2 2010, 02:28 PM) *
shane fixed hahahaha mamoru.gif

Nawwww

Come on Jason, you can do better than that tongue.gif

sweet_az
Post #6

ffs lol can we plz keep it to what i asked ?

TwinCam16
Post #7

No.

ExodusDesign
Post #8

what type of car for starters?

sweet_az
Post #9

r32 gtst and twincam fuck off hey y come into ppls threads and fuck them ?

TwinCam16
Post #10

Keeping your thread at the top of the list aren't and people are reading it?

Ipswich isn't know for high IQ's is it? laugh.gif

ShuntedB20
Post #11

He is like a fru fru Dog he will fuck anything that he can tongue.gif

tuff33
Post #12

put a rb25 into ur r32 n problem solved man as rb20 arent all that

wannaslide
Post #13

lol rb20's are all right they just lack torque... i use to hate mine when i first got it but now i dont mind it i would rather a rb25 but if mine blows i'll probs just stay with the 20 ...

slyvy
Post #14

rb20det's are alright lol im happy with mine. sweet_az might pay to put it on a dyno see what its running then those guys can help with what ever problem it has,

sweet_az
Post #15

lol its been on dyno and got 195hp lol withc is jsut sad i know

wannaslide
Post #16

QUOTE (sweet_az @ Jan 2 2010, 03:18 PM) *
lol its been on dyno and got 195hp lol withc is jsut sad i know

do you flog it all the time if so then your probably just use to it ?

Mosquitocoil
Post #17

That's around 150kw which is pretty good for a close-to-stock R32, or even with a few bolt on mods.

What's it got done to it mate?

slyvy
Post #18

stock is 158kw which is around 200 odd hp isnt it?

wannaslide
Post #19

QUOTE (slyvy @ Jan 2 2010, 03:24 PM) *
stock is 158kw which is around 200 odd hp isnt it?

no lol completely stock is about 150rwhp and one with exhaust and front mount makes around the 170-180rwhp mark atleast thats what i'v learned from mates cars

sweet_az
Post #20

walbro pump rb25 turbo stock boost due too pinging need frount mount badly rebuilt head with port and polish while it was off

slyvy
Post #21

i might get mine on a dyno i think.

beeraddd
Post #22

i was going to say check your afm.
my r32 never felt too fast when i bought and only used to get 320kms out of a tank.
a swapped the afm out of my brothers wrecked car and it absolutely transformed the thing.
something to check. but 195hp atw sounds on the money for a standard rb20.
don't listen to people that say to throw in an rb25.
they are a waste of $$$ if your rb20 is still in good nick.
if you want more go, just strap an r34 neo turbo and elec boost controller set to 1 bar 16 psi.
and upgrade intercooler to fmic or arc make a bolt up side mount kit that performs aswell as a gtr front mount.(with no cutting!)
rb20 can take way more abuse than it's bigger brother anyway. the 20 just lacks low down grunt which makes turbo selection tricky.

wannaslide
Post #23

QUOTE (sweet_az @ Jan 2 2010, 03:28 PM) *
walbro pump rb25 turbo stock boost due too pinging need frount mount badly rebuilt head with port and polish while it was off

so are you running it with the rb20 actuator or the 25 one ?how much boost is it running ?

sweet_az
Post #24

mate just got a new afm and same thing but i normaly get bout 400km per tank but i really wanted a fucked block to build a stroker as been in one and was mad as

B18a1boy
Post #25

QUOTE (beeraddd @ Jan 2 2010, 03:31 PM) *
if you want more go, just strap an r34 neo turbo and elec boost controller set to 1 bar 16 psi.

Isn't 1 bar 14psi ?

TwinCam16
Post #26

QUOTE (B18a1boy @ Jan 2 2010, 04:16 PM) *
Isn't 1 bar 14psi ?

Bingo.

memmi87
Post #27

QUOTE (beeraddd @ Jan 2 2010, 03:31 PM) *
rb20 can take way more abuse than it's bigger brother anyway.

What... I have two mates with 25's that skid and get thrashed all the time and never die... yet both of them have fucked 20's doing the same thing... the 25 is the slightly better choice... but a 20 is still alright... for an s13 its very base entry level due to being cheap...

wannaslide
Post #28

lol 20's vs 25's all ways turns into a debate on witch is better lol

memmi87
Post #29

QUOTE (wannaslide @ Jan 2 2010, 04:57 PM) *
lol 20's vs 25's all ways turns into a debate on witch is better lol

I just have seen first hand a couple die... although i do love the power of a 25... im contemplating a 20 in my silvia only because i am poor lol

beeraddd
Post #30

Isn't 1 bar 14psi ?

yeah it is sorry!

TwinCam16
Post #31

No one who has the cash for a 25 likes a 20.

The only people who you will find defending rb20s are poor folk or drifter (same shit)

_Ben
Post #32

Isn't 1 bar 14psi ?

Another reason why you don't listen to beeradd

beeraddd
Post #33

QUOTE (memmi87 @ Jan 2 2010, 04:51 PM) *
What... I have two mates with 25's that skid and get thrashed all the time and never die... yet both of them have fucked 20's doing the same thing... the 25 is the slightly better choice... but a 20 is still alright... for an s13 its very base entry level due to being cheap...

yeah your example could be caused by many things. firstly the rb20's might have had a real bad life before they finally let go.
the rb25's that replaced them would have far less km's under them, let alone the way they had been used before.
in a drift car the rb25 wouldn't have to work as hard as the poor torqueless rb20.
or it could be a sheer fluke. i can see why from your experience you'd think differently and both engines with similar mods would
make the rb25 seem better for drifting.
but for bouncing off rev limiters and sucking in big boost is where the rb20 can take more abuse than rb25's. lessons learn't in the pioneering drift days as far back as 02 03 lakeside!

beeraddd
Post #34

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Jan 2 2010, 05:08 PM) *
No one who has the cash for a 25 likes a 20.

The only people who you will find defending rb20s are poor folk or drifter (same shit)

yeah plus an r33 halfcut comes with the bullet proof 5 speed which is a good reason when going for a conversion.
in a perfect world i'd choose an rb20+td06 and r33 5speed.

Sharpy
Post #35

QUOTE (beeraddd @ Jan 2 2010, 05:19 PM) *
yeah your example could be caused by many things. firstly the rb20's might have had a real bad life before they finally let go.
the rb25's that replaced them would have far less km's under them, let alone the way they had been used before.
in a drift car the rb25 wouldn't have to work as hard as the poor torqueless rb20.
or it could be a sheer fluke. i can see why from your experience you'd think differently and both engines with similar mods would
make the rb25 seem better for drifting.
but for bouncing off rev limiters and sucking in big boost is where the rb20 can take more abuse than rb25's. lessons learn't in the pioneering drift days as far back as 02 03 lakeside!

you would swap a 20 for a 25 because you can actually make power out of a 25.

orrrr.... you get the people that claim to have rb20's making 380kw with full boost on a td-06 at 3000rpm and a dual stage boost controller to put it on low boost for around corners and high boost on straights (constantly changing)

(actual story from rb20 driver)

all in all. rb20 drivers have a complex.

get an RB25

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x