Hr30_drifter's Holden - HSV Statsmen Caprice  

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
crkid
Post #36

QUOTE (turbo x-trail @ Aug 27 2009, 05:34 PM) *
keep it car related, i never originally said anything personal nor did i mention my car at all.
fact of the matter is, we both own cars that attract a fair bit of hate/abuse for whatever reason. everyone loves to hate on softroaders, and commdores too.

all i was saying is that you can spend thousands on a series 2 commodore, but its still an american sourced, approaching 2ton chassis, with a v8 with technology from the 70s. just my opinion, from an engineering stand point (from doing a uni degree on it), commodores are not very special/advanced at all.

LS motors on the other hand, are a decent engine, and the redesign from gen 2 (chev small block) to gen 3 (GM LS series) should've been done years before 1997.

[EDIT] p.s. series 2 being VN, VP, VR, VS...

Just so we are on the same level here I see how that may have come accros some what sarcastic but I am seriously congratulating you on what you have done with your car (I read your SAU thread). Good to see something different, nothing personal.

Anyway I see what your saying here and I agree. However your first post seemed to attack ALL commodores hence my rebuttal. As I drive a Vz (LS1) I am sure you can see how your original post came across. But clearly you know a bit about the LSx series of motors and understand that they are far from being a money sucker with no return. Which is more then I can say for the Old 5L, but they still have potential.

astrotristan
Post #37

QUOTE (rich85 @ Aug 27 2009, 03:55 PM) *
he should probably get a t shirt made up i think

bowrofl.gif

turbo x-trail
Post #38

Just so we are on the same level here I see how that may have come accros some what sarcastic but I am seriously congratulating you on what you have done with your car (I read your SAU thread). Good to see something different, nothing personal.

Anyway I see what your saying here and I agree. However your first post seemed to attack ALL commodores hence my rebuttal. As I drive a Vz (LS1) I am sure you can see how your original post came across. But clearly you know a bit about the LSx series of motors and understand that they are far from being a money sucker with no return. Which is more then I can say for the Old 5L, but they still have potential.

well said, good to see some maturity on boost.
definitely not attacking all commodores, hell holden V8 supercars share the same chassis and a few other things, you can get much more of a performance car lol. LS motors are one of the best things to come out of GM... My friend put an LS motor into a 32 skyline track car, and since the LS being all ally motor, ends up being lighter than the RB20. It goes like the clappers. Its fucking nuts, thats when i started to appreciate LS commdores, with a bit of a weightloss program, they can be great performance cars, and VZs are a great looking car...

SMITH1992
Post #39

QUOTE (crkid @ Aug 27 2009, 02:57 PM) *
Same could be send for an X-trail or any car for that matter. Why bother posting pointless crap like that head_wall.gif

As for the car, "305 Chev"? Dont think so but hey prove me wrong...

Other then that could be nice with some work.

How many Mod'd Xtrails? do u see?

How many Mod'd Commonwhore's do you see?

To many! Be original!?!?! He kinda is? Give him that much atleast.

Each to there own I just don't see the inspiration, need or want to mod a Commo...

But yeh No Doubt they have potential. I Don't Know a great deal about em, But theyre a good car just not my style.
Ohh and i rather a ford. But none of that nonsense. JDM!!!! is my true love.

SMITH1992
Post #40

QUOTE (BlownBMW @ Aug 27 2009, 04:32 PM) *
not to bad man, my first car was SV5000 HSV enhanced VQ stato, there not a bad car, had little bit of head work, cam and chip, was good for a 13.8 @ 97mph smile.gif

also, its 304 not 305 tongue.gif

13.8 in a stato? nothing to laugh at back in the day!!!!

lovee_ford_but_drive_holden
Post #41

hey mate how much? swaps?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x